Sorry Ravens fans

12 hours ago, extmenace said:

Bills shouldn’t even had a chance at that kick. Josh Allen tried to choke that game away as usual. That dropped int and then the fumble that somehow doesn’t get recovered. There was no fix, this is the bills. They literally always choke when it matters most. McDermott should get fired. The bills clearly can’t get it done with him.

Bills' play calls after the 2 minute warning were beyond moronic. There was no rush. There was open stuff underneath. And either you score a TD or kick  a FG from much closer to tie, but either at a leisurely pace. You don't want to leave any clock for the Chiefs. Chiefs did numerous things to try to give this game away, but the Bills did even more. The Hamlin fake punt; were they trying to win or have a Disney movie happy moment? Senseless. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Bills' play calls after the 2 minute warning were beyond moronic. There was no rush. There was open stuff underneath. And either you score a TD or kick  a FG from much closer to tie, but either at a leisurely pace. You don't want to leave any clock for the Chiefs. Chiefs did numerous things to try to give this game away, but the Bills did even more. The Hamlin fake punt; were they trying to win or have a Disney movie happy moment? Senseless. 

Yea, I don’t know how anyone can watch that game and say that it was rigged. The bills had so many extra chances and kept making mistake after mistake. The bills lost the game more so than the chiefs winning it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

^This. 
The bills went from clock kill mode to two subsequent passing attempts for the win.  They should have moved the chains and given their kicker a better chance.

——

The fake punt was an audible after seeing only 10 defenders on the field, so that was a ballsy call but one I don’t hold against them. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

Bass doesn't miss that

Just like how he doesn’t miss the 2 FGs missed against the Steelers? 

The fix is in if you look for it. I could easily make a case that the refs were trying to make the Bills win if I wanted to.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

Ravens have to blow KC out.  If it's a close game, there is going to be a call or 2 that doesn't go their way.  i.e. - the questionable PI against Buf last night.

I don't know why you guys are honing in on that one call. That's literally an illegal move. You can argue about if the ball was out yet but it's a penalty either way. And on a 2nd and 4 like that it's a first down no matter if there's a 5 yard or a 15 yard penalty.

If you want a questionable call, look at the Josh Allen forward pass 5 yards pass the LOS. I'm not even saying the refs were trying to help Buffalo win, but for every "FIX IS IN" call you guys shout about is another call that helps the other team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/calls-mount-for-bills-chiefs-nfl-officiating-crew-to-be-investigated

Calls Mount for Bills-Chiefs NFL Officiating Crew to Be Investigated

It isn't a real NFL playoff game if it doesn't involve at least a few controversial calls or non-calls by an NFL officiating crew, and Sunday night's Chiefs-Bills games had no shortage of controversy. 

Trailing by three with over nine minutes left in the fourth quarter, the Buffalo defense appeared to stop Patrick Mahomes and Co. on third down. However, moments later the game's officiating crew huddled together and threw a flag. The call? Pass interference on the Bills defense. 

The controversial, late call gave Mahomes and Co. a first down, extending their drive while holding a three-point lead. 

Check this out:

The officiating crew argued that the Chiefs wide received was bumped by the Buffalo defense after the ball was thrown. But replay review clearly shows the bump happened before the pass, meaning a penalty should not have been called. 

It's one thing to make the call in the moment. It's another when refs huddle together, talk for a minute and then throw a flag. 

NFL fans are calling on the league to investigate Sunday night's officiating crew. 

13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Man I really hope the Ravens win so we can stop hearing from these crazy conspiracy theorists

The conspiracy theorists:

Screenshot_20240121-205404.thumb.png.37a234836d3974e0d08124490bc4c0b5.png

Have to believe this is somehow AI color selected on probability as it's only been true the last 2 years... rather then a fix is in... so if true it's still flawed and can easily be a Blue, Red Superbowl though I see that as being unlikely.  

47 minutes ago, Dcat said:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/calls-mount-for-bills-chiefs-nfl-officiating-crew-to-be-investigated

It isn't a real NFL playoff game if it doesn't involve at least a few controversial calls or non-calls by an NFL officiating crew, and Sunday night's Chiefs-Bills games had no shortage of controversy. 

Trailing by three with over nine minutes left in the fourth quarter, the Buffalo defense appeared to stop Patrick Mahomes and Co. on third down. However, moments later the game's officiating crew huddled together and threw a flag. The call? Pass interference on the Bills defense. 

The controversial, late call gave Mahomes and Co. a first down, extending their drive while holding a three-point lead. 

Check this out:

The officiating crew argued that the Chiefs wide received was bumped by the Buffalo defense after the ball was thrown. But replay review clearly shows the bump happened before the pass, meaning a penalty should not have been called. 

It's one thing to make the call in the moment. It's another when refs huddle together, talk for a minute and then throw a flag. 

NFL fans are calling on the league to investigate Sunday night's officiating crew. 

Didnt they punt a few plays later?

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I don't know why you guys are honing in on that one call. That's literally an illegal move. You can argue about if the ball was out yet but it's a penalty either way. And on a 2nd and 4 like that it's a first down no matter if there's a 5 yard or a 15 yard penalty.

If you want a questionable call, look at the Josh Allen forward pass 5 yards pass the LOS. I'm not even saying the refs were trying to help Buffalo win, but for every "FIX IS IN" call you guys shout about is another call that helps the other team.

The ball was not released while the contact was made, contact was under 5 yds, cannot challenge PI calls

The Allen throw could have been challenged and would have be overturned.  Andy Reid's fault.

• Upvote 1

We will see.

I think the Ravens are going to win it all. 

Of the 4 remaining teams, they are the most complete team and have an elite QB.

I was cheering for the Texans and Bucs. Now that those two teams are out, I’l be cheering for the Ravens. Wont mind the Lions winning it though. Cant stand KC. And am indifferent about the 49ers.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Oh he's already in it.  I want him to end it.  I want Brady to be relegated to the 2-5 discussion in 10 years along with Manning, Montana, and Rodgers (after winning a SB with the Jets in 2024).  

Petty?  Absolutely.  :)

Maybe. Mahommes is quit the magicians.  But where does that put Andy Reid?  People have been beating on bellichicken for not winning without Brady but Reid won quite a bit without mahommes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm torn.  I completely dislike the oversaturation of non-football related stuff into football from this nonsense, but with every win, Mahomes moves closer to undoing the Brady=GOAT argument and that sparks joy for me.  

What to do....what to do...

Honestly, at this pace, like him or not, he could easily match or eclipse every record Brady, Brees, and Manning have put up, including the rings.

Thank you Taylor Swift, thank you. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Maybe. Mahomes is quit the magicians.  But where does that put Andy Reid?  People have been beating on bellichicken for not winning without Brady but Reid won quite a bit without mahomes.

I would say Reid is looking better and better.  It's not like he inherited a stacked roster and losing Tyreek hasn't really hurt them as much as we might have thought.  On top of his success in Philly, and adding in the fact that he doesn't cheat (or at least get caught cheating), he's got to be a strong contender to displace BB if he nabs a 3rd ring in the next few years with KC.  

Oh and then there's the frozen moustache:

Andy Reid's frozen mustache in horribly frigid Chiefs playoff game inspired  plenty of great memes

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Don't know

Well, thats a rather key aspect, wouldn't you agree?

For a guy to put himself in "Bills Cursed Kicker Crew" for all-time, to ruin his career with a key playoff kick miss, surely he must be getting SOMETHING rather material out of it, right?  

You certainly have no hesitation theorizing other aspects of this grand conspiracy, why not this one?  

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

but the NFL certainly wants Swift and her followers

Is there evidence that her "followers" are watching/spending on the NFL in ways they were not previously?

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

and judging from the calls all season long on KC, including yesterday, including the Jets game, it would be ridiculous to not consider this... even without tangible proof.  Refs have been leaning KC the entire season and it has been obvious.  

I prefer tangible proof. "But the calls" by the usual biased and conspiracy -loving fans is generally the weakest possible form of evidence IMO.  

Biased calls are always "obvious" to bad teams and bad teams fans.

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

So if you're looking for proof, don't have it.

Nor, seemingly, does anyone else.  Just like the Jet Blue Conspiracy, folks love to ham it up, but ignore the massive flaws in their grand conspiracies.

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

I suggest you stay out of the discussion because it will only frustrate you.

Naaaa, I love a good conspiracy thread.

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

If and when something odd occurs in the KC/Bal game in KC's favor via refs, it will only get louder.   

By the way....  It was discussed before the game which way the wind was going and Bass kicked it right at the right upright instead of the left.  Even the announcers said it was weird. 

2024 Chiefs do not pass the smell test.  

The NFL risking everything to make the Chiefs a Super Bowl team.

Despite the fact they are, and have been, one of the cream teams in the NFL for like half a decade already, it must be a conspiracy this year!  Surely!  Not goat QB's, elite Coaching and a top-tier talented team vs. a flawed middling Buffalo team.  Nope, it's the grand conspiracy mistress Taylor Swift at work, for album sales, and twitter follows.  Got it.

Still wonder how hey bought that kicker......

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

You are distorting and putting words in my mouth.  I have not mentioned once who I think the "better" team is.  I think the game is fixed. Period.  Swift has millions of followers world-wide (and "world-wide" is the key term considering the NFL's hunger for world-expansion), and can virtually double or triple viewership based on her followers alone. Sports fans just don't get it.  Her popularity exceeds that of anything in the NFL and can bring more viewers to the NFL than anyone else on the planet.  I think she has more followers than anything NFL related.   NFL sees her as the Golden Goose.  

I think that was a thing before but not so much now. When the two started to date, Swift and Kelce were everywhere. You couldn't  watch a local news cast without it being mentioned. Now it is just a few quick pans to her in the owners suite. Jason Kelce actually got as much air time in the last game. I think now the swift fans who didn't  like football but liked her are no longer watching unless they are so infatuated,  they are willing to watch something they aren't  interested in to see her for about 20 seconds over 3 hours. By all accounts, the Bills choked away this game. It had nothing to do with Swift. 

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Check this out:

Really ? He threw a shoulder into a WR running a route. That’s a foul 

On 1/22/2024 at 3:32 AM, ACourseinMiracles said:

It's gonna be great seeing Goodell handing Taylor the Lombardi trohpy.

It's funny because it's true.

My wife and kids don't follow the NFL at all, but they now think I am psychic as I can predict with 100% accuracy whenever Taylor Swift is about to appear on TV during football games.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

Check this out:

oh goodness

They punted on that drive. 

FFS

The refs only flagged the Bills for 28 yards worth of penalties in the entire game, missed a blatant late hit that probably should have been called on a Bills special teamer, and then overturned a VERY close play to rule that Hardman fumbled out of the endzone (they easily could have ruled that there was insufficient evidence to overturn it - The BILLS FAN I was watching the game with thought it was too close to overturn). 

But yea, they fixed the game for the Chiefs. 

You conspiracy wackos deserve to be thrown from a helicopter. ENOUGH

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The refs only flagged the Bills for 28 yards worth of penalties in the entire game, missed a blatant late hit that probably should have been called on a Bills special teamer, and then overturned a VERY close play to rule that Hardman fumbled out of the endzone (they easily could have ruled that there was insufficient evidence to overturn it - The BILLS FAN I was watching the game with thought it was too close to overturn). 

But yea, they fixed the game for the Chiefs. 

You conspiracy wackos deserve to be thrown from a helicopter. ENOUGH

OK now explain the Jets game where the refs made it easy not once, but twice on bogus calls.  When you're done with that one (which is inexplicable other than blindness or Swiftness), then we can visit some other KC games. It has happened on multiple games.   Lets see if the refs make any bogus/controversial calls in favor of the KC Swifts vs Ravens.  If the Ravens have a lead or it's close, we'll see if the refs lean towards the KC Swifts yet again.  Tens of millions new fans to the NFL rule.

39998EKTZQkt0Xhgi5.webp

This Chiefs team while seemingly "weaker" than previous years is actually more balanced and complete, especially on D.  

This Ravens Chiefs game is going to be great and I honestly am not sure who wins. If the KC run D shows up against Baltimore (which they have for most of the season) I think KC will win. If they don't (which they didn't against Buffalo) I think Baltimore takes it.

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

OK now explain the Jets game where the refs made it easy not once, but twice on bogus calls.  When you're done with that one (which is inexplicable other than blindness or Swiftness), then we can visit some other KC games. It has happened on multiple games.   Lets see if the refs make any bogus/controversial calls in favor of the KC Swifts vs Ravens.  If the Ravens have a lead or it's close, we'll see if the refs lean towards the KC Swifts yet again.  Tens of millions new fans to the NFL rule.

39998EKTZQkt0Xhgi5.webp

No one is talking about the jets game 

try and stay on topic 

28 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No one is talking about the jets game 

try and stay on topic 

Too funny.  I'm the OP.  And we are on topic.  Topic:  NFL will go to lengths to give KC every edge to get Swift to Vegas.  Jets game was one of multiple in-season examples.  Highly relevant.  

If the Bal/KCC game is close (I do not expect it to be as Ravens are far better), the refs can lean the edge towards the KCC, just as they have done in multiple games this season.  Baltimore needs to establish a clear early lead and dominate.  Anything close will give the NFL the opportunity to get Swift to Las Vegas to cheer for her man/team.

lol these Chiefs conspiracy theorists make me chuckle.  The refs must have known the Bills were gonna miss that kick when they decided to call that Hardman touchback.  Either that or they were trying to get all these ******* internet detectives off their trail....had to make it look good, y'know?  Can't be too obvious with the fix.  

Get some air, guys.
It's the off-season ... Whatayagonnado

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk