Robert Saleh Poll

Should Robert Saleh Continue as HC of the NYJ?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robert Saleh Continue as HC of the NYJ?

• He is a slogan dependent pile of hot ignorant about Offense garbage and should be fired immediately
    • He should be fired at the conclusion of the season and only if a better candidate is available (meaning just about anyone)
    • He should be given 1 more season to see if he can win with Rodgers coordinating the offense
    • I'm OK with Robert Saleh and he should remain HC of the NYJ for many, many years

20 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

As much as Saleh pisses me off with his ideologies and I'm about ready to move on from him....the logical choice is to see what he can do with a healthy Rodgers, that's the bed we made, and from a financial standpoint we're stuck with Rodgers anyways

Also.....Saleh has had Zach Wilson as his QB for the duration of his time here.....maybe its different with a different QB

What if Saleh "wins" with Rodgers as starting QB and de fact OC? How much "winning" does Saleh need to do to keep his job? What happens when Rodgers retires after a season or two? Then we're stuck with the same offensive ignorant HC?  

• Sympathy 3

26 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What if Saleh "wins" with Rodgers as starting QB and de fact OC? How much "winning" does Saleh need to do to keep his job? What happens when Rodgers retires after a season or two? Then we're stuck with the same offensive ignorant HC?  

I think me and you both know the answer......we ultimately will delay the inevitable going down this path and we'll start yet another rebuild 1-2 years after when it was evident we needed one....

But again....this is the path that these 3(Woody, JD, Saleh) have chosen.....I'm by no means a Saleh apologist....if it we're up to me I'm cleaning house by season's end.....but we knew the risks when the Jets decided to chase Rodgers.....because the Football Gods smite us any chance they get we have to live through the worse case scenario in this plan....

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This season has solidified my feelings on Robert Saleh. Bottom line is he stinks. He has no inclination to become meaningfully involved with the offensive side of the team. A successful HC must put his stamp on the O, the D and the Special Teams. He is a glorified HC of the D and has demonstrated ad infinitum that he is clueless on the O side of the ball. He also has demonstrated that he lacks the ability to identify and hire excellent assistant coaches favoring friends and acquaintances over more qualified candidates. 

Literally just described Belichick.

• Haha 1

Saleh is a good defensive coach who has no business being a head coach in the NFL. 

If Rodgers comes back next year as an elite QB, he might be able to drag Saleh (and his 141 slogans for entrepreneurs) to the playoffs. If not, Saleh will get canned and probably end up with one of the lowest winning percentages in franchise history. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I think Saleh needs to go at the conclusion of the season if the losing continues. If the Jets have a worse record then 2022 thats damning evidence and be a completely justified firing. If Saleh can somehow right the ship slightly and get the team to end on a positive note I guess he gets 2024 with a playoff win mandate. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Literally just described Belichick.

Nope. BB is the reason the Patriots like to be run oriented. He gave Brady one pass happy season when undefeated and lost the SB. Every other year the Pats have run a BB dictated risk averse run oriented offense. Who do you think was behind the double TE Gronk/Hernandez O?

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Saleh is what he is a defensive head coach who runs a good defense 

I'm not going to be mad at this dude because he's not bill Walsh 

In fact Saleh is better at being a HC than Douglas is at being a gm 

You don't have to be Bill Walsh to be a good HC, but you damn better be able to hire good quality Offensive people, with the absolute most important part of that is being able to identify a quality QB. if you don't do that, IMO, you are a bad HC, no matter how good you are with the defense. I would argue the defense is more of a personnel attribute than scheme, since they generate huge pressure without blitzing, but at the end of the day, if you cannot get a quality offense together in this NFL, you are worthless as a HC

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Saleh is what he is a defensive head coach who runs a good defense 

I'm not going to be mad at this dude because he's not bill Walsh 

In fact Saleh is better at being a HC than Douglas is at being a gm 

Saleh is an amazing coordinator, but a terrible head coach. Everything that he does that a coordinator doesn't do he is awful at.

Personally, I am just about done with Saleh. He just doesn't seem to have "it" as a head coach.

A fine DC, and his players seem to love him, but he has never given me the impression that he is a great head coach - or that he can grow into being a great head coach.

Catchy slogans and motivational speeches can only take you so far - at some point, you have to outcoach the guy on the opposing sideline to win.

I fully expect the Jets to keep him next year, though.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

Saleh is an amazing coordinator, but a terrible head coach. Everything that he does that a coordinator doesn't do he is awful at.

This is the league right now you hire a guy who knows one side of the ball for hc and a coordinator for the other side 

Who are these Hcs that manage both at the same time? They don't exist 

Should they have hired an offensive coach? That's a different question. But even the highest paid hc in the league specialize 

And Saleh is among the lowest paid so we get what we paid for 

• Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You don't have to be Bill Walsh to be a good HC, but you damn better be able to hire good quality Offensive people, with the absolute most important part of that is being able to identify a quality QB. if you don't do that, IMO, you are a bad HC, no matter how good you are with the defense. I would argue the defense is more of a personnel attribute than scheme, since they generate huge pressure without blitzing, but at the end of the day, if you cannot get a quality offense together in this NFL, you are worthless as a HC

The Hackett hire came from above salehs pay grade as did the Aaron Rodgers trade and the Zach pick 

The job of the HC is to cook the meal, Joe Douglas is supplying spoiled groceries 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Hackett hire came from above salehs pay grade as did the Aaron Rodgers trade and the Zach pick 

The job of the HC is to cook the meal, Joe Douglas is supplying spoiled groceries 

The job of the HC is more than to cook the meal, its to hire the right coaching staff, and to be the CEO of the team. The HC needs to be able to help with personnel in a big way, particualrly when it comes to QB. Either directly, or with direct hires.

Saleh hired MLF, who hand picked Zach Wilson, I'd say thats a pretty big fail no matter how you slice it. JD sucks, but Saleh is every bit as bad as his job. They both have done a good job on the defensive side of the ball, and a God Awful job on the offensive side of the ball

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is the league right now you hire a guy who knows one side of the ball for hc and a coordinator for the other side 

Who are these Hcs that manage both at the same time? They don't exist 

Should they have hired an offensive coach? That's a different question. But even the highest paid hc in the league specialize 

And Saleh is among the lowest paid so we get what we paid for 

I'm not talking about managing the offensive side of the ball. And either way, it's clear Saleh is terrible at hiring coordinators for the offensive side, since they've always sucked. Players have regressed.

Either way, Saleh is terrible at clock management, players are all sloppy, and his press conferences are garbage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Bill Parcells benched Phil Simms for Scott Brunner.  Went with Glenn Foley over Vinny Testaverde.  Twice.  Traded for Rick Mirer and started him until we were out of playoff contention.  I just think he is a fat ******* blowhard, but apparently you think he was a bad coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1