Jets coaching staff cost Breece a 1k yard season

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I really don't give a F about a guy not getting 1,000 yards rushing in a 17 game season. 

No one really does.  If it were up to me Breece wouldn't have played at all yesterday.  But given that they forcefed him the rock and he STILL came up a few yards short is really f**kin dumb.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I really don't give a F about a guy not getting 1,000 yards rushing in a 17 game season. 

That's not the point though.  This CS wanted it to happen but failed because they couldn't even get the small things right.  

38 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I think the players do.  It's still a recognized milestone.  Did you see the Commanders get the McLaurin the ball late in a blow out game to get him over 1,000?  I think they care for sure and in this particular situation, the Jets gave the kid the ball 50 ******* times a meaningless game but didnt at least give him a few more to get him over the mark and the reason is because their math guy, whatever and whoever the **** that is, cant do math?

This was the first thing I thought of when I heard Saleh talk about the mathematician error.  This CS is not on top of their sh-t.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/why-did-van-halen-demand-concert-venues-remove-brown-mms-from-the-menu-180982570/

Why Did Van Halen Demand Concert Venues Remove Brown M&M’s From the Menu?

image.png.2d72c057091d75ff6e936e0ba20914eb.png

What is this thread? In the fourth quarter, the Jets ran 14 offensive plays. 11 of them were Breece, including the final 7 plays which consisted of a 4th down play and what should have been a kneel down to close the season. Were they supposed to call a timeout in a blowout game with nothing on the line with 6 seconds left to give Breece a 40th touch? If he got hurt all of you mouth breathers would be bitching about it.  

I don't even like or care about anyone on the Jets front office or coaching staff, but the stupidity in this thread is next level. 

image.thumb.png.f987c9e81eeaca10ec46889aedaaa2fd.png

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So on brand that this team employs a “mathematician” that can’t math.

Shoulda hired this guy:

Sesame Street GIF

^^ Rodgers at his presser telling us what number he’ll wear

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's certainly capable.  But not an every down back.

go look at his yards, most big games were garbage time.  It's great having a home run hitter and he's surely that - but he's still incapable of getting tough yards, IMO that's what an every down back does best.

• Haha 1

They had to ease him in early in the season. sucks he didnt get the 1k but he still proved he has the potential to be one of the best backs in the game. People want to complain about the cook signing but he served his purpose early in the year. Breece made it through a full season and looked great at times. Him being at full strength is whats important. He'll more than make up for this year, next year.

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

What is this thread? In the fourth quarter, the Jets ran 14 offensive plays. 11 of them were Breece, including the final 7 plays which consisted of a 4th down play and what should have been a kneel down to close the season. Were they supposed to call a timeout in a blowout game with nothing on the line with 6 seconds left to give Breece a 40th touch? If he got hurt all of you mouth breathers would be bitching about it.  

I don't even like or care about anyone on the Jets front office or coaching staff, but the stupidity in this thread is next level. 

Yeah, I had the same thought.  What am I missing here?  Is Saleh trolling the media with the mathematician comment?

Breece played to the very end of the game.  He gained four yards on the last play of the game with 11 seconds left (a play that should have been a kneel down in victory formation).  It's not like they took him out after they thought he reached 1000 yards.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i mentioned this in the game thread as it was happening. they should have called time out and got breece another rep or 2

And then he blows a knee and the same people skewer Saleh and his staff, rightfully so

22 hours ago, maury77 said:

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, but this staff is just so damn dumb. 

I’m not reading the rest of this thread but my goodness what incompetent boobs they are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

WTF is even going on in this thread that it's still carrying on?  Is the stance that Saleh should have called a timeout with seconds on the clock in order to give Hall more carries?  I'm sure that would've been still supported when he tears an ACL or blows out a knee on that carry.

I had no idea 6 yards meant so much.  First it was ZW and now Hall, I have never seen anyone care so deeply about garbage time as some folks around here.

As if this team doesn't already do more than enough that is meaningfully awful all year long.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

I think the point is that the Jets finally start feeding the guy the ball in meaningless games, risking injury, but even when making this questionable decision, they screw up getting him a goal. Maybe he wouldn’t have achieved it anyway, but I sure wouldn’t have been talking about not knowing his yardage. Can you imagine if Hall had been hurt?

they only fed him because of the weather. if it was clear there was no way they would give him 37 carries.

why is everyone afraid of an injury on the last game of the year. the season starts in 8 months. im sure he would be fine by then

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

They only waited 18 weeks to figure out the offense needs to run thru Breece 

12 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

5 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

WTF is even going on in this thread that it's still carrying on?  Is the stance that Saleh should have called a timeout with seconds on the clock in order to give Hall more carries?  I'm sure that would've been still supported when he tears an ACL or blows out a knee on that carry.

I had no idea 6 yards meant so much.  First it was ZW and now Hall, I have never seen anyone care so deeply about garbage time as some folks around here.

As if this team doesn't already do more than enough that is meaningfully awful all year long.

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, neckdemon said:

they gave him like 40 carries.....i don't think they gave a sh*t about him blowing his knee

BS, everyone here would be freaking out if he did.  
Don’t kid yourself into thinking they wouldn’t or that just over 1,000 means a thing more than 995 etc. in today’s game.  That was a thing when it was a 12 or 14 game season, not a 17 game season

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

whats the point in admitting this

I'm still not entirely sure what they admitted.  Breece was force fed the ball all game long, and he played to the final snap (which was a 4 yard run for him and technically should have been a kneel down) with 12 seconds left in the game.

It honestly seems like Saleh is trolling the media with the mathematician comment.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

BS, everyone here would be freaking out if he did.  
Don’t kid yourself into thinking they wouldn’t or that just over 1,000 means a thing more than 995 etc. in today’s game.  That was a thing when it was a 12 or 14 game season, not a 17 game season

i'm talking about the coachin staff. they worked the sh*t out of him. blowing his knee out wasn't a concern. 1 get it, but itr was obvious it was in their thought process if saleh mentioned it. breaking 1,000 meant at least SOMETHING

On 1/7/2024 at 7:40 PM, maury77 said:

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, but this staff is just so damn dumb. 

So 9000 carries wasn't enough for you guys - geesh. He had more carries than he's ever had in his life and Jets fans are still complaining about it. 🤦‍♂️

38 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So 9000 carries wasn't enough for you guys - geesh. He had more carries than he's ever had in his life and Jets fans are still complaining about it. 🤦‍♂️

I want our imbecile head coach to STFU about it and not mention it. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/7/2024 at 7:55 PM, Lurker89 said:

How does this matter at all.... the dude is second for all purpose yards by a back this season at 1,585 👇

Screenshot_20240107-191949_Chrome.thumb.jpg.977db6277391658a233e9fb41356e3ef.jpg

4th overall  for all players behind McCaffery, Lamb, and Tyreek. 👇

Screenshot_20240107-195239_Chrome.thumb.jpg.220606fa69945ac36b0849d1a9108ceb.jpg

Could you imagine if our Offensvie Coordinator thought he might be useful the whole season?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Here is my only thought on Breece, 

He was #2 as a RB in total yards and he was CLEARLY like 80% recovered. Not unrealistic to think that next year at this time he could be considered the best RB in the NFL.

with teams having to respect our passing game next year with Rodgers at QB there is no limit as to how far Breece could go same goes for Garrett Wilson

8 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Like I said he had his last carry with 15 seconds left, there was 10 seconds on the clock after that run no way you call a time out there and give him another carry . The fans of this team are just as dumb as the organization itself

18 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i'm talking about the coachin staff. they worked the sh*t out of him. blowing his knee out wasn't a concern. 1 get it, but itr was obvious it was in their thought process if saleh mentioned it. breaking 1,000 meant at least SOMETHING

Are you seriously comparing carrys while trying to win a game in a downpour with padding someone’s stats for no real reason?