If the Jets lose to the Commanders…

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

After watching Tommy Cutlets outperform and achieve the cult hero status he imagined for Zach, I think even Woody is ready to move on from Team Wilson.

I think Woody is ready to move on from Saleh as all of these teams on their 3rd or 4th QB have produced and won some games. That comes down to coaching.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I think that changes Woodys mind and fires everyone or at least Saleh. Calling it now. Lock it in. Despite Mr Rodgers support  

Especially if offense can’t score a TD again.

This isn’t an unreasonable take, but I personally don’t think it would make sense unless they either extend JD (which most fans would be unhappy about) or fire them both.

I can’t see them allowing Douglas to hire a new HC unless his status is secure. (which it shouldn’t be)

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think it depends on how they lose.  If they come with the same effort as last week then saleh really needs to be launched.  It will be clear the team has tuned him out.  They may still lose it they can at least make a game of it.

“Making a game of it” against the Commanders is about as low a bar as there is though, don’t you think?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

“Making a game of it” against the Commanders is about as low a bar as there is though, don’t you think?

They’ve played a few low bar teams this year with limited results.  The thing is, even the worst nfl team is way better than the best college team so we’ll see if the jets can beat a team like Alabama or Ohio st or fsu.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We always mess it up.

Yea well there is no way to prevent players from playing to win. They have tape on the line which means contracts which means money. Coaches have the same at stake. Tanking is a made up thing by fans. The only way you tank is by stripping a roster of talent. But once the players step on the field they are playing to win. 

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I think that changes Woodys mind and fires everyone or at least Saleh. Calling it now. Lock it in. Despite Mr Rodgers support  

why?

Woody rarely makes impulsive decisions like that. His decisions are bad, but not knee jerk over reactions.

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Here is my fear:

We somehow wind up with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

The Bears (with the Panthers pick) take Caleb Williams.  The OBVIOUS choice is Drake Maye.  Do we pull the trigger?  Do we trade the pick for a BOATLOAD of picks, move down in the draft, and pick whatever OT is available not named Joe Alt?  

I don't like any of how this could play out. 

If this is the scenario you’re afraid of I wish you the best of luck with handling whatever the Jets’ actual circumstances end up being.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think Saleh negotiated a free pass a few weeks ago when they put Zach back in after the benching. Team Zach got their wish to be traded after the season, Saleh got a clean slate, Douglas placated Woody by getting Zach back out there, and they’ll go into next year with largely the same bunch. They’ll sacrifice a position coach and maybe Keith Carter to appease the locker room, but that’ll be it.

Well at least can some angry player take a dump on Hackett's headset?  That would be a start.

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Here is my fear:

The Bears (with the Panthers pick) take Caleb Williams.  The OBVIOUS choice is Drake Maye.  Do we pull the trigger?  Do we trade the pick for a BOATLOAD of picks, move down in the draft, and pick whatever OT is available not named Joe Alt?  

Imo If we can somehow get to 2 we are drafting Alt or Harrison or Fashanu depending on what we do in FA. Most likely it's Alt. Maybe they can trade down 1 or 2 picks and still get any of those players. 

Bears traded a 3rd and 2 4ths to move up 1 spot for Trubusky years ago. 

I don't think they'll draft a QB unless it's a late round pick. Everyone gets a mulligan this year and it's an unpopular opinion but I think Zach is also in that group. I don't believe the Morman news. If u see Zach start any of the final 2 games to me that indicates he'll he back, why start him he could win and cause us to drop a few picks. Coaching staff will be back, they can tank by playing Simian, which they can do since they're safe. 

2nd overall isn't happening. 

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea well there is no way to prevent players from playing to win. They have tape on the line which means contracts which means money. Coaches have the same at stake. Tanking is a made up thing by fans. The only way you tank is by stripping a roster of talent. But once the players step on the field they are playing to win. 

This late in the season, the exception is when the coach gets the order from up above to take a look at the young guys. [wink]

TB did that to get Jameis.  Philly pulled Hurts.  There are others too.  We should have kept Boyle.

46 minutes ago, Jigsaw89 said:

Imo If we can somehow get to 2 we are drafting Alt or Harrison or Fashanu depending on what we do in FA. Most likely it's Alt. Maybe they can trade down 1 or 2 picks and still get any of those players. 

Bears traded a 3rd and 2 4ths to move up 1 spot for Trubusky years ago. 

I don't think they'll draft a QB unless it's a late round pick. Everyone gets a mulligan this year and it's an unpopular opinion but I think Zach is also in that group. I don't believe the Morman news. If u see Zach start any of the final 2 games to me that indicates he'll he back, why start him he could win and cause us to drop a few picks. Coaching staff will be back, they can tank by playing Simian, which they can do since they're safe. 

2nd overall isn't happening. 

We are still mathematically in play for the 1st overall pick, so the 2nd is still in play.

And the pick SHOULD be Maye.  That is the problem. 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I’m over this staff. I’m over JD’s fat ass. I’m over it all. However, if we fire JD and RS, then who do we hire? I’m over bringing in unknown commodities and defensive coordinators. 

My pick would be Jon Gruden. 

You can say anything you want about Orlovsky's gigantic ears, Jimmy Durante's nose, but don't dare say DeMaurice Smith has big lips.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The only way you tank is by stripping a roster of talent.

Yes, like the time the Jags management benched Minshew. Or like the time Pederson took most of his starters off the field vs the Giants 

Others do it. We’re too incompetent to do it as well. ANYBODY quasi- injured shouldn’t be playing tomorrow. If JD and the gang are all told that they’re back, they should be playing all of their youngsters. Vets gain nothing, tape wise. You really think Dalvin Cook needs to have more tape? But he will tomorrow.

think of me when he runs up the gut for 2 yards tomorrow.
We win by losing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Here is my fear:

Seems like you are worried about nothing - both NE and Arizona would have to suddenly win 2 of their last 3 for this to be even be possible. (And even then, I suspect we’d lose out on tiebreakers because of our strength of schedule)

The Cardinals play @Bears, @Eagles, and the Seahawks at home. Besides the Jets at home, the pats play @denver and @buffalo. 

Not happening. 

Pick 3 would be amazing. Especially if someone passes on Maye or Caleb after first two picks. 

Its going to be tight. Hopefully we can pick top 5.  

Giants are ahead of us and have the Eagles 2 x and the Rams.  3 tough games. Eagles are pissed. They will be tough to beat as they are playing for a bye. Rams are red hot and playing for a playoff spot.  They's have to beat teh Rams for us to take over pick 6.

Cards are 3-11 They have the Bears, Eagles and Seahawks.  Again, Eagles are pissed. Seahawks are playing for a playoff spot. hen they play the Bears so if they beat them, they go 4-13.  

Patsies are 3-11. They would have to beat us which is possible if Zach doesn't play. You just never know which Zach shows up.  They play the Broncos and the Bills, who will beat their brains in. They  would have to beat the Broncos and us to fall back to pick 5.  Possible. 

Washington is at 4-11. They have to beat us. Then they play the 49er's - loss & the Cowboys - loss.  Imperative they beat us Sunday.

Bears are currently 5-11 and in pick 4. they have the Cards, Falcons and Pack. All winnable games. They just need to win one and we need to lose out and we jump them. 

If we lose out, odds are we pick 4th or 5th. 

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Seems like you are worried about nothing - both NE and Arizona would have to suddenly win 2 of their last 3 for this to be even be possible. (And even then, I suspect we’d lose out on tiebreakers because of our strength of schedule)

The Cardinals play @Bears, @Eagles, and the Seahawks at home. Besides the Jets at home, the pats play @denver and @buffalo. 

Not happening. 

Then we have NOTHING to worry about!  

In all likelihood, if we lose out, we are probably picking in the 4-5 range.  

That will get as an OT.  It could also get us a bunch of picks if a QB slides.  I will say it again: IF we could pick Drake Maye, he should be the pick.  But I doubt we will do it.  

Yeah this staff has become insufferable... still make no sense to fire one of JD and saleh and not both... it just isnt gonna happen this year.

If you dont think Saleh is legit... and at this point I don't really think he is ... we are in a lose-lose.

ARod and the Jets are decent moving forward he stays 

The ARod experiment continues to fail and we get rid of GM and Coach but had to keep watching trashball.

58 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Then we have NOTHING to worry about!  

In all likelihood, if we lose out, we are probably picking in the 4-5 range.  

That will get as an OT.  It could also get us a bunch of picks if a QB slides.  I will say it again: IF we could pick Drake Maye, he should be the pick.  But I doubt we will do it.  

I'm one of the biggest rah rah guys for Drake Maye there is on this board, but we have no OL, and Rogers is our QB next year. I don't see JD getting all our OL in FA so some have to come from the draft. Even if Drake Maye were there at 4 or 5, and so are Alt or Fashanu, one of the LT's has to be the choice. It will break my heart, but I also think we're going to see Maye taken by the NE Pats, for another 10-12 years of torture....

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

I'm one of the biggest rah rah guys for Drake Maye there is on this board, but we have no OL, and Rogers is our QB next year. I don't see JD getting all our OL in FA so some have to come from the draft. Even if Drake Maye were there at 4 or 5, and so are Alt or Fashanu, one of the LT's has to be the choice. It will break my heart, but I also think we're going to see Maye taken by the NE Pats, for another 10-12 years of torture....

We are COMPLETELY on the same page.  The pick IS Maye.  One year of possibly Rodgers bringing us a Super Bowl, or 12 years of Drake Maye making us competitive.  I think he is that good.  But we have went down a rabbit hole with Rodgers I don't think we can escape from. 

So, you are also right that you have to take Alt.  The hope is if Rodgers doesn't get us a Super Bowl, we suck hard enough for the chance to draft a great QB in 2-3 years with our franchise LT still on his rookie deal. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

They’re purposely tanking this game starting Siemen, nobody is getting fired