****OFFICIAL JETS GAME DAY FLACCO V SALEH THREAD****

T0mShane

26 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Flacco will throw for another 300 yards passing and a couple touchdowns.

Browns 30 Jets 0

If so, then the Jets secondary has been vastly overrated. I see a defense dominated game all around with either team winning via turnover.

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saw one of the analytics nerds sim out the rest of the regular season and conclude that the Jets are most likely going to get the eight pick, but who knows

I wouldn't mind if he could also sim out 2024 so we can just move ahead to the 2025 season

• Haha 1

The difference between the Jets and the Browns is that Bill Callahan works for the Browns. It doesn’t matter how many of his OL get hurt, Callahan has an ability to find dudes to fill in capably. Hopefully the Jets recognize that their already weak OL is regressing under Keith Carter and make replacing him a priority. I mean, the dude asked Duane Brown to cut block Leonard Floyd in week one and it ended Rodgers’ year.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The difference between the Jets and the Browns is that Bill Callahan works for the Browns. It doesn’t matter how many of his OL get hurt, Callahan has an ability to find dudes to fill in capably. Hopefully the Jets recognize that their already weak OL is regressing under Keith Carter and make replacing him a priority. I mean, the dude asled Duane Brown to cut block Leonard Floyd in week one and it ended Rodgers’ year. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10102610-jets-robert-saleh-fully-expecting-oc-hackett-entire-coaching-staff-back-in-2024

image.png.24ce24b4cb1b083a8c817e76a0ae59f7.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The difference between the Jets and the Browns is that Bill Callahan works for the Browns. It doesn’t matter how many of his OL get hurt, Callahan has an ability to find dudes to fill in capably. Hopefully the Jets recognize that their already weak OL is regressing under Keith Carter and make replacing him a priority. I mean, the dude asked Duane Brown to cut block Leonard Floyd in week one and it ended Rodgers’ year.

It’s too bad Saleh already said he expects his entire coaching staff back.

He wouldn’t want to fire his buddy, Keith. That wouldn’t be very PVO of him. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Great post. They should have a list of 4-5 guys right now that they would love to have. Problem is, as usual with the Jets, is that our HC next year will be a dead man walking. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like the Jets tried to hire him. But somewhere between the Jets being a dumpster fire under Saleh or Callahan being a sharp guy, didn't happen. You can never really tell with the cheapskate Johnsons, what is reality and what they pretend is true. Making a half-assed inquiry or phone call is not the same thing as offering US currency and years. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Sounds like the Jets tried to hire him. But somewhere between the Jets being a dumpster fire under Saleh or Callahan being a sharp guy, didn't happen. You can never really tell with the cheapskate Johnsons, what is reality and what they pretend is true. Making a half-assed inquiry or phone call is not the same thing as offering US currency and years. 

Wasn’t Callahan here before?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

If so, then the Jets secondary has been vastly overrated. I see a defense dominated game all around with either team winning via turnover.

Cleveland D is a hot knife and the Jets OL is butter. I expect the Cleveland D to set up some short fields for that beastly man, Joe Flacco. Gonna be a rout.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Callahan worked here under Mangini and through years of Rex, but left after the 2011 season. IIRC, he had some unflattering things to say about working here. The Jets wanted to interview him for the OC job back in January 2023, but he signed an extension in Cleveland instead. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Anyone know if you can gets some kind of gambling line on Garrett vs. Becton? Sorta screams mismatch. Expect Jets to not have a TE next to Becton and instead run their offense like this oncoming disaster isn't gonna wreck their evening. 

All I see is minus odds for Garrett to record a sack or plus odds not got get a sack

i am far from an expert so others might no other ways

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Callahan worked here under Mangini and through years of Rex, but left after the 2011 season. IIRC, he had some unflattering things to say about working here. The Jets wanted to interview him for the OC job back in January 2023, but he signed an extension in Cleveland instead. 

Saleh would never hire him.  Perfect guy to take over during the season when Saleh gets canned next year. 

• Upvote 2