Just your Friendly Reminder...

As bad as Sanchez was, and for how disappointing his career was overall, no one can ever take those back to back AFCC appearances from him.  Pretty incredible accomplishment, especially for a players' first two seasons.  

Obviously the league has changed since then, but that team proved just how far an elite defense and an elite OL can carry you.  

• Upvote 4

Sanchez never recovered from the brutal beating he took on Monday night football. Remember. Almost got killed from Ngati. That big ass DT. The offensive line was a siv the rest of the year.  He couldn't bounce back

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

That Mark Sanchez has more AFC appearances then Josh Allen.

Happy Monday! Carry on.....

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I'm very happy that this makes you feel better...

It doesn't do a thing for me....

It would be like Bills fans bragging about how they lost 4 straight Super Bowls, while the Jets haven't even gotten there since SB III.

Mark Sanchez svcked, btw.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, genot said:

Sanchez never recovered from the brutal beating he took on Monday night football. Remember. Almost got killed from Ngati. That big ass DT. The offensive line was a siv the rest of the year.  He couldn't bounce back

He got destroyed I was at that game I thought they killed him. Wasn’t it the first play. 

41 minutes ago, genot said:

I couldn't agree more.  Phil Simms said Sanchez was the best player on the field in the 2010 AFCCG.  He was once an extend the play type of quarterback..........not to the extent of Roethlisberger, Romo or Favre...............but better than average.  After that Raven game, that aspect of play from him was gone.  It was a Sunday Night game if I recall.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Gibby said:

🤣🤣 He was absolutely one of the worst quarterbacks the team has ever had!

I can’t agree there but I figured this thread was going to go off the rails do I was just speeding it up

• Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Wasn’t Sanchez 4-2 for his career and Allen is 5-4 over his career to date?

bad teacher fighting GIF

Marino was 8-10 in the playoffs. 

Sanchez for the Hall of fame? 

or, maybe playoff W/L record isn't the best way to assess individual players in a team sport. 

1 hour ago, genot said:

People always say this, but if you go back and look, Sanchez rebounded from that game to play fairly well in November/early December, but then struggled mightily in those last 3 games (Eagles, Giants, Dolphins), as the team collapsed. 

One big thing about that year (and especially down the stretch that season) is that we transitioned from a run-first team to more of a balanced team that became waaaaay too pass-happy at times. Sanchez thew the ball 59 times in that epic loss to the Giants, for example. 

I always felt we should have stayed a run-first team that relied on Mark's play-action game. We tired to turn him into Drew Brees and he wasn't ready for that. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

People always say this, but if you go back and look, Sanchez rebounded from that game to play fairly well in November/early December, but then struggled mightily in those last 3 games (Eagles, Giants, Dolphins), as the team collapsed. 

One big thing about that year (and especially down the stretch that season) is that we transitioned from a run-first team to more of a balanced team that became waaaaay too pass-happy at times. Sanchez thew the ball 59 times in that epic loss to the Giants, for example. 

I always felt we should have stayed a run-first team that relied on Mark's play-action game. We tired to turn him into Drew Brees and he wasn't ready for that. 

Our toxic WR room all went to Rex to complain about Sanchez and Schotty because they weren't getting the ball enough.

In general though, you're eventually going to want to take the training wheels off and see if the guy is a franchise QB and not someone the offense is built around hiding.

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Our toxic WR room all went to Rex to complain about Sanchez and Schotty because they weren't getting the ball enough.

In general though, you're eventually going to want to take the training wheels off and see if the guy is a franchise QB and not someone the offense is built around hiding.

Yea, the jets made a number of huge mistakes heading into that season, including what they did at WR. 

I still think a big mistake was not properly evaluating Sanchez/constructing an offense that maximized his strengths and then doubling down on him with that unearned contract extension the following offseason 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I'm very happy that this makes you feel better...

It doesn't do a thing for me....

every monday after a playoff Jets fans come up with these pithy jokes at Buffalo and Miami's expense. 

It's funny until you stop to realize we haven't even been to the playoffs since Mark Sanchez 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Pssst, it wasn't Zachy-poo either. :P

1.Joe

2. o’Brian

3. Vinny

4. Chad 

5. Favre until he hurt his shoulder and took a picture of his wang for  the Jet staffer 

After that? Nothing but well Scotch my single malt friend. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1.Joe
2. o’Brian
3. Vinny
4. Chad 
5. Favre until he hurt his shoulder and took a picture of his wang for  the Jet staffer 
After that? Nothing but well Scotch my single malt friend. 
I'd swap 3 and 4 .. but aside from that. .. spot on

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Good points.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If there was a team that needed to go for a solid vet instead of a newbie was that version of the Jets.   We reatian Favre and we win the super bowl imo

Yep.

With Favre and Mangini we won 8 games and missed the playoffs, of course due to Favre getting injured here - the curse.

The next year we win 8 with Sanchez. Sneaking and shock some teams. There’s no question in my mind that a healthy Favre that year (seeing how he played in Minny) gets us to AFCC game and maybe the ‘bowl.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

That Mark Sanchez has more AFC appearances then Josh Allen.

Happy Monday! Carry on.....

Im not really into this as an Allen / Sanchez comparison but the last couple of season ends I have marveled that the 09 10 Jets got to CG game. Kind of a newbie fan back then snd did not appreciate the difficulty of the accomplishment. And I watch Allen who is supposedly on his “trajectory to the HOF” and he can’t even advance to the CG 

• Upvote 1