Time For A New Zach Wilson Thread. Steve Young Says...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/where-steve-young-thinks-zach-wilson-needs-to-go-to-succeed-in-the-nfl/ar-BB1hrvVK?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=33ee48289d92451784a7927ddcbd33a5&ei=7

"There are seven or eight teams with innovative minds that Young said he would love to play for right now if he was in his prime: the San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens."

In short, Steve Young says Zach Wilson needs to go to a good team :-) 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/where-steve-young-thinks-zach-wilson-needs-to-go-to-succeed-in-the-nfl/ar-BB1hrvVK?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=33ee48289d92451784a7927ddcbd33a5&ei=7

"There are seven or eight teams with innovative minds that Young said he would love to play for right now if he was in his prime: the San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens."

Which he probably will, some good team will toss out a late round pick becasue they are good at QB and can take a chance on a guy they maybe liked in his draft year.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Exactly one of them needs a QB

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You know it's the offseason when we get the "Bust QB will go elsewhere and be a stud" fear threads.

Well Sam Darnold is going to thr SB so clearly these threads of fear are warranted ;)

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No one wants Zach wilson 

He's going to be the backup again 

They don't have any better ideas 

What’s funny is Wilson ghosted reporters last year on baggie day and did the same thing this year. Zero recap of anything. Easier to set the table for his return this way. 

• Upvote 3

San Francisco 49ers: they have their #1 & backup in place for the next 5-10 years 

Los Angeles Rams: I’d be surprised that Lafleur would be advising the Rams brass that Zach’s fixable

Kansas City Chiefs, Mahommes is still young and good for the next 10 years

Miami Dolphins, Tua’s their #1, also young

Minnesota Vikings, if Cousins doesn’t re-sign there I can see them taking a flyer with Zach, bringing him in to compete as the starter.

Green Bay Packers, looks like they found their #1 and oh yeah, Lafleur

Philadelphia Eagles, Fields is their #1 . Young as well.

Baltimore Ravens, Lamar and his big fat contract 

NO team is trading for Zach as their backup. He’s shown that he’s not able to step in at the drop of a hat and take over an offence. His handlers want him to go some team where there’s an open competition at QB.

Our best hope is that some stupid team dumber than us trades for him believing that he can actually play as a starter. Don’t expect a high pick in return though. SanFran got a 4th round pick for Trey Lance.

Sounds crazy but some team will.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/29/2024 at 1:54 PM, bitonti said:

No one wants Zach Wilson 

He's going to be the backup again 

They don't have any better ideas 

Don't fret there will be some team out there willing to flip a 7th Round Pick for Zach. I doubt there will be much in the way of salary compensation. Zach's compensation in 2024 is guaranteed with a 50% Perecent Clawback up to 2.75 million dollars. And that team can name their price even if its 1Dollar. The Jets have an  up or down veto and that's it. If they say no Zach stays with the team.

I expect that Zach will move out, then Brett Rypien will be elevated to no 2 QB. The Jets will draft a no-name QB in the 6th or 7th Round of the draft who will sit on the Practice Squad for most if not all of the season.

Hackett is an Incompetent Dolt just like his Old Man. Neither one of those two Sad Sacks could develop a Quarterback worth a hill of beans. And the protege is at least smart enough to latch on to a QB he can leach off on. You had better hope Rodgers stays healthy this year because if he gets hurt again the experiment is over and Woody pulls the plug. THEN the hangover starts and it promises to be a LULU !

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The last time the Jets won a playoff game, Sports Illustrated had an article titled "The Case Against Lance Armstrong"

SportsIllustratedJets-BringOnTheSteelers.jpeg.579efcee52cce6e24920e9ea284404a3.jpeg

Lance Armstrong is a NATIONAL HERO!! 

First man to walk on the Mooon!!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dammit... I was off a bit.

That was Louis Armstrong! My bad...

I wish Louis Armstrong was the first person on the moon. I can imagine the one small step quote in his voice pretty easily

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

How do you know Zach didn’t put in the time in the film room? There were several stories saying he worked too hard - Rodgers while in Green Bay told him to lighten up. 

Most coddled kid is debatable. I don’t call throwing him in to a horrific offensive situation as a raw highly drafted rookie out of BYU coddling exactly. 

In all honesty Zach Wilson is a mystery.  No one knows what he did last season to prepare.   There is no evidence of QB camp.  We assume he was clowning around Utah. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

How do you know Zach didn’t put in the time in the film room? There were several stories saying he worked too hard - Rodgers while in Green Bay told him to lighten up. 

Most coddled kid is debatable. I don’t call throwing him in to a horrific offensive situation as a raw highly drafted rookie out of BYU coddling exactly. 

Yeah, Zach working hard isn’t believable at all. Especially with how unaccountable he’s been. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Lance Armstrong is a NATIONAL HERO!! 

First man to walk on the Mooon!!

Just like wild bill hiccup and buffalo billius from the 3 stooges 

tmp.gif

• Haha 1

Take on me
(Take on me)
Take me on
(Take on me)
I'll be gone
In a day or two
So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
But I'll be stumblin' away
Slowly learnin' that life is okay
Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry
Take on me
(Take on me)
Take me on
(Take on me)
I'll be gone
In a day or two
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Eagles Dolphins and Vikings need QB’s but Wilson isn’t the answer for them either.

Eagles signed Hurts to a huge extension, he isn't going anywhere.

Tua led the league in yards, and completed 69% of his passes.  No one ot getting rid of that for Zach

• Haha 1