Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sam Darnold was thrown to the wolves.  Zach Wilson was not.  He had a good enough OL, a QB-friendly MLF offensive system, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall and AVT, and a solid defense.  That's plenty. 

QBs get drafted high by awful teams that are much worse all the time, and quite a few of those QBs go on to succeed anyways.

Agreed.  The Jets have an absolutely fantastic supporting cast!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I never listen to the FAN anymore, but I turned it on to listen to Saleh, and left it on awhile longer. The biggest takeaway for me is this: why the **** is Robert Saleh texting Joe Beningo and why does Joe Beningo feel like it’s ok to share the content of those texts? Beningo shares that Saleh 1. Doesn’t like Zach, 2. Keeps a list of other coach’s records without their QB1, and 3. When Beningo texted Saleh that Zach gives him the best chance to win, Saleh replied, “Joe, are you kidding?” I know Francesa had personal relationships with Dolan, Parcells, Buck, etc, but even Francesa wouldn’t throw guys under the bus so explicitly. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sam Darnold was thrown to the wolves.  Zach Wilson was not.  He had a good enough OL, a QB-friendly MLF offensive system, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall and AVT, and a solid defense.  That's plenty. 

QBs get drafted high by awful teams that are much worse all the time, and quite a few of those QBs go on to succeed anyways.

He did not have Garrett Wilson or Breece Hall his rookie year.  He did not have a solid defense.  They were, quite literally, the worst defense in the NFL.  Despite all the BS we are hearing about the Jets O right now, they are not last in points or yardage.  The 2021 Jets D was worst in both.  After 2021, when he was actually thrown to the wolves, we were generally patient and ready for him to take a step up.  Instead, he got injured by the turf (guess he is in solid company there) sucked most of the year and continued bouncing swing passes and holding the ball for five seconds.  His improvement was so marginal as to be almost non-existent.  This year we literally celebrated that he could throw passes to the backs and take sacks rather than running backwards.  Getting thrown to the wolves wasn't his problem but he did not use that time to improve or get a feel for the speed of the game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Man, watching the way this is hitting in the media and the fanbase, the Jets should move quickly to deactivate Zach for the rest of the season and let him go back to Utah. They should not keep him around as a distraction, and as a living reminder of Douglas’ failure. The narrative has turned toward making Zach a sympathetic figure, and Douglas and Saleh are going to be shelled the longer Zach is moping around

They are ****ed for sure and they have 5 games to get through and 5 Mondays to get through.  We are in uncharted territories as Jets fans if you can believe that

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Man, watching the way this is hitting in the media and the fanbase, the Jets should move quickly to deactivate Zach for the rest of the season and let him go back to Utah. They should not keep him around as a distraction, and as a living reminder of Douglas’ failure. The narrative has turned toward making Zach a sympathetic figure, and Douglas and Saleh are going to be shelled the longer Zach is moping around

Tony-Howcouldthishappen.thumb.jpg.7bae4e427e320f44424d2400ce96f67b.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

The whole press conference was Saleh covering for him, pleading with him to take the ball, AND pleading TO him for his own sake for his career to change his mind.

Yeah, but also creating cover so that if Zach doesn’t, Jets can spin it as coaches decision. 

To your point, Zach really pulls this he’s done in the league.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I never listen to the FAN anymore, but I turned it on to listen to Saleh, and left it on awhile longer. The biggest takeaway for me is this: why the **** is Robert Saleh texting Joe Beningo and why does Joe Beningo feel like it’s ok to share the content of those texts? Beningo shares that Saleh 1. Doesn’t like Zach, 2. Keeps a list of other coach’s records without their QB1, and 3. When Beningo texted Saleh that Zach gives him the best chance to win, Saleh replied, “Joe, are you kidding?” I know Francesa had personal relationships with Dolan, Parcells, Buck, etc, but even Francesa wouldn’t throw guys under the bus so explicitly. 

Beningo is messy af for this 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I do wonder how this impacts Rodgers’ thinking. This is major clown shoes stuff, filled with leaks (including about him) and a very public humiliation on a Monday, meaning it’ll be in the news cycle for a week at least. 

Maybe Rodgers and Wilson will be the 2 to get JD and Saleh fired in 2024.

This is the GB crap on steroids and no winning 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Beningo is messy af for this 

I have to imagine Saleh identified Joe as the hot mess he could use for passive-aggressively “saying” through him what he won’t at the podium.

Otherwise, why keep messaging him?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh is a complete moron for taking part in this in the first place.  And he knows how passionate Joe B is.  Saleh has zero instincts.

Exactly why I think it’s intentional. Saleh is trying to find his way out with full pay. I don’t think he’s wanted to be here since last year when he was forced to start Zach.

Woody is masterful at creating a toxic mess. It’s bad, but still not as bad as it got with Rex and Idzik.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, but also creating cover so that if Zach doesn’t, Jets can spin it as coaches decision. 

To your point, Zach really pulls this he’s done in the league.

I think teams realize he was on the Jets and give him another chance. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly why I think it’s intentional. Saleh is trying to find his way out with full pay. I don’t think he’s wanted to be here since last year when he was forced to start Zach.

Woody is masterful at creating a toxic mess. It’s bad, but still not as bad as it got with Rex and Idzik.

I hope not and if so kick the GM too

JD the fat rat bastard should not be selecting another HC. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lol, he has AVT.....like you only need one good offensive lineman......a guy that plays 3 games a year. 

G. Wilson is great. The other pass targets could be cut and wouldn't be picked up. That's awful support for a young QB.

Zach sucks but he was given very little to work with you are just too accustomed to an offense with zero talent that you get so excited when they finally have 2 or 3 good players..... lead by an all time horrible offensive coordinator.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The Jets are the best at crashing and burning like no other. I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t enjoy this. Make all the scumbags (JD, Salad and Woody) feel uncomfortable. Total implosion is what we desperately need 

We're certainly not entertaining on the field.  At least we're entertaining off it though.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

This is what happens when Woody Johnson owns your team. 

Y’all can keep crying about woody and posting that self meme of him in the chain all y’all like but he is not going nowhere!

Wasted energy we need to be aiming at JD and hoping that Wood will stumble on a good replacement 

• Upvote 1