RB Dalvin Cook added to Ravens Active Roster; How much does he help Baltimore this weekend?

How much does RB Dalvin Cook help Baltimore this weekend?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How much does RB Dalvin Cook help Baltimore this weekend?

• No impact - Barely plays, maybe a couple touches for insignificant yards. Nobody really notices him.
    • Small role as rotational contributor - 5 or so touches and some low yardage to spell other RBs
    • Solid RB committee participant - 10+ touches, sharing the load with other RBs, 50 yards or more
    • Key part of the offense - On the field for 50% or more of snaps, approaches 100 yards and maybe a TD
    • Focal point - 20+ touches, is one of the top 2 yardage gainers on the Raven's offense, he scores. He's what everyone talks about after the game.

4 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Obviously John Harbaugh can’t evaluate talent, I heard from many reliable sources that Cook is washed and shouldn’t be on an NFL roster.

He is washed but the Ravens picked him up for pennies on the dollar and if he can contribute a few carries as a goal line/short yardage back it will be a good signing. Signing him for $8 million while Alan Lazard was our #2 WR was stupid AF.

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He is washed but the Ravens picked him up for pennies on the dollar and if he can contribute a few carries as a goal line/short yardage back it will be a good signing. Signing him for $8 million while Alan Lazard was our #2 WR was stupid AF.

Just a joke, don’t get your panties in a wad.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No option for he fumbles deep in Baltimore's territory, plus after he whiffs on a blitz Jackson has to leave the game early, and the Ravens lose?

Funny though, I think he is activated and Gordon waived due to Gordon fumbling all the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Obviously John Harbaugh can’t evaluate talent, I heard from many reliable sources that Cook is washed and shouldn’t be on an NFL roster.

i mean he looked pretty crappy when he was here. he can probably still play and gain some yds at times. but he isn't gonna be some epiphany for the ravens.

• Upvote 1

cant wait to see what a competent offense does with him. This will be an eye opener either way, maybe he is washed maybe he is great. I think he has the talent and capable of much more than waht he did during the season. 

But ravens bout to prove it either way.

2 hours ago, Joejet said:

He had a few flashes for the Jets but was very underwhelming.

Once Breece Hall got going behind the same OLine and without much of a passing game it made it even more clear that Cook had lost a step IMO.  I think Cook showed he needs a good OL to do well.  Breece Hall showed he can actually make a bad OL look better than it is.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He had a few flashes for the Jets but was very underwhelming.

Once Breece Hall got going behind the same OLine and without much of a passing game it made it even more clear that Cook had lost a step IMO.  I think Cook showed he needs a good OL to do well.  Breece Hall showed he can actually make a bad OL look better than it is.

the advanced metrics showed exactly this prior to the Jets signing him. He was worst in the league (or close to it) in yards above expected per rush in 2022 which basically means he gets what the line gives him and no more. It was the exact reasoning people were giving for not signing him.

I say inbetween small role and solid committee. I don't think hes as bad as he looked here. He's always been a guy that needs to get going. I could see between 7-10 carries, maybe even getting a bump if he gets hot. The ravens RBs, hill and Gus Edwards are not like Breece where its obvious who should be getting the touches. He's just as good or maybe even the best RB on the roster. Im actually rooting for him. He didn't get what he signed up for here, hopefully he gets it going this weekend.

40 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the advanced metrics showed exactly this prior to the Jets signing him. He was worst in the league (or close to it) in yards above expected per rush in 2022 which basically means he gets what the line gives him and no more. It was the exact reasoning people were giving for not signing him.

Quick let Harbaugh know! 

Going to close this saying he had No Impact.

Healthy running backs including Gus Edwards, and even including garbage time where you’d expect Cook to get some carries, he did not do much.

Cook is clearly the RB3. We are now heading into the crux of the season. Harbaugh will rely on the guys who got him there.

Dalvin Cook does not look much different than he did with the Jets. 

IMG_9370.thumb.jpeg.d0241fc04edb898faaca251212d31730.jpeg