Robert Saleh Poll

Should Robert Saleh Continue as HC of the NYJ?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robert Saleh Continue as HC of the NYJ?

• He is a slogan dependent pile of hot ignorant about Offense garbage and should be fired immediately
    • He should be fired at the conclusion of the season and only if a better candidate is available (meaning just about anyone)
    • He should be given 1 more season to see if he can win with Rodgers coordinating the offense
    • I'm OK with Robert Saleh and he should remain HC of the NYJ for many, many years

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Saleh has done a good job with the defense (as has Ulbrich) but both are absolutely replaceable.  There is a ton of talent on this defense.  I believe there are many HC/DC who could do just as good of a job (if not better) with this group.

I wonder why so many NFL teams have terrible defenses with these unnamed Defensive Geniuses standing around, waiting for the Jets to hire them 

• Post of the Week 1

I feel like, at least to this point, he has gotten New York jet’d. The same stuff that always seems to happen, the worst case scenario. He’s done so much good with the defense, while the players have remained relatively healthy that I’d like to see what the offense could do if it could just sustain an average amount of injuries. The season has been brutally disappointing but regardless of how you feel about the recent results, would this offense look nearly as bad if we had most of the offensive line in tact that opened the season and Rodgers behind center? The defense is being asked to do way to much because the offense cannot stay on the field. They’ve rarely been able to protect a lead. I can’t say for certain if saleh is a good or bad coach because the entire time he’s been here, he’s had the worst qb play in the NFL and has been missing key players along the o line. Blame who you want for Zach failing but unless you’re the 49ers, you’re likely going to be in a bad spot if you wiff on a highly drafted qb. We sold out for Rodgers and this staff, I don’t think you pull the plug on him until we see how 2024 shakes out. What’s done is done, I think you have to see it through the 2024 season.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A lot of them would look like geniuses with the talent we have on defense.

and how did that talent get here? 

i know you an others hate him but give credit where credit is due. he built this defense. developed Huff and Quincy. might have another one in Adams. 

55 minutes ago, doitny said:

and how did that talent get here? 

i know you an others hate him but give credit where credit is due. he built this defense. developed Huff and Quincy. might have another one in Adams. 

The talent got here due to JD.  Saleh and Ulbrich have both done a good job with the defense but I hardly think they're irreplaceable.   Right now, I think I could live with Saleh coming back for 1 more "prove it" year as long as the team doesn't quit down the stretch.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

JD is the bigger problem than Saleh.

The thing with JD is that he has drafted well, imo. And I think he's also improved at it over the start of his tenure.

As far as this year, I think he felt he was over a barrel at QB and so he did whatever he could to try to placate AR8.  That explains Lazard, Cobb, Turner, etc.  If he and Saleh do end up getting another year, though, they're both completely out of excuses.  We need to be a playoff team.  

I am not sure Saleh is an issue or not.

On one hand he could be the one telling JD he is fine with the current roster.  

On the other he is doing the best with what he has.

Unfortunately, we do not know right now.  I think he gets another year and hopefully the Jets bolster the OL correctly this time.

3 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I am not sure Saleh is an issue or not.

On one hand he could be the one telling JD he is fine with the current roster.  

On the other he is doing the best with what he has.

Unfortunately, we do not know right now.  I think he gets another year and hopefully the Jets bolster the OL correctly this time.

This is not meant to be a criticism of Saleh/Ulbrich (who have done well with our defense) but I think a lot of DCs could probably have done just as good of a job as they've done with the talent we have.

As far as offense, I'm sure both JD and Saleh are not happy with what we have on that side of the ball.  The OL is a disaster again and we have only 1 legit WR.  I think Zach has been scapegoated this season but he's also made some bad decisions and does deserve some of the blame too.   If AR8 comes back, it'll be interesting to see how he plays with this crappy supporting cast.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2023 at 11:53 AM, bitonti said:

This is the league right now you hire a guy who knows one side of the ball for hc and a coordinator for the other side 

Who are these Hcs that manage both at the same time? They don't exist 

Should they have hired an offensive coach? That's a different question. But even the highest paid hc in the league specialize 

And Saleh is among the lowest paid so we get what we paid for 

For me, its not so much "OC vs. DC", its the constant penalties, coming out slow to start the game, playing poorly coming off the bye, etc. I don't expect Saleh to be McVay, but the team always seems unprepared and undisciplined. How much of that is on the players vs. the staff? I don't know but I have to believe the coaching staff is responsibple for some of that. 

I chose 1 & 3.  He’ll remain HC Defense, full to the brim with all his trivial slogans that have lost all substance within the locker room while allowing Rodgers to assume HC Offense.

Rodgers becomes the defacto HC Jets and stays as the co-GM with a 50/50 chance the team turns on him by the end of the year.  Unless he delivers on his accountability message and corrects some of the personnel decisions he influenced this year.

If by miracle of miracles, this unorthodox structure works and the Jets at least make the playoffs, then the structure remains for an additional year.

Peace be with us!

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

For me, its not so much "OC vs. DC", its the constant penalties, coming out slow to start the game, playing poorly coming off the bye, etc. I don't expect Saleh to be McVay, but the team always seems unprepared and undisciplined. How much of that is on the players vs. the staff? I don't know but I have to believe the coaching staff is responsibple for some of that. 

when you have the league's worst QB situation, half the penalties are because the QB doesn't run the offense correctly and the other half is because the defense is pressing too hard

in reality alot of SB quality teams are among the league leader in penalties, Teams like KCC and LAR in their SB champ years were penalty machines. They over come it. 

it seems way worse on the Jets because we can't get a first down 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

when you have the league's worst QB situation, half the penalties are because the QB doesn't run the offense correctly and the other half is because the defense is pressing too hard

in reality alot of SB quality teams are among the league leader in penalties, Teams like KCC and LAR in their SB champ years were penalty machines. They over come it. 

Well to be fair the Chiefs lost an SB partly because of penalties. They had 8 in the first half.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is right. When Uzomah got that killer holding penalty in the Raiders game to wipe put Breece's TD run, you knew the Jets weren't getting in the end zone. Whereas, if that's KC, you know Mahomes is always capable of throwing a TD pass on the next play. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Hex said:

Well to be fair the Chiefs lost an SB partly because of penalties. They had 8 in the first half.

and last year they won the SB on a BS holding call in the EZ 

the league can and will call holding anytime it damn well pleases it's baked into the product at this point 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

and last year they won the SB on a BS holding call in the EZ 

the league can and will call holding anytime it damn well pleases it's baked into the product at this point 

They basically have to. And they can keep changing the rules all they want, it isn’t gonna fix the macros. The war in the trenches is over and the OL lost. Year after year there are way more elite athletes getting pumped into the talent pool on one side of the ball than the other. This imbalance was always going to hit a tipping point. The golden age of quarterbacks is over and there just aren’t enough to go around anymore to give conventional offense a chance in a fair fight.

• Upvote 1