Why didn’t Todd Bowles Bowles call a time out: MERGED

19 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

4th down at the 33, 36 seconds left, one time out. Call a timeout, force Lions to punt or try a 50+ yard FG. Chances are they punt and not risk a blocked FG. You’d still get about 25+ seconds against prevent D. Couple of short sideline passes and you could have possibly 2 shots at Hail Mary if all goes as planned. 

Why wave the white flag in a playoff game? If this was week 6, I’d understand you don’t wanna risk unnecessary injury for a shot at a miracle, but this is the playoffs. 

What is TB going to do with the time out? Use it in the off-season? If I was a Tampa Bay fan, I’d be livid. 

8F86DFB8-76D9-4D8D-BACB-9435389B6CCF.jpeg

They had a TO and didn't use it?!  That's crazy if so.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I saw they had a t.o. but i assumed the down meant they could run out the clock regardless, if that is not the case then bowles is a bigger bonehead than i thought.

No, they took a knee on 3rd down. Would’ve been 4th down. See the pic, shows them taking a knee on 3rd down. 1 timeout still remaining with about 35 seconds left on the clock. I was pissed and I’m not even a Bucs fan. I just wanted to see some drama but Toilet Bowls proved how terrible of a HC he is. 

2 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

No, they took a knee on 3rd down. Would’ve been 4th down. See the pic, shows them taking a knee on 3rd down. 1 timeout still remaining with about 35 seconds left on the clock. I was kissed and I’m not even a Bucs fan. I just wanted to see some drama but Toilet Bowls proved how terrible of a HC he is. 

At least you got kissed though, so there was that.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

OK so they take the time out. Lions kick the FG and it's an eleven point game with 30 seconds left 

Bowles did nothing wrong... the game was over 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They were at the tbb 30 that's a 45 yarder in a dome it's basically automatic 

And what if the kick was blocked?  If Bowles really had a TO (and it seemed like he did from the screenshot) then I can't imagine why he wouldn't have called it.  He should absolutely have to answer for it.

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you for starting this thread. I always liked Bowles and I think he has improved as a head coach. Kacy isn't a coordinator anymore, he seems like he has learned from some of his mistakes.

That said, what the hell? How do they not use that time out. I was shocked. No reason not to, unreal.

I almost find it hard to believe he had a timeout.  How do we confirm this?  It's inexcusable to not call it if he had one.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

421098269_938589800963193_67209794362101

still a quitter, I see

WTAF?!  I'd be absolutely livid if I was a Bucs fan.

On a related note, I'd also be really upset at Dan Campbell for not running the clock down to 1 second on each of the previous plays.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And what if the kick was blocked?  If Bowles really had a TO (and it seemed like he did from the screenshot) then I can't imagine why he wouldn't have called it.  He should absolutely have to answer for it.

To be really honest the lions were kneeling early 

Goff kneeled on 2nd down with 16 seconds on the play clock 

Once Bowles didn't Take the first time out it was seen as a concession and everyone got sloppy 

To call the time out on 4th down is technically possible but it would be considered a dick move 

But let's walk that dog he calls time out the lions either kick a 48 yarder or punt them inside the ten. That leaves tbb about 25 seconds to go 90 yards plus a two point conversion to tie 

It's possible but highly unlikely 

The game was done. 

Just now, bitonti said:

Once Bowles didn't Take the first time out it was seen as a concession and everyone got sloppy 

To call the time out on 4th down is technically possible but it would be considered a dick move 

But let's walk that dog he calls time out the lions either kick a 48 yarder or punt them inside the ten. That leaves tbb about 25 seconds to go 90 yards plus a two point conversion to tie 

The game was done. 

The game was not done.  Bowles has no excuse for not taking that TO.  Same for Dan Campbell for not running the clock down.

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They were at the tbb 30 that's a 45 yarder in a dome it's basically automatic 

What?  Why?  Kickers DO miss 45 yarders....look at Buffalo last night.  It's at the very least worth seeing it play out.  C'mon man, you know taking the timeout was the right play.

Honestly I just assumed the graphic was wrong and they didn't actually have one.  It made zero sense not to use it.  Make them kick the field goal.  If they miss or you block, you're still in the game.  It's not like we're talking a one in a million chance here.  What's the worst that can happen?  He makes it and you let the kickoff go through the end zone and then take a knee?  Versus best case, he misses and you have 30+ seconds to pull off a miracle.  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

On a related note, I'd also be really upset at Dan Campbell for not running the clock down to 1 second on each of the previous plays.

Todd Bowles is a loser.

His team marched 92 yards in 72 seconds to score a TD right before halftime and he gave up on his team at the end of the game. He's an absolute joke of a head coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

The game was not done.  Bowles has no excuse for not taking that TO.  Same for Dan Campbell for not running the clock down.

The worst coaching decision in the entire game was Dan Campbell choosing not to challenge the baker sack when his calf was down 

The way it ended the game was over 

Lets not forget baker just threw a dumb int. He was just gonna throw another one 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The game was done. 

lol you're the best, man.  "I know I want to win this game and go to the NFC Championship.....but I don't want to be a dick"

**** sake...lol

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

this is absolutely incredible. put in your best FG block attempt. those can turn into TDs the other way.

Bowles is such a quitter man.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

What?  Why?  Kickers DO miss 45 yarders....look at Buffalo last night.  It's at the very least worth seeing it play out.  C'mon man, you know taking the timeout was the right play.

Honestly I just assumed the graphic was wrong and they didn't actually have one.  It made zero sense not to use it.  Make them kick the field goal.  If they miss or you block, you're still in the game.  It's not like we're talking a one in a million chance here.  What's the worst that can happen?  He makes it and you let the kickoff go through the end zone and then take a knee?  Versus best case, he misses and you have 30+ seconds to pull off a miracle.  

There's some talk from the Detroit folks they would have punted rather than kicked the field goal 

Their punter is automatic at pinning teams inside the 20. The kicker is only 77 percent over 45 yards 

So it's 25 seconds to go 80 or 90 yards with no timeouts and baker in full interception mode 

I get what everyone is saying but it's over at that point 

Good night Gracie