Colts Owner Jim Irsay was Narcan'd In December

6 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Since Jim Irsay took over in 1995, the Colts have compiled a 258-191 regular season record. The 258 wins are the fourth-most in the NFL over that time frame. The team has won 10 division titles, made the playoffs 18 times, appeared in two Super Bowls and won Super Bowl XLI.

Another indictment of the Jets ownership. This drug addled cretin can effectively run a team in between comas while the Jets clown car goes off a cliff on an annual basis.

Peyton Manning made ownership competence irrelevant 

• Sympathy 1

I keep wanting to make more money hoping that happiness lies on the other side, but addiction and sadness are immune to money. I hope he can get the help he needs. When you are that wealthy and being surrounded by yes men will mean his "bottom" is lower than most. I wish him well. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

The guy has a serious addiction problem which doesn’t seem that funny to me. 

I'm reading and struggling to find the humor in this...is this real or a joke? The people on this site have tons of sympathy when a player gets hurt and is out  for the season but the jokes are overflowing when a person overdoses? 

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

For example, the ultra-rich, ultra-successful talk show host Rush Limbaugh was an admitted long time opioid addict.

Addition is very easy to fall into if one is not ultra-careful.  Especially opioids.  It's not a rich man/poor man thing.

Isnt it a rich v poor thing when looking at fatalities when the fentanyl coming to the U.S. from overseas is killing Americans in record numbers?

I doubt upper middle and beyond are buying the more dangerous junk drugs on the street.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Isnt it a rich v poor thing when the fentanyl coming to the U.S. from overseas is killing Americans in record numbers?

I doubt upper middle and beyond are buying the dangerous junk drugs on the street.

unfortunately young people from upper middle class neighborhoods head to the hood for street drugs more than you might think. It isnt sold in their area and if their regular dealer is out and the need is great enough there is no limit to what a junkie will do to get their fix. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

unfortunately young people from upper middle class neighborhoods head to the hood for street drugs more than you might think. It isnt sold in their area and if their regular dealer is out and the need is great enough there is no limit to what a junkie will do to get their fix. 

Fair enough but I doubt Irsay and the people in his economic strata are getting the more dangerous street garbage.

Not that pharma grade oxy isnt dangerous its just that the street stuff dosage content is wholely unpredictable and as such more deadly.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yup. The problem is that the "old school" opiates like Oxy and even heroin respond quickly and well to Naloxone (Narcan). Used to be a standard starting dose of .02 mg of Narcan and titrate as needed.

Fentanyl is a SYNTHETIC opioid and does NOT respond well to Narcan. I've had to admin over 10mg to get someone breathing again because of that stuff... from .02 to 10. That's massive. And sometimes,  even that much just doesn't work...

Scary sh*t.

You are my gigantic monstrous knight in shining armor! 

22 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

fentenayl/dirty sh*t is one of the reasons why I have the unpopular opinion that it should all be legalized and regulated.

• More Ugh 1

28 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Isnt it a rich v poor thing when looking at fatalities when the fentanyl coming to the U.S. from overseas is killing Americans in record numbers?

I doubt upper middle and beyond are buying the more dangerous junk drugs on the street.

Michael K Williams comes to mind immediately.  Wealthy actor whose connection was basically a street dealer.  When you desperately need something in a pinch, you are not that picky where it comes from.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

To be clear, I think we're conflating two separate-but-related issues together.

My comment was specific to the ease of finding oneself addicted to drugs, specifically opiod-based drugs.

It was not in any way a comment on the quality, or route of accessibility, of the specific drugs each economic class has.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

To be clear, I think we're conflating two separate-but-related issues together.

My comment was specific to the ease of finding oneself addicted to drugs, specifically opiod-based drugs.

It was not in any way a comment on the quality, or route of accessibility, of the specific drugs each economic class has.

Not to mention Indiana is a hotbed for opioid addiction and meth as well. 

You drive US70 through the state, especially around Indy, you should see all the billboards for substance abuse centers. It's crazy. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yup. The problem is that the "old school" opiates like Oxy and even heroin respond quickly and well to Naloxone (Narcan). Used to be a standard starting dose of .02 mg of Narcan and titrate as needed.

Fentanyl is a SYNTHETIC opioid and does NOT respond well to Narcan. I've had to admin over 10mg to get someone breathing again because of that stuff... from .02 to 10. That's massive. And sometimes,  even that much just doesn't work...

Scary sh*t.

Just as scary... The infiltration of Fentanyl could be stopped if the political will was there.  But it isn't

54 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Wow, you criticise people for a lack of respect for the situation and then refer to people with drug addictions as 'junkies'. Amazing!

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Just as scary... The infiltration of Fentanyl could be stopped if the political will was there.  But it isn't

Just like the "political will" failed to stop every illicit substance that's come before this, and will fail to stop every illicit drug that will come after.

Addition is a medical/mental health issue.  Not a criminal issue.  

And we're veering VERY close to the "no politics' rule here, so maybe we should focus on policy and the OP, and not politics, eh.

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't pretend to know, or understand, everyone else's personal pain or mental illness.

Empathy is, I think, the better response.  Being rich doesn't make one not human, fallible to all of our human flaws.

Keep in mind my friend, to many in this world, you and I are also "very very rich" by their standards, and while I won't speak for you, I too am "killing myself", albeit with food and alcohol, not drugs.  

It’s a choice we make, period, love you Brother. 

• Upvote 2