Pats and Belli part ways.

5 minutes ago, Barton said:

And vrabel slides right in. Unreal their luck. 

You make your own luck in life. Kraft reached out to Vrabel and told him to force his way out. Vrabel’s agent let ownership know who fired him instead of wasting time in a compensation war and lose traction on a replacement.

15 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I'm seriously disgusted with how good organizations are run. Someone wake me up when it's over. I can see Vrabel taking over no doubt. Would shock me if he isn't the choice.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kraft potentially had an open mind about keeping BB so long as he changed the structure a little bit (e.g. had a GM pick the players while BB coached) but once Vrabel got fired, he saw his chance to get his next long-term HC of the NEP.  It will truly be an excellent choice for them if it happens (and I expect it to).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kraft potentially had an open mind about keeping BB so long as he changed the structure a little bit (e.g. had a GM pick the players while BB coached) but once Vrabel got fired, he saw his chance to get his next long-term HC of the NEP.  It will truly be an excellent choice for them if it happens (and I expect it to).

Or didn’t have his family on the staff

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The guy won 6 SBs with the Pats after spitting on the Jets on his way out the door here.  Beating him in his last game of a 4-13 season really means that much?

I take what we can, you’d prefer 16 straight losses? Yes, he’s an icon, f*ck him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The good news is that, for the next 20 years, we can relish beating the Pats 17-3 in BB's final game there.

Yes we can. I’m thrilled we beat them and he stormed off the field rather than be carried off. Also the stupid streak is over and we don’t have hear it anymore. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

I take what we can, you’d prefer 16 straight losses? Yes, he’s an icon, f*ck him.

We still finished 1-15 against him.  Plus they have a better draft pick while we have a worse one.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I don’t understand all the Vrabel love , what has he done other than suck less than all the other Belichick disciples? Let them have him , one Brady left they were and will be just another team . 

He has a winning record as a HC in 6 years.  He inherited Marriotta and figured out a way to cover up for Tannehill and got a few playoff runs.   Having winning seasons in the NFL with second tier QB's and an over all winning record is unusual.  

28 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

You make your own luck in life. Kraft reached out to Vrabel and told him to force his way out. Vrabel’s agent let ownership know who fired him instead of wasting time in a compensation war and lose traction on a replacement.

Not sure Shefter thinks Mayo is still the favorite to land the job.  

• Upvote 1