Garrett Wilson unloading on the Jets in his end of season media session

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

I mean, if this isn't an indictment on Hackett, Saleh, and Douglas,, I dont know what is...This guy is a star and we are lucky we have him on the team and this is what the jets are doing to him.

The whole regime should be gone today, instead, we are running it back and trying to convince ourselves things will be different next year.

This.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he lives rent free in your head

Oh shut the f**k up.  If someone wants to complain about the pu$$y ass # 2 overall pick who quit on the team while still being under contract they should be allowed to without this bullsh*t phrase you just used.  It’s not like he’s been off the team for years or something.  He’s still here and like Matt implied, more sh*t is coming out over the next several months where Zach’s proxies are gonna make him the victim at every turn.  

Dont like it?  Dont read it.  Simple as that.  This isn’t a dead horse by a long shot.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

While I understand the sentiment, Wilson should honestly focus on himself as there is a ton of room for improvement.  Between the drops, fumbles, and overall lack of production in contested situations, he didn't exactly have a great year either.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh shut the f**k up.  If someone wants to complain about the pu$$y ass # 2 overall pick who quit on the team while still being under contract they should be allowed to without this bullsh*t phrase you just used.  It’s not like he’s been off the team for years or something.  He’s still here and like Matt implied, more sh*t is coming out over the next several months where Zach’s proxies are gonna make him the victim at every turn.  

Dont like it?  Dont read it.  Simple as that.  This isn’t a dead horse by a long shot.  

I mean. He played a lot of games this season and played pretty terribly. He was the second overall pick. Is talking to the media too much to ask? Why is he still being protected? Batman is also a woody sycophant so don’t expect a real answer here.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

While I understand the sentiment, Wilson should honestly focus on himself as there is a ton of room for improvement.  Between the drops, fumbles, and overall lack of production in contested situations, he didn't exactly have a great year either.

As predictable as anything:  Jets fans starting to turn on Garrett Wilson.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

The talent is there.  The production is not.

I keep seeing the word "star" thrown around.  If you are being objective, he hasn't proven to be anything more than a low end #1 at this stage.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DoubleDown said:

I keep seeing the word "star" thrown around.  If you are being objective, he hasn't proven to be anything more than a low end #1 at this stage.

His splits with Zach Wilson vs other QBs is pretty stark. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is an excellent point that has gone overlooked.

GW has obvious ball security issues.

When he feels like taking a break from trashing the organization, he might want to focus on “what he can control”, which is addressing his own problem that has hurt the team on more than one occasion.

It would be cool if the Jets had a coach who could actually help make him better.

What i like about the quotes is that he’s not implicating any one person, it’s the entire outfit.  Coaches, qbs, strategy, blocking.  “Offense shouldn’t be that hard”. What a great quote.  
It's also telling that each year was a different OC. So it's not just calling out Hackett directly or indirectly.

I had thought initially when he talked about adjustments, he was referring to the change from AR8 to Zach where they took a long time to tailor things to the much more limited QB, but it's wider than this.

I would still have liked to have seen some mention of "I've got to work on the things I can change" somewhere in there. Thought that might have come up in a separate question / answer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course more sh*t is coming out.  The guys who got a free pass need scapegoats.  Zach is an easy target and he had the good sense to shoot himself off the team.  GW didn't take a shot at Zach.  GW wishes he would get traded or released.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sauce, Q 

We love to kill the few legitimate players on this team and we have dudes here that will kill somebody for saying anything about the latest overhyped Jets jag scrub like, Zach Wilson, Moore etc

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

who cares about zach's "proxies".  he's going to go somewhere else and be a backup or third string QB.

they had a plan for him to sit this year.   then 4 plays into the season they switched it up and made him play.  they should have gotten another QB and let the kid sit like they said.  

was he a bad pick?  of course.   but I don't think all the fault belongs to him.  But I don't think anyone is really disagreeing with him being bad.  so why not just move on.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

with the crappiest QBs possible and a #2 across from him who can't catch a ball or get separation?

he'd be a star with a halfway decent QB or a real #2.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

GW is a star. 

He can be.  He certainly hasn't been to date.

Like I said, he should focus on himself.  He has already said he's going to.  There are certainly things that can be cleaned up in his game.  If the Jets can get some consistent, competent quarterback play, he can probably be a decent #1.

95 receptions, 1042 yards, 3 TDs is not all that impressive for a player who missed virtually no time and was the only viable threat, and played on a team that was constantly playing from behind.

He’s contract extension eligible at the end of next season. We all know damn well he could have easily had much bigger seasons in a league average offense. Maybe he can’t take the losing or maybe he is seeing 5-10-15 mill+ in potential earnings disappearing with each poor game. He’s one season away from locking up a life changing contract. He should be pissed, he has top 5-10 potential but can’t reach those heights to no fault of his own.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

who cares about zach's "proxies".  he's going to go somewhere else and be a backup or third string QB.

they had a plan for him to sit this year.   then 4 plays into the season they switched it up and made him play.  they should have gotten another QB and let the kid sit like they said.  

was he a bad pick?  of course.   but I don't think all the fault belongs to him.  But I don't think anyone is really disagreeing with him being bad.  so why not just move on.

He was the worst bust in franchise history and he's going to badmouth the org as much as possible on the way out.  So, no, we won't be moving on.  Ignore the posts if you don't like it.

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean. He played a lot of games this season and played pretty terribly. He was the second overall pick. Is talking to the media too much to ask? Why is he still being protected? Batman is also a woody sycophant so don’t expect a real answer here.

He finally got the team to agree to trade him.  He's not about to air dirty laundry until the deal is done.

Just now, DoubleDown said:

95 receptions, 1042 yards, 3 TDs is not all that impressive for a player who missed virtually no time and was the only viable threat, and played on a team that was constantly playing from behind.

I think having 95 catches and over 1,00 yards in THIS offense, catching passes from THESE QBs is hella impressive, tbh. 

He certainly has things to work on (ball security being the big one). No argument there. 

BUT if Rodgers is healthy next year and can still throw that patented back shoulder fade . . . watch out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

He can be.  He certainly hasn't been to date.

Like I said, he should focus on himself.  He has already said he's going to.  There are certainly things that can be cleaned up in his game.  If the Jets can get some consistent, competent quarterback play, he can probably be a decent #1.

For the most part this offense can only hit him on short slant and out routes. His ypc is poor because this offense can’t utilize him in the intermediate and deep routes.

The trend of once prized players hating the organization is beyond troubling.

Jamal, Mekhi, Zach, and now Garett. Huff wants out, Sauce seems sullen, Lazard benched, Pete Kendall wants an extra million.

The Jets are toxic.

EDIT: and Elijah Moore

• Upvote 2

Hackett is actually worse than Payton said he was, but guess what?  We are running it all back next year becasue Aaron Rodgers thinks Hackett is funny and makes him laugh. 

If Garrett or anyone else wants change to this team they need to go directly to Rodgers and skip the middle men.  And no I am not joking at all.