National rhetoric around Zachs victimhood

Jet hustle

6 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t believe it was the Jets fault. My take on Zach is that he has all the tools to be a very good NFL QB. His problem is in his head. Yesterday, and perhaps for the remainder of the season, he may be relaxed enough to play his best football. However I think he thinks too much and it slows down his processing. 

he may have all the tools but the one that matters the most is between his ears and he simply don't have it there.  Also, he got away with playing hero ball yesterday and it worked... now may games has it not worked; thus, the box. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet he’s had 2 low round, day 3 picks playing along with Becton playing.  GW was the NFL OROY as a WR.  Breece might have won it as a RB if he didn’t get injured.  The world views this team as a playoff team, a solid contender if JD had hit with their pick at QB.  All with a roster loaded with young players, a roster loade with players JD drafted.

Loaded is a stretch. Becton will not be on the roster next year. The depth at OL, RB, and WR is pretty poor. The defense is excellent. 

Just now, AZSOJ said:

he may have all the tools but the one that matters the most is between his ears and he simply don't have it there.  Also, he got away with playing hero ball yesterday and it worked... now may games has it not worked; thus, the box. 

Sorry misread your quote

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Two quick replies:

1. A person who claims they are hearing things directly from "people in the league" are, in fact, self-proclaimed insiders.  The vast majority of us normal folks here don't know or personally associate with or hear things from, "people in the league".

2. Respectfully, I do with you what I do with any online self-professed insider.  Nothing.  I treat you, and everything you say, as pure opinion, just like I treat anyone else.  I've been around enough folks in my own career to know most so-called insiders....simply aren't.  They might be employees, functionaries, even players, or they knows folks by some friend or familial extension, but they're not truly privy to the real facts, the real inside sources, the real decision making as it's happening.  

Facts demand and require evidence.  Everything else is opinion, no matter how gussied it it may be presented.

But who knows, maybe you're Joe Douglas.  It's always possible.  IF so, good luck Joe, you clearly have alot of work to fix this ship, and while I'd fire you, clearly Woody won't, so I wish you well.

Too many words to read. Thank you for attending my ted talk

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Loaded is a stretch. Becton will not be on the roster next year. The depth at OL, RB, and WR is pretty poor. The defense is excellent. 

Yet you see how skill positions can contribute when the ball is thrown properly.  They have Tes who can catch.  Add 1 wr and you’re ok.  

47 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

That’s where we are on the same exact page.

A sample of 1/2 game is not nearly enough.

4 games left to let Zach let it rip rather than checking it down.

Throw early & often.

Pass to set up the run.

More play action and pre-snap movement.

Play aggressively to get a lead rather than cautiously to avoid giving one up.

We’ll see.  I’m not betting on Zach but I am of the belief that he has already proven not to be a game manager or someone who can play hero ball.  So why not try what worked in the 2nd half?  

He basically did play hero ball in the second half. He just completed most of the high throws

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

we all seen Zach go up and down. but if we keep him for 2 years as backup to Rodgers and then give him the starting job in 2026 and he plays like he has been for the last 3 years then that would be Maddness. thats a B level organization.

if your the Jets you cant get that wrong again with the same player. 

its easy for us fans to do this, but not only are JD and Salehs jobs on the line, but there ability to ever be trusted with identifying a QB is too. it would be better for them to draft a new QB and have him struggle in 2026 then for Zach to struggle for the 10,000th time.

you know what happens here on out right?

we lose against Miami and Zach doesnt play good or bad. but its Miami so if you like Zach he gets a Pass..

vs Wash he plays good

vs Cleveland he struggles... but again its Cleveland and they have a really good defense.

and of course its evil Bill who owns Zach...

he doesnt have to play ay a high level to stay, and thats the scary part. the built in excuses are right there.

My comment really is predicated on Zach Wilson playing well.

If he doesn't play well then the discussion is of course moot.

The real issue emerges, if Zach has turned the corner as a player and then is a "Top 10" QB, I don't believe that you move off of him in that circumstance just because you might look foolish; either you know what you are doing or you do not.

And it is precisely the lack of a coherent development plan that has us in this quandary. 

I was along with many other posters out here, someone who wanted a quality backup QB in here, like Gardner Minshew, folks laughed, well it isn't so funny now because if there had been a quality backup then the Jets would have probably gone to the playoffs this year and last.

So I do not subscribe to the notion that the Jets should act out of fear, but rather I am asking that they have a plan other than just cutting players or trading them so that they can appease a guy whom they have under contract and whose butt better be ready to go if they say so!

Why are we appeasing an underperforming player?

I don't get it! :( 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They don’t have a lot of players on both O & D that JDs drafted?  
I have no idea what they’re doing with Becton.  That leave a 4th round OL who’s getting playing time.  A 2nd round pick starting at C and playing well.  AVT is a very good G when he’s on the field.  A T that may or may not be in their plans.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

They don’t have a lot of players on both O & D that JDs drafted?  
I have no idea what they’re doing with Becton.  That leave a 4th round OL who’s getting playing time.  A 2nd round pick starting at C and playing well.  AVT is a very good G when he’s on the field.  A T that may or may not be in their plans.  

On offense not really. Becton won’t be back. AVT is always hurt. Mims and Moore were busts. Carter and Perine same thing. Mitchell will likely be a backup which is fine. Those are a bunch of misses.

As with both Saleh and Wilson, everyone appears to be overvaluing 1 game(really 1 half) and discounting a whole mess of bad over the last 3 seasons. Texans might have thought this was a gimme game, poor conditions, early game time for a team coming east. And really for the 1st time all season the defense got to play with a lead in the 2nd half, allowing them to pin their ears back. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Interesting...you would think he would say "Not true at all" Zach is a Jet" Sort of thing. but nope. Guess too much is up in the air right now.

Sounds like the rumor is true.  We are such a dumb organization.  Watch us drive this kid away and have to watch him flourish elsewhere.  It would totally serve us right.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Seems like everyone is blaming the Jets Org for Zach sucking for the past 3 years.  Just a  bizarre take if you have actually watched him play.  Even Rex Ryan is going hard on this Hot Take.   It's just perplexing to me

Well there is some truth to that. We have never given him adequate game plans or any modern concepts of offense to scheme open players or take advantage of other teams weaknessess since being here.

That is a fact. 

Also a fact he was not ready to start day one and nothing wrong with that. He finally put it together year 3 in KC. Able to actually see players and hit passes instead of only late throws or missing completely.

Since his game clicked, we have given him consistently bad plays, except for a couple drivesand even then riddles with stupid calls.

Anyway the org has a chance to make things right, keep the kid, keep playing good football with a good play calling (Rodgers probably telling Hackett) and let him get another year behind Rodger next year and then start right after. He is a 15 year starter for us. 

I'm team Zach 

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

On offense not really. Becton won’t be back. AVT is always hurt. Mims and Moore were busts. Carter and Perine same thing. Mitchell will likely be a backup which is fine. Those are a bunch of misses.

I'd argue Becton, AVT, Moore and Carter all have talent in line with their draft status and that's what we pay JD to identify. Moore was traded for a high draft pick after we got to use him for 2 years. Carter was claimed by multiple teams, the 2nd overall team was the one who got him. That seems to imply those teams value the player on his current contract as well.

Idk how much I can hold injury against Douglas. 

I'd rather knock him for clear talent deficiencies (like the OL or backup QB coming into year)

There’s no rhetoric. The kid has played 30+ games and actually looked good for maybe 20 full quarters of football, and that feels like a lot.

Nobody should get hoodwinked by Zach’s game yesterday, as impressive as it was for him. If he plays this way through the end of the year, we can start a conversation 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sounds like the rumor is true.  We are such a dumb organization.  Watch us drive this kid away and have to watch him flourish elsewhere.  It would totally serve us right.  

Just like we worried with Sanchez, Geno and Darnold? If Wilson has a modicum of success in 8 years like Geno had had with Seattle, I can stomach that. But that’ll mean he revamps his entire personality and work ethic like Geno did, not sure that’ll happen. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Interesting...you would think he would say "Not true at all" Zach is a Jet" Sort of thing. but nope. Guess too much is up in the air right now.

And this why I will continue to say that the Jets organization acts like a joke or a B level Franchise!

How in the world are the Jets telling a player who has UNDERPERFORMED & WHO IS UNDER CONTRACT that they will trade him in the off-season?

Love Zach or Hate Him, this is just stupid!

STUPID!!!!

Again, why are the Jets appeasing an underperforming Player?

Do what is BEST for the team, Zach has made MILLIONS here, what are we talking about!!!!:(  

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

And this why I will continue to say that the Jets organization acts like a joke or a B level Franchise!

How in the world are the Jets telling a player who has UNDERPERFORMED & WHO IS UNDER CONTRACT that they will trade him in the off-season?

STUPID!!!!

Do what is BEST for the team, Zach has made MILLIONS here, what are we talking about!!!!:(  

Bc either Zach has leverage with the Jets or thinks he does.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Bc either Zach has leverage with the Jets or thinks he does.

You maybe right, and that is EXACTLY the problem right there....

Zach Wilson, based on his play on the field, should have 0 leverage on a team that has paid him MILLIONS and for whom his services are contracted for an additional year!

ZERO LEVERAGE!!!

:( 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You maybe right, and that is EXACTLY the problem right there....

Zach Wilson, based on his play on the field, should have 0 leverage on a team that has paid him MILLIONS and for whom his services are contracted for an additional year!

ZERO LEVERAGE!!!

:( 

You would think, but not everything is a meritocracy

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

STUPID!!!!

They’re appeasing him by trading him?

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

This is my stance as well.

I did find this intetesting: Offensive offsides is such a rare flag. So rare in fact, that the last one to happen to the Chiefs was 1995 lol this was only called 3 times last season.

Heard a little bit of a conversation this afternoon between Bart Scott and Chris canty

both said typically the wr will look over at the side judge and if the wr is too far over the judge will motion

possible toney never looked over?

either way chiefs need to stop - they look foolish

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

This is my stance as well.

I did find this intetesting: Offensive offsides is such a rare flag. So rare in fact, that the last one to happen to the Chiefs was 1995 lol this was only called 3 times last season.

Called 11 times this season, and was apparently a "Point of Emphasis" for the refs in Pre-Season. Teams were informed to stop coaching that "Technique"... of being "Offsides". Look at how some of the O-Lines and OT's are lining up nowadays, guys are 3 yards off the ball in a pre-snap pocket. LOL. That'll be next years "Point of emphasis", along with Illegal Man Downfield. 

Anyway, isn't this a Zach Wilson thread?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Heard a little bit of a conversation this afternoon between Bart Scott and Chris canty

both said typically the wr will look over at the side judge and if the wr is too far over the judge will motion

possible toney never looked over?

either way chiefs need to stop - they look foolish

Kadarious Toney has no Brain. He is indeed... Insane in the Membrane.