Pats and Belli part ways.

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Last 2 years:

Mike Vrabel 13-21

Robert Saleh 14-20

Career:

Mike Vrabel 56-48; 2 division crowns; 3 playoff births; 2-3 playoff record (with Ryan Tannehill as his QB1)

Robert Saleh 14-20; 2 last place division finishes; 1 second to last division finish bolstered by an utterly unimpressive 4-14 intra division record.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Career:

Mike Vrabel 56-48; 2 division crowns; 3 playoff births; 2-3 playoff record (with Ryan Tannehill as his QB1)

Robert Saleh 14-20; 2 last place division finishes; 1 second to last division finish bolstered by an utterly unimpressive 4-14 intra division record.

What have you done for me lately though

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FOX finally, mercifully takes Terry Bradshaw out behind the barn and Carroll takes that seat, where he’ll be awesome.

I actually think Carroll would be better for College Gameday where it's more lively and fun. The FOX and CBS studio sets are so brutal.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Career:

If Vrabel is so great, why did he fall off so dramatically after 3 years of success?  

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

oh woe with me. the Pats might get Vrabel. They are gonna trade up and get Caleb Williams 

Here is a newsflash. 

Caleb Williams is not going to be this Mahomes in Madden on Steroids QB. This dude has diva written all over him. 

F him.

F Kraft

F the Pats

This is my take as well , Pats are just another team now , with a 90 year old owner who’s going to interfere to try and stay relevant, way more concerned about Miami and Buffalo at this point . 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If Vrabel is so great, why did he fall off so dramatically after 3 years of success?  

Titans also played in a terrible division. Saleh did a better job than Vrabel the last 2 years . That’s right I said it . I’ll duck now .

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 2

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Can’t wait to see Vrabel develop their new QB! I’m sure he’s going to do great

This is one reason I think if we actually made a play for Vrabel we’d be able to get him. He doesn’t want to deal with developing a rookie QB. 

You have Rodgers for probably 3 more seasons and a defense loaded with talent. This roster is win-now with a really good coach.

16 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Titans also played in a terrible division. Saleh did a better job than Vrabel the last 2 years . That’s right I said it . I’ll duck now .

He also had a much less talented roster than Saleh and pretty much produced the same results. 

58 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I don't tie my value as human being into the fortunes of my favorite football team.

I can be happy in small doses.

You can be happy about sending Belichick packing with a loss and not happy about the team's overall performance.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Go outside and touch grass.

Can I smoke it????😂

21 minutes ago, Jolot said:

This is my take as well , Pats are just another team now , with a 90 year old owner who’s going to interfere to try and stay relevant, way more concerned about Miami and Buffalo at this point . 

Yes.  We have Woody.  No one worries about us.  

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Last 2 years:

Mike Vrabel 13-21

Robert Saleh 14-20

one coached a team where the GM gutted the roster for a rebuild

the other just coached a team that supposedly was going all-in

you are nuts if you wouldn't trade saleh for vrabel in a heartbeat

• Upvote 1

Belli might decide to go the way of Saban and just retire from coaching which is a 24/7 occupation. And enjoy life, travel, etc. But one location he might go to if he decides to carry on could be the Commanders. He is from the DC area, his father was a long time coach at the Naval Academy. It could be attractive to him. And I think if he takes a job he might try to make a deal where his son takes over as HC after he departs. Just speculation on my part who knows. 

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

GM gutted the roster starting with the AJ Brown trade and it was all downhill from there.

this the new GM traded away key parts of that roster and there were obviously on different sides 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I'm seriously disgusted with how good organizations are run. Someone wake me up when it's over. I can see Vrabel taking over no doubt. Would shock me if he isn't the choice.

Vrabel probably asked to be fired knowing all of this was going down .No doubt in my mind Kraft made a call NO DOUBT

The New England patriots job sucks. There's no talent and you have impossible expectations. I don't see any high profile coach wanting to dive into that mess when potentially the Eagles job opens up in a week, and the Chargers job is available. 

38 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

There is a reason the Titans spent a draft pick on Malik Willis and Will Levis.  

Tanny was pretty good his first two seasons.  Then he reverted to his Phin days.  Good with a penchant for picks.

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

What have you done for me lately though

That is unfortunately the state of our reality. But I would note that they were 7-3 in 2022 before Tannehill was injured, and they switched to a rookie QB during the 2023 season. I would also note that with Tannehill back under they beat division rival Jax to keep Jax out of the playoffs in the final week of the season. I would have given him more time to transition to a new QB before I passed final judgment.

54 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Started 7-3 in 2022.  Then Tannehill got injured. In 2023 he switched to a rookie QB. You gotta give a HC some time when the QB position is in transition.

25 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Belli might decide to go the way of Saban and just retire from coaching which is a 24/7 occupation. And enjoy life, travel, etc...

No chance. He is 15 wins away from the all-time record. He will coach until he gets the record or die trying. 

• Sympathy 1