1. 1. Predict The Outcome Of Jets - Chargers

• Jets Win A Close Low Scoring Game
    • Jets Win A Close High Scoring Game
    • Jets Win Convincingly By 10 + Points
    • Chargers Win A Close Low Scoring Game
    • Chargers Win A Close High Scoring Game
    • Chargers Win Convincingly By 10 + Points

31 minutes ago, heymangold said:

chargers are severely overrated by yall.  herbert is good but i'm not worried about their WRs vs our DBs.  Ekeler hasn't been the same this year, probably still injured.

their defense stinks outside of their pass rushers.

24-13 jets.

Well Vegas must be overrating them too as they are a 3 point favorite in a road East Coast game.

Guys, you all said the same thing last week.  "The Giants are terrible". "We are going to beat the Giants by 3 tds".

The Jets are not a good football team.  They cannot score points offensively.  

Can we put a complete game on film before we talk about how we are going to destroy teams and how other teams are overrated?

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well Vegas must be overrating them too as they are a 3 point favorite in a road East Coast game.

Guys, you all said the same thing last week.  "The Giants are terrible". "We are going to beat the Giants by 3 tds".

Can we put a complete game on film before we talk about how we are going to destroy teams and how other teams are overrated?

and what makes you say the chargers are good?  they have a quality qb, a good wr and a rb.  jets have a dominant defense. they're 3-4.  what, cause they blew out the bears we all should be scared?

your doom and gloom act with the jets is getting real tiresome.  it doesn't matter HOW they win, they won last week.  the jets are 4-3.  stop being a fan if all you're gonna do is be negative - it's gotta be bad for your health.

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

and what makes you say the chargers are good?  they have a quality qb, a good wr and a rb.  jets have a dominant defense. they're 3-4.  what, cause they blew out the bears we all should be scared?

your doom and gloom act with the jets is getting real tiresome.  it doesn't matter HOW they win, they won last week.  the jets are 4-3.  stop being a fan if all you're gonna do is be negative - it's gotta be bad for your health.

Im not doom and gloom.  I thought we would beat the Giants, I thought the Eagles would overlook us and we would beat them etc.  

I am just not delusional and spouting that we are going to destroy teams and other teams are overrated.

We needed a miracle to beat a team that had -9 passing yards.  And we call other teams overrated.

Jet fans...........................................................

• Post of the Week 2

Game will be close. Once again our defense will keep us in this one. 

We are simply too banged up along the o-line to do anything on offense to put together the drives necessary to generate enough points to win this one, IMO. 

The only X factor is turnovers. Can the Jets defense not only play lights out but create turnovers that will put this offense in a position to generate points. Or dare I say generate defensive points off turnovers? I think that's a lot to ask. But if the Jets can do what they did to the Eagles and force multiple turnovers, maybe even a pick 6. They can pull this win out.    

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Could be ugly with Mack and Bosa bringing the heat, compelling Hackett to go "run, run, pass" like he always does.

It's genetic.  Goes all the way back to Hacketts coming to America in the 1800's.  Somehow the Jets got two of these Hackits in my lifetime.

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im not doom and gloom.  I thought we would beat the Giants, I thought the Eagles would overlook us and we would beat them etc.  

I am just not delusional and spouting that we are going to destroy teams and other teams are overrated.

We needed a miracle to beat a team that had -9 passing yards.  And we call other teams overrated.

Jet fans...........................................................

That team that had -9 passing yards, had over 200 rushing yards. Just sayin. 

20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So Zach Wilson has not had a breakout in game in 3 years but multiple posters are predicting it to happen Monday night?  

Last week, tons of members on this board predicted Zach to have a breakout game.  How did that go?

What are seeing that you keep predicting this to happen?

dude thats the pot calling the kettle black. The king of extreme predictions and massive fails should not call others out

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Craptain has spoken

With our D and  ST I think we have a fare chance to win any game we play.  Hard to predict the future.  Depends on injuries both we and our opponents are burdened with ATM.  I.e. our OL is a huge ? for Monday's game.  Fortunately their D is bottom feeder quality.     

Go Jets! 

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

With our D and  ST I think we have a fare chance to win any game we play.  Hard to predict the future.  Depends on injuries both we and our opponents are burdened with ATM.  I.e. our OL is a huge ? for Monday's game.  Fortunately their D is bottom feeder quality.     

Go Jets! 

The same was said last week about the Giants D and then after the game, jet fans had them pegged as the 85 bears.

• Haha 1

I mentioned earlier that the Jets will eek out a closChargers. That happens I wonder if this would spell the end of Staley? His play calling has been suspect for some time. This seems to be their dilemma, solid teams but they can't ever seal the deal, either calls or injuries.

Like if George Costanza or Woody Allen were a football team, they'd be the neurotic chargers.

On 11/2/2023 at 2:39 PM, Ron Rico said:

I'm sure you are hoping that happens, but there is nothing in the first 7 games to indicate that will be the strategy employed by Hackett.

It's not a secret that the Jets have succeeded thus far by capitalizing on their opponents' mistakes. It's no secret that the 59th minute is as critical as the first 59 minutes. The Jets prioritize conservative ball control, keeping the score close, and grinding the clock down, and waiting for your opponent to become impatient and do something stupid. The Bills and Eagles inevitably delivered. Denver just plain sucks, and the Giants didn't let DeVito throw a single pass in an entire half and Gano's shanks notwithstanding, a mere one first down for the Giants, wins that game. One more set of downs and you can kiss that one second miracle good bye. But I digress.

The Jets have learned one thing in 7 weeks-- you can win without scoring TD's, until you can't. 

The Jets defense is real good. That's not a secret, either.  However, they can be made vulnerable, even humiliated. The Cowboys offense showed that. 

So what do the Chargers have in mind? It's not complicated. 

Herbert has thrown 14 TD's and 4 INT's vs Zach 3 TD's and 2 INT's. The Chargers are 3-5, the Jets are 4-3, so I don't see the Jets coaching staff doing anything differently than what we've seen thus far. You win with FG's, grinding out the clock, and relying on your defense to shut the opponent down. Keep it a boring low scoring game and win. 

I don't see the Chargers doing anything differently, either.

The Chargers know that they have a kick ass offense, they are not garbage like Denver. They know that to beat the Jets, it is essential to score at least 2 TD's (or more), do not turn the ball over, especially in the 4th quarter-- and make sure your kicker can make a FG. 

That's pretty much it. 

While I hope Herbert throws 4 INT's, and Dicker shanks all of his FG attempts, this is week 8 and this where the contenders separate themselves from the pretenders. 

You can only polish a turd, and pretend it's a gold rock, for so long. 

Let me put it another way, if the Chargers offense was on the field in place of the Giants offense last week, that game would have made the Cowboys game look like it was competitive. 

The same is true if even Herbert was the Jets QB. Jets would have steamrolled the Giants. 

Hiding Zach worked until 5-2 in 2022. 

It stops working Monday night, this year. 

Chargers 27- Jets 9.

“Escu me GORILLA, we da **** out”  Wiccka wocka wok nome sayin, eerizza wizz uh wizzuh

The Wigger in crisis