McCarthy not fired

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

No...No..No... its all woodys fault. if he would have fired Salah 3 weeks ago McCarthy would have seen that and told Jerry to F off he was going to the Jets.

Yep, because the Jets are so much more appealing of a job than the Cowboys!

Tim And Eric Idk GIF

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yep, because the Jets are so much more appealing of a job than the Cowboys!

Tim And Eric Idk GIF

i was being sarcastic to the people who started the thread where they think he would come here if we fired Saleh. 

no good HC is coming here

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, August said:

They don’t have a QB that can carry a team. It’s not the coaches fault 

not in the playoffs they dont.  two interceptions and should have been a third.  dak is almost tony romo-like. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

not in the playoffs they dont.  two interceptions and should have been a third.  dak is almost tony romo-like. 

They need to either find that guy or build a stacked roster ala 49ers. 

4 hours ago, doitny said:

i was being sarcastic to the people who started the thread where they think he would come here if we fired Saleh. 

Ah, haha. Now it's funnier that I responded with sarcasm as well, lol.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re never going to come close to winning anything and they’ll have to fire McCarthy next year anyway, but sure

Not sure how you can say this, the team has been 12-5 three straight years and are a very good team playing at a high but like a lot of teams consistent level.

People are slobbering over Bellichick who may very well be totally past the modern game.

McCarthy is hated by many for some reason and yet has a better resume than guys loved around the league it's bizarre.

Step one be good enough to make the playoffs or win your division, step two hope you are playing your best come playoff time.

The day a team like the Jets get to 12-5 and are top 3 in offense the coach will be going to Canton in our eyes.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure how you can say this, the team has been 12-5 three straight years and are a very good team playing at a high but like a lot of teams consistent level.

People are slobbering over Bellichick who may very well be totally past the modern game.

McCarthy is hated by many for some reason and yet has a better resume than guys loved around the league it's bizarre.

Step one be good enough to make the playoffs or win your division, step two hope you are playing your best come playoff time.

The day a team like the Jets get to 12-5 and are top 3 in offense the coach will be going to Canton in our eyes.

You often see people claiming a good coach or player will never win a Superbowl. It's especially weird when they do it with a coach who actually has already.

Football is a funny game with a lot of variance and things that can go wrong. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You often see people claiming a good coach or player will never win a Superbowl. It's especially weird when they do it with a coach who actually has already.

Football is a funny game with a lot of variance and things that can go wrong. 

They beat the Mike Smith Falcons and the Caleb Hainie-led Bears to get to that Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They beat the Mike Smith Falcons and the Caleb Hainie-led Bears to get to that Super Bowl.

So does it still count or . . . ?

Where do I sign for the Jets getting to a SB in a down year for the AFC? 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re never going to come close to winning anything and they’ll have to fire McCarthy next year anyway, but sure

That’s probably true, but that’s mostly because the owner is infatuated with Dak and is under the false impression that he’s elite. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, doitny said:

Why? Woody is a patient owner , spends money on players and we have a QB. I’ve read that statement over and over and it makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sign me up for the Jets having a top ten quarterback the way McCarthy has coasted on for his whole career

The same argument can be made for any number of good coaches.

As has been documented, McCarthy and Payton have almost identical resumes - the primary difference being that Rodgers developed in McCarthy’s offense while Brees had already made a pro bowl before being paired with Payton. 

• Upvote 1

Jets fans who want McCarthy should be thrilled by this.  We were never going to make a change this offseason, so our only shot of getting him is another failed Saleh year along with another early Cowboys playoff exit.  If things play out that way, I'd imagine he'll be one of the favorites next offseason.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Jerry Jones obviously called Belichick this week asked what it would take to come here. Belichick said full control and Jerry Jones hung up.

i'm 100% sure this happened

• Upvote 1