Last game of the year

batman10023

Let's assume it's not "win and lots of help" playoff scenario for us.

The Pats and Cardinals continue losing.

Does Bellicheat tank the game to get the second overall pick?  or does he stick it to the Jets at the expense of draft position.

I would think it's a really good game for us to see what our youngsters and practice squad players can do - with an eye on the future.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

On the contrary, if there is even a whiff of truth to his unwillingly leaving NE, he seems like this kinda guy who'd rather crush us, and screw the Pats, on his way out.

End of the day, the Jets can only control what the Jets do.  The rest will be what it will be.  Anxiety about the Pats getting one of the top QB's in a bit early IMO.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

On the contrary, if there is even a whiff of truth to his unwillingly leaving NE, he seems like this kinda guy who'd rather crush us, and screw the Pats, on his way out.

End of the day, the Jets can only control what the Jets do.  The rest will be what it will be.  Anxiety about the Pats getting one of the top QB's in a bit early IMO.

hard to see them not in the top 3 picks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Does Bellicheat tank the game to get the second overall pick?  or does he stick it to the Jets at the expense of draft position.

I would think it's a really good game for us to see what our youngsters and practice squad players can do - with an eye on the future.

Not for nothing but there is reason to believe the patsies could finish with a better record than the jets.  The bellichicken will not go out losing to the jets if he can avoid it.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Why would Belichick of all people (a guy who is famous for playing his starters in meaningless games and trying to win preseason games) tank for the next coach's benefit? And against the Jets of all teams?

In what could possibly be his last game as HC of the NEP....Bill Belichick would rather die than lose to the Jets

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, rangerous said:

Not for nothing but there is reason to believe the patsies could finish with a better record than the jets.  The bellichicken will not go out losing to the jets if he can avoid it.

the pats are playing chiefs broncos, bills and the Jets

which three games are they winning?

20 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Why in the world would he 'tank' for a top QB when he very well may not be on the Patriots next year. 

Regardless, he is NOT losing to the Jets on purpose. EVER. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

the pats are playing chiefs broncos, bills and the Jets

which three games are they winning?

I think I’m more concerned about which games the jets will win.  I believe the patsies only have to win two and if they beat the jets for a second time they will finish higher in the standings.

20 hours ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

I thought he was leaving the pats* after this year?

No way he tanks against the Jets if it’s his last time.

Solving world hunger could be on the line and he would not pass up a shot at humiliating the Jets.

• Upvote 1

Belichick wouldn't tank no matter what.  

If we lose this weekend, it's over and I'm hoping for L's.  If we win, then there's a real chance of us winning out.  Rodgers back and going up against the awful Commanders, Flacco and the Browns, and the awful Patriots.  

I'm hoping for a win this weekend, but if we don't, we need to embrace the tank and ensure we pick high enough for one of Alt, Fashanu, Bowers or Nabers.  Top-3 is out of the question at this point.  

I can't see Bellicheck taking the loss to help out the team that's kicking him to the curb. I can actually see Belichick wanting to stick it to the Pats more than to the Jets. Whichever outcome hurts the Pats the most, is the path he will follow.

For this reason, Belli will do all he can to beat the Jets, sticking it to the Pats, the team he hates the most, all the while sticking it to the Jets, the team he now hates second most, with another humiliating loss to end the season.

Beating the Jets is a win-win for him.

On 12/14/2023 at 3:00 PM, batman10023 said:

Belichick wants to win to get closer to the record he is chasing on a personal level.

He won't care about the Patriots since that will be his last game there.

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2023 at 3:00 PM, batman10023 said:

Won’t matter if game means something, because jets will play rodgers. And beat them. We know Zach’s horrible history vs pats, bellichick history of taking advantage of young confused qbs.

On 12/14/2023 at 1:00 PM, batman10023 said:

If Belichick is truly leaving the patriots after this year, then he wants to go out with a win over the Jets. And, he doesn’t give a crap what draft pick he leaves the patriots stuck with.