There isn't a QB who ever played the game that could succeed behind this line

Flashlite80

8 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

If you watched the first half today, there is nothing left to say.

Fire Joe D and before he builds the fifth iteration of the worst line in the league.

We literally saw it last week. It's just game plan, coaching and discipline. 

We were unprepared today and it shows.

Zach again was not the problem. The jets need to fire Hackett but they won't. They want him next year for rodgers.thsts probably the right thing to do because this season is lost. If you were going to do the right thing and fire him it would have been long ago. No need to now

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Oline looked equally as bad last year and then when competent QBs entered the game, they looked better.

Translation: They do suck but Zach holds the ball too long and doesnt physically move in the right directions when sensing pressure -- making them look worse than they really are. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Barton said:

Oline looked equally as bad last year and then when competent QBs entered the game, they looked better.

Translation: They do suck but Zach holds the ball too long and doesnt physically move in the right directions when sensing pressure -- making them look worse than they really are. 

Come on.  The OL was a complete disaster.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, shuler82 said:

There are reasons to fire JD.  Not having starting quality 7th string guards and tackles isn’t one of them. Two years in a row the line has been demolished by injuries.

I want Saleh gone.  And it makes no sense to fire Saleh but have JD hire a HC while on a lame duck contract.  How many quality HC's would want the job in such a situation?

• Sympathy 1

And Hackett compounds it as the NFL’s worst OC not only this season but last season. 

Fangio like almost every DC took Hackett behind the woodshed and then some. 

Hackett’s play calls are minuscule in number and creativity compared to his counterpart across the field today. And other good modern OC. 

Hackett’s tendencies are obviously glaring to any competent DC. 

• Upvote 3

The OL isn’t an independent unit. Whoever is playing QB has a huge impact impact on them. Zach and his absolute lack of ability to play the QB position is a big reason for the OL struggles.

It’s not the only reason and their individual abilities aren’t helping, but Zach is a huge contributor here. The guy can’t read a defense and diagnose a rush/coverage to save his life 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Yes, this OL is very underrated. Becton is way better than he looked not blocking the guy right in front of him today.

Not exactly what I was saying. If you don’t think that a competent QB changes how the OL plays then I don’t know what to tell you

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Not exactly what I was saying. If you don’t think that a competent QB changes how the OL plays then I don’t know what to tell you

Changes? Helps maybe? Yes. Rescues? NO. This OL has guys that don't block the guy directly in front of them. That's not pre snap, signals, etc. That's lack of ability, period.

• Upvote 3