It begins: Davante Adams flirting with the Jets on Twitter

6 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Raiders are not getting a 1st for Davante. Stop it. Nor are they paying him with no QB to throw to him. They will trade him as surely as JD takes a tackle in round one.

It’s going to cost a lot more than a first to get D Adams .   Raiders are eating a

of money trading him .   They trade him, he’s going to be used to move up to get their Qb.   ( that’s the only way he’s getting traded)     Raiders are just a couple pieces away .   This isn’t any rebuild job.     Need a Dt( top Fa ) and top cb ( draft).  That’s it on defense .  Malcom koonce has established himself the starter opposite Crosby ( light came on.  Tyree Wilson was always going to take a year .( play very well Dt) 

Raiders will get a Qb to compete with A O’Connell.( with the right system you can win with him).   Adam Gase had his fingers all over the offense when A Pierce was named the coach .   Why I’m leery of Ap getting the job - you must do better than A Gase. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Jets need to go all in. Boom or bust. You can’t half a** this tenure with Rodgers. Max everything out and surround him with talent. Period. 

I absolutely agree.  Whether people like it or not or want to poke fun at it or or, this current Jets team has a window of approximately 2 more seasons and they need to maximize it as much as they can.  I’m not in favor of completely mortgaging the future, but if they can get Adams for a 2nd rounder in one of the next few drafts, they absolutely should do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Huff and a 4th?

Malcolm Koonce is B Huff . ( one more year before he’s unrestricted Fa)   He finished with *8 sacks ( had four sacks taken away due to penalty)   Since Antonio Pierce took over he’s been a monster , and established himself as the legitimate De starter opposite Max Crosby .  ( finally put it all together as speed and bend was always there)  The Raiders have to pay Malcolm Koonce this offseason . With Tyree Wilson ( always was going to take him a year - was effective playing Dt.  And Janarius Robinson   

Raiders don’t need Huff as they have a lot money tied up in De position already.    Time to get big Fa Dt .   Add big Fa Dt to go with their young Dts and than you have something special.        Cb room    Need number 1 cb opposite Jack Jones . . Nate Hobbs is one better nickel cbs.  

• Haha 1

I’m at the point after all these years - it makes zero difference. Bad ownership bad leadership- this team will forever suck. 

yeah- sure, whatever- bring him in don’t bring him. 🥱

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Yes, let's encourage Joe Dogass to trade a first for a 31 year old WR to really turn this team around. I'm sure that will work out well and not have any long term consequences.

He’s probably not worth a first anymore. Statistics show that WRers start falling off around his age. Probably done by age 33-34 at best. He still passes the eyeball test but I think a more realistic cost is a 2 and 3 / 2 and 4. It helps that the raiders are going with a new staff so acquiring resources will be key for them. New staff will have no allegiance to him so they’ll likely be willing to take the best offer if they decide to unload adams.

31 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I absolutely agree.  Whether people like it or not or want to poke fun at it or or, this current Jets team has a window of approximately 2 more seasons and they need to maximize it as much as they can.  I’m not in favor of completely mortgaging the future, but if they can get Adams for a 2nd rounder in one of the next few drafts, they absolutely should do it.

Doubt they trade for adams.  Saleh gave us the answer to that by pumping up Lazard b/c he’s under contract.  FA is about finding a quality tackle and a cheaper wr.  Douglas likes to fill all the spots before the draft so he isn’t cornered into taking a position though it’s clear he has to take a tackle in round 1. Assuming huff is dealt for a day 2 pick, and assuming the jets either stay at 10 and take fuaga or trade back and take a tackle (not Latham, i woudl be surprised if they take a guy that slow footed with weight concerns again, same goes for mims), then to me the biggest question mark is, what do they do at qb?  I predict they don’t sign anyone prior to the draft and may surprise by taking a guy on day 2. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Max out the credit cards, gamble and then file bankruptcy before rebuilding. That’s literally the only logical strategy at this point, which is why they should have never went down this road. 

If it gives the Jets a Championship, I would be more than ok with that.

Jets fans have been watching the Keystone Cops for 50+ years, what's another 50 years of football follies.

• Upvote 2

I want Adams but I don't want it to cost our 1st this year. Without our 2nd the path becomes a lil difficult.....

But with this clown regime having their backs against the wall I fully expect them to mortgage the future for 2024......also, its probably needed TBH

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For Evans I question if he wants to leave TB. He's played there his whole career.

He couldn't get a deal done before the season and already said he plans on testing his value in the market........if he finds a place that's competing for a chip that will pay him what he wants I believe he'll go. We have the parts that would interest him, I'm just not sure if there's enough cap gymnastics to make it work....

48 minutes ago, extmenace said:

He’s probably not worth a first anymore. Statistics show that WRers start falling off around his age. Probably done by age 33-34 at best. He still passes the eyeball test but I think a more realistic cost is a 2 and 3 / 2 and 4. It helps that the raiders are going with a new staff so acquiring resources will be key for them. New staff will have no allegiance to him so they’ll likely be willing to take the best offer if they decide to unload adams.

D Adams is still one of the best Wr in the game . He’s one best route runners , as speed was never his game. ( when top route runner you have longer career than guy who relies on just speed)    Raiders have top five talent at the skill positions .  Just Jimmy G was done, and you were forced to start a rookie 4th rounder Qb .   Everyone numbers are going to be effected .      
The Raiders aren’t given D Adams away .   It’s probably going to take more than a first to get him.    Might use him as trade bait to move up for their Qb.    That’s it because you aren’t eating all that money trading him.          Jets are so desperate , they are going to pay whatever price the Raiders ask for.   If not he will be a Raider . 

with emergence of Tre Tucker at wr.  Hunter Renfrow will be cut .   When J Gruden gets the Saints job he might trade for Hunter.( Derek Carr security blanket) 

• Haha 1

It means his new higher jersey number will be a lot closer the average number a punts he has per game.
He should have got GW's #17 in that case.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Will Devante Adams fix our WR group the same way Dalvin Cook fixed our RB group?

But this time it'll cost multiple times what Cook cost, in salary and picks to acquire?

Hey, maybe they'll trade the 2025 #1, #2 and #3, they're just picks right?  Who needs those when we're "ALL IN WITH RODGERS 2024".

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Doubt they trade for adams.  Saleh gave us the answer to that by pumping up Lazard b/c he’s under contract.  FA is about finding a quality tackle and a cheaper wr.  Douglas likes to fill all the spots before the draft so he isn’t cornered into taking a position though it’s clear he has to take a tackle in round 1. Assuming huff is dealt for a day 2 pick, and assuming the jets either stay at 10 and take fuaga or trade back and take a tackle (not Latham, i woudl be surprised if they take a guy that slow footed with weight concerns again, same goes for mims), then to me the biggest question mark is, what do they do at qb?  I predict they don’t sign anyone prior to the draft and may surprise by taking a guy on day 2. 

Eh, Saleh also said that adding another dynamic playmaker to take pressure off of GW was “really important” 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:Will Devante Adams fix our WR group the same way Dalvin Cook fixed our RB group?But this time it'll cost multiple times what Cook cost, in salary and picks to acquire?

Hey, maybe they'll trade the 2025 #1, #2 and #3, they're just picks right?  Who needs those when we're "ALL IN WITH RODGERS 2024".

Raiders have been linked to Justin Fields .If the compensation not right , the Raiders are going to go after one top qbs in this draft.   It’s going to be expensive  to get that guy.   You going to have part with three number 1’s at the very least and probably more .         Knowing that why a team might take 2025 draft picks , that they normally wouldn’t be interested in doing.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders have been linked to Justin Fields .If the compensation not right , the Raiders are going to go after one top qbs in this draft.   It’s going to be expensive  to get that guy.   You going to have part with three number 1’s at the very least and probably more .         Knowing that why a team might take 2025 draft picks , that they normally wouldn’t be interested in doing.

Three?  How about 5?  Maybe 7?

Yup, 7x #1 picks, surely.  

Where do we sign?  All in on Rodgers!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

On the surface I say why tarde assets for Adams when we can get Evans in FA.

BUT..... Adams obviously would love to play again with Rodgers. Just has to be a deal that makes sense for both sides.

For Evans I question if he wants to leave TB. He's played there his whole career. They're a playoff team even with Baker. So I think he resigns there. Same as I see CIN somehow keeping Higgins.

Meaning our only option to make a significant upgrade at WR as of now would be trading foe Adams or using the 10th pick on a guy.

maybe we can swamp first rounders with raiders and throw our 3rd rounder  for adams.  that models out to a mid second round pick.

• Upvote 2

I find it interesting that we are going two pages on a thread about Garrett Wilson taking his college number so that Davante Adams can take the #17 that he wore in Green Bay.  Meanwhile, Adams twitter handle is @tae15adams  15 is the number he wore in college that was retired at San Jose State.  Are we worried about giving up Tebow's number?  I mean Chris Steveler was worth, but is Davante Adams? 

Lol gotta love how split everyone is on everything in this fan base right now.... 

We have no idea what it would take roght now but it isn't a first if it is no thanks. But yeah if its a mid pick whatever.... 

Viable options

Draft Oline in the first and pay Tee on a 3 year front loaded deal so th third year is cheaper when it's time to pay GWill... but im sure 80% of people hate that plan

Or

Draft WR at 10 hopefully Nabers or Odunze and pay for vet OL in the FA.... but im sure 80% of people hate that plan.