Jets worst 5 year stretch in NFL history

27 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

When you stop and think about it, how stupid are we to care so much about this god forsaken franchise? What’s wrong with us?

That is the question that unfortunately has no known answer. I wish there were an antidote. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

They brought him in, and then waited until every other available FA QB was signed with another team, to force the trade with Gutenkunst. Brilliant strategy. LOL

JD is not quite as dumb as Mac but he’s done a lot more damage. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

15.7 ppg just isn’t going to cut it.  They red to be around 24 ppg to be respectable.  This is mostly on saleh for not understanding offense.  He should never have been head coach.

If the defense doesn't allow points, 15.7 can win us a super bowl.

It’s the defenses fault we are losing.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Only further supported by how many of the responses in this thread alone are trying to divert the blame onto anyone but the actual one individual person who's been responsible for that entire stretch.

At this point, I'm just convinced there's no more to it other than some refusing to accept how wrong they were when JD got the completely undeserved love fest thrown at him early on, before he had actually done anything.

Yes.  I was cautiously optimistic about JD.  I remember saying/thinking  he did a nice job tearing things down, building up draft capital and staying patient with his plan.  But I also know I said/thought - that was the easy part and we'll see if he's capable of building.

What I think happened was - he had a plan.  Probably spoke with people he trusted that have been in the league for a long time and cultivated a long term plan.  He stuck to that plan - early on just cutting bait, trading away players and staying patient he did well and he seemed to be competent - that's what fooled me.  

But what happened was, once things stopped going exactly according to plan - he completely fell apart.  He was entirely unable to react and adapt.  The team began to struggle and then last off-season he had a complete and total meltdown.   Expecting him to regroup and figure this out is crazy.

He's not the guy.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

And they are bringing back everyone to appease Rodgers who is far on the downside.   It is going to get downright ugly next year if and when rodgers does not play like an all pro (which he won;t)

He won’t play like an all pro with this pathetic offense Joe Douglas has built. No gm in NFL has done a worse job on an offense in 5 years than Joe doughnuts. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He won’t play like an all pro with this pathetic offense Joe Douglas has built. No gm in NFL has done a worse job on an offense in 5 years than Joe doughnuts. 

Well the issue is that Rodgers is very much to blame for the disgusting offense.

His buddies, Lazard, Cobb, Tunrer, Boyle, he liked Dalvin Cook, his oc.  All of these moves influenced every bit of our off season strategy.

Douglas is to blame for making it more about Rodgers than the team.  Rodgers is just as much to blame for the trash players and coaches brought in here.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But what happened was, once things stopped going exactly according to plan -

It usually does, and what separates the leaders from the pretenders is what are you going to do now? JD assumed the fetal position. I've said it before, I've seen cokeheads make better decisions at 4 AM.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1