Report: Jets Agree to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason

JetNation

16 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

If we get any asset on top of clearing the cap space I'll be one happy fella.  

He is due a signing bonus at training camp.  I am sure there is some pompous ass that thinks he can fix him, but for $5 Million, I can't see them trading for him.  

That said, maybe if the new team lets him play his back yard style of play, maybe he can be productive.

2025 7th round pick swap is fine by me.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

But all the armchair ZW lifers have been swearing Wilson “puts in the work” and that “football is important to him”.

Zach Knoblauch is a more mobile version of Ryan Leaf.

The fact that they were telling us how hard Zach works and his dedication actually makes it worse. 

He tries so hard and is STILL as bad as 2 guys that literally didn't give a sh*t and were both substance abusing drunks that wound up doing time? Really? THATS your argument??

• Haha 2

I'm thinking Raiders for Zach he lives near there maybe he'd do better in that environment that he's just not a NY type of person. He wouldn't be the only pro athlete who did poorly in NY and played better somewhere else.  But we don't know what other orgs think about him. Teams that were interested 3 years ago can get him on the cheap. If ZW plays well the next 5 games and there's no reason to think he will but if he does his value goes way up. I don't think if he plays well any way Jets hold onto him even if further health problems with AR. 

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The fact that they were telling us how hard Zach works and his dedication actually makes it worse. 

He tries so hard and is STILL as bad as 2 guys that literally didn't give a sh*t and were both substance abusing drunks that wound up doing time? Really? THATS your argument??

Zach - 21tds 25ints 59%

Johnny Football- 7tds 7ints 57%

😆

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm thinking Raiders for Zach he lives near there maybe he'd do better in that environment that he's just not a NY type of person. He wouldn't be the only pro athlete who did poorly in NY and played better somewhere else.  But we don't know what other orgs think about him. Teams that were interested 3 years ago can get him on the cheap. If ZW plays well the next 5 games and there's no reason to think he will but if he does his value goes way up. I don't think if he plays well any way Jets hold onto him even if further health problems with AR. 

Maybe they do Davante Adams for Zach?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach - 21tds 25ints 59%

Johnny Football- 7tds 7ints 57%

😆

Oh yeah. I was only thinking of Leaf and JaMarcus. So Wilson by attrition and negligent coaching has slightly better numbers than another guy who was a drunk a hole. 

Solid work, Zach. Solid work...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh yeah. I was only thinking of Leaf and JaMarcus. So Wilson by attrition and negligent coaching has slightly better numbers than another guy who was a drunk a hole. 

Solid work, Zach. Solid work...

I think Zach would play better hammered, call me an Optimus but I do! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

JD is a terrible GM, terrible evaluator of talent.  

He’s not the only guy making decisions here. Scouts, other personnel factor in an overall pick/trade/FA signing. As bad as some additions have been, Jets added GW, Breece, AVT, Sauce, Quincy, MC2, Reed and others. Where he has failed terribly is at QB. 

• Upvote 1

If we were trading him why are we letting him play?   More bad tape in bad weather games isn’t going to improve his trade value.  Add in the Met life turf which sets up a potential major injury.   If I were trading him I would deactivate him.   

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

He’s not the only guy making decisions here. Scouts, other personnel factor in an overall pick/trade/FA signing. As bad as some additions have been, Jets added GW, Breece, AVT, Sauce, Quincy, MC2, Reed and others. Where he has failed terribly is at QB. 

Oline is perhaps worst in NFL, no QB, and only 1 WR who is above average…. like saying all is OK except the Hull of the ship.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

If we were trading him why are we letting him play?   More bad tape in bad weather games isn’t going to improve his trade value.  Add in the Met life turf which sets up a potential major injury.   If I were trading him I would deactivate him.   

Jet's are not trading him....just nonsense....

• Sympathy 2

15 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Because it isn't delusion for starters.

EVERY year there is a QB that people think sucks, and every year one gets traded. 

Will a team give up a 1st?  Of course not.  But someone will probably take a flyer on the kid to see if he is salvageable. 

You known what is delusional? Defending this franchise 

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The reason Lance fetched anything of value was because of a lack of information. There is so much overwhelming data on Wilson at this point. It's really hard to fathom he's worth anything straight up.

The blind spot in the data is 1 Jets Drive. This organization is so bad at developing QBs that the bad data may be more questionable than usual.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

All it takes is one “greater fool”

Happy North Carolina GIF by Carolina Panthers

The difference between Darnold and Wilson is that there was still some semblance of probability left that Darnold could be a starter in the near future. He had a wonky and really odd sophomore year that actually wasn't that bad with numbers (aside from the mono) significantly better than Wilson's after a promising rookie year. I think the entire league also seems to look at Darnold's demeanor and overall personality favorably as well.

Aside from Wilson's numbers being about as bad as anyone that's literally ever started for three seasons, he's undergone multiple benchings in favor of guys that can't even stay afloat in the league. Again, there is so much data at this point to overwhelmingly conclude that he can't start and shouldn't be starting anytime in the near future. 

Maybe Steve Young and the BYU brigade can sell someone on the stupidity of it all, but in the unlikely event that happens it's likely some sort of conditional late rounder. The Jets would have been better off just cutting him because the embarrassment of this charade isn't worth it.

3 hours ago, Ben Had said:

Jet's are not trading him....just nonsense....

I think you are right. Rodgers would step in and voice his displeasure.   Still, JD needs to sign a seasoned vet next year. We cant afford to let this happen again next year if Rodgers gets sidelined a few games. W\e have got to get to the playoffs next year.

19 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Though, he's deemed worthless to many at the moment why not give him these last few games, assuming with a let er rip, use his legs, green light, to prove himself otherwise after getting sideswiped by Dianna Russini... Would consider it a success if he proves some worth for himself personally or for team trade value or even, though unlikely now, as to what Rogers hoped he might become for the Jets future (IMO Patience needed there).

As a Jets fan I consider myself not delusional but maybe just optimistic as I'm fully on board and rooting for him to succeed! And if he fails, he can be cast aside in similar fashion as they did back in time with Geno... 

Delusions or in my case optimism may becoming reality, at least for one game. If it continues?

BTW, noticed Rodgers wearing the headset and speaking into the mike on the sidelines... hmmn