Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

1 minute ago, football guy said:

By no means do I want sycophants or kiss asses covering the team. Like them or not, guys like Rich Cimini have an important place in sports journalism. Guys like Manish Mehta do not. If there are reporters who make sh*t up and attach “sources” next to it, then why not limit that person’s access?

Zack Rosenblatt has very limited access to begin with. He has maybe broken one piece of info since he got the job, and he has been flat out wrong on several occasions. Forget whether or not his opinions are right or wrong, where did his reporting come from when he’s wrong? Because quite frankly it’s just conjecture that he attached “sources” to and runs with it. Has he ever came out and and owned his incorrect reports? Nope. Has he delved into how he got his reporting wrong? No. I’m sorry but I just can’t be on board with sh*t like that. 

As far as Russini- I’m not suggesting she’s gets no information, I’m suggesting she’s a sensationalist. There’s been a history with her and casting doom and dysfunction over other organizations and situations. Does Adam Schefter do that? Never. He reports it as it is, and lets his audience ask the questions. No agendas. Same can’t be said for Russini. Ever since Rodgers came out and said she has no idea what she’s talking about, she’s had an axe to grind. Her first “breaking” story at her new job was a hit piece which she changed the story several times and got called out for it. What else has she reported on other than confirming other people’s reporting? I’m not surprised she took this approach, and I would anticipate she will attack the adminsitration more. Whether or not this organization is dysfunction (it is) is besides the point- reporters shouldn’t just make up details and attach “sources” to it. When Joe Bonigio does it or whatever his name is, it’s taken with a grain of salt because he doesn’t portray himself as a sports journalist. When someone who portrays themselves as a sports journalist and makes up/exaggerates details again I take issue with that

The problem is that most if not all of the article is correct, not who wrote it 

unless you want to check with your sources on specific points 

did you read the article yet?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

None of this happens if the Jets went out and tried to get a QB after  Rodgers went down. This regime and everything associated with it revolves around Wilson (who doesn’t give two sh*ts about the Jets either,).

Agree but the issues run way deeper than this non sense. It’s the same sh*t with everyone we bring in. It always comes down to Woody one way or another. We just keep following along like cattle to the slaughter. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Agree but the issues run way deeper than this non sense. It’s the same sh*t with everyone we bring in. It always comes down to Woody one way or another. We just keep following along like cattle to the slaughter. 

It does. But the roster in place, basically because they had a year of having a bunch of high picks due to being terrible, aligned the team to compete this season. You can’t punt the season after 4 plays. Of course things will unravel. 

47 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Athletic is damming, it makes the Jets a laughing stock again, worst of all, even if only half is true it shows poor leadership and discipline from Saleh who should not be trusted another year.

Then of course there is the results on the field....18 wins in 3 seasons.

Woody felt pressured to retain Saleh due to Rodgers, NOW he has the reason and opportunity to dump him and hire Vrabel. Act withn the next week, strike while it looks like dysfunction is burning the Jets down. It will force Rodgers hand to not protest to much and roll with the program. 

Get on it Woody. 

Vrabel would never work for Woody. 

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

If you guys really want to feel bad about yourselves, check this out:

IMG_9103.thumb.jpeg.47c9a04d9c9a46b2365667aa29b1ed1c.jpeg

Seems like Woody has a say in playing time, which means that whatever happens with Douglas, Saleh, or Rodgers, this team is screwed forever

If Woody is still involved in personnel matters, it’s no surprise that a true program building type head coach refuses to come here. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It does. But the roster in place, basically because they had a year of having a bunch of high picks due to being terrible, aligned the team to compete this season. You can’t punt the season after 4 plays. Of course things will unravel. 

To me it’s Woody pushing Wilson, anyone in their right mind would have immediately tried to find someone to at least be competitive. Like I said trying to control something we have no control over. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

As with the Zach not wanting to play story, we’ll find out how untrue any of this is by the force of the denials coming from Saleh and other Jets personnel. You’ll recall that the same parties in here were saying the Zach story was false until Rodgers effectively confirmed it on McAfee. Remember that even Saleh didn’t deny it, choosing instead to offer a vague “if he didn’t want to play, he wouldn’t be here.” Which, in retrospect, is funny considering Zach was never seen nor heard from again after he left the field in Miami. 

The circumstances certainly support that story. The exact reason alleged why he didn't want to return to the field happens and then he all but disappears from existence. Personally I would have loved to see him pull a Katt Williams and call out everything. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the athletic article is to be believed, woody needs to stop m

Yeah right, Woody is what Woody is, an incompetent NFL owner. It’s 20 years that he’s been meddling .

Guys you all know it, Woody will not do anything about this damming article.

Why? Because Aaron say so.

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

The problem is that most if not all of the article is correct, not who wrote it 

unless you want to check with your sources on specific points 

did you read the article yet?

I've read the article. They went out of their way to paint Robert Saleh, Aaron Rodgers, and Nathanial Hackett in a negative light. The same people who attacked them after they wrote the fabricated Zach Wilson/Aaron Rodgers story. They added a lot of unnecessary fluff to make the team appear much more dysfunctional than it actually is, they doubled down on previous reporting that is flatly not true, and essentially used the article as an opportunity to try and drive a wedge within the building and in the locker room. 

I'd say 70% of the article is true and obvious- its a collection of confirmation on other reports and words that have come straight from Saleh and other players/coaches in press conference availability. 15% are total exaggerations/character assassinations. 15% flat out false  

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I've read the article. They went out of their way to paint Robert Saleh, Aaron Rodgers, and Nathanial Hackett in a negative light. The same people who attacked them after they wrote the fabricated Zach Wilson/Aaron Rodgers story. They added a lot of unnecessary fluff to make the team appear much more dysfunctional than it actually is, they doubled down on previous reporting that is flatly not true, and essentially used the article as an opportunity to try and drive a wedge within the building and in the locker room. 

I'd say 70% of the article is true and obvious- its a collection of confirmation on other reports and words that have come straight from Saleh and other players/coaches in press conference availability. 15% are total exaggerations/character assassinations. 15% flat out false  

If even 50 percent is true.....they should clean house. Not sure why you are dying on a hill with the "media is bad" thing here. They have more sources then any of us, tell you that much. They didn't just make some sh*t up......The Jets, Saleh and the front office put themselves in this mess. No one else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Guys, Woody isn’t making the decisions or draft picks.  

Every video shows the FO talking to him telling who they want and him basically agreeing to it.  They had to tell him they were benching the guys he sent dozens of millions on a few months earlier so they didn’t look completely incompetent. 

I do believe he wanted Rodgers, probably because JD and Saleh had to run it by him first and put the idea in his head.  

They’re running the team, but ultimately have to tell him what they’re doing before the checks get signed.  I bet he rarely tells JD no.  No front office has free reign to do what they want except GB.  I’m sure every GM has to run huge financial signings by the owner first. 

This. All day. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

speculation. Zach Wilson was the consensus #2 QB in that draft by a pretty wide margin. 

I DO remember that Saleh and Douglas preferred to keep Darnold (and most likely trade down) early on in the draft process, before they saw Zach throw in shorts at his pro day and fell in love. 

The only reason zach was #2 QB was that the Jets were going to take him #2 and it was known by team Zach in December 20 

it was WAY WAY before pro day this stuff leaked by Daniel Jeremiah before the CFB playoffs 

group think... like what's happening with Caleb Williams right now 

the link I found says Saleh wanted to keep Darnold and have a competition with wilson 

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/09/new-york-jets-prepared-to-keep-sam-darnold-zach-wilson/

there was another one that came out recently that said the coaches wanted to keep darnold and draft "a position player" I'm still looking for that though

it's all people covering their asses and yes there are plenty of times Saleh praised Zach as being the second coming after the fact 

34 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

hmmm, I could have sworn he said that Wilson is very likely to be gone? 

@football guy

@Matt39 seems to make up his own version of reality and facts, like many on here. 

What I said this: Zach is most likely gone, and my guess is that he'll be traded to the Rams. Minnesota, Denver, and Philadelphia bare watching as well. What I said was that the only chance of Zach coming back was if Zach wanted to be back (he doesn't). There was/is a chance where cooler heads could prevail with Douglas and Rodgers attempting to convince Wilson to come back, but they won't try forcing a player to play for them who doesn't want to be here. Fans will read that and give all kinds of takes on it, but the bottom line is there is no reason to "force" a backup QB to return if the player doesn't want to be here, especially when there will be a trade market. 

Zach wants to go somewhere he can learn and have coaching that will maximize his ability to be a QB in the NFL, Saleh wants the opportunity to see a veteran QB (and veteran backup for that matter) lead this team and defense without the need to coddle/develop the backup. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, football guy said:

@Matt39 seems to make up his own version of reality and facts, like many on here. 

What I said this: Zach is most likely gone, and my guess is that he'll be traded to the Rams. Minnesota, Denver, and Philadelphia bare watching as well. What I said was that the only chance of Zach coming back was if Zach wanted to be back (he doesn't). There was/is a chance where cooler heads could prevail with Douglas and Rodgers attempting to convince Wilson to come back, but they won't try forcing a player to play for them who doesn't want to be here. Fans will read that and give all kinds of takes on it, but the bottom line is there is no reason to "force" a backup QB to return if the player doesn't want to be here, especially when there will be a trade market. 

Zach wants to go somewhere he can learn and have coaching that will maximize his ability to be a QB in the NFL, Saleh wants the opportunity to see a veteran QB (and veteran backup for that matter) lead this team and defense without the need to coddle/develop the backup. 

haha, i knew I wasn't that crazy.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The only reason zach was #2 QB was that the Jets were going to take him #2 and it was known by team Zach in December 20

Huh? 

FYI, the Jets weren't even locked into the #2 overall pick on December 20. They didn't clinch the #2 pick until December 27 when they beat Cleveland:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2020/12/27/ny-jets-vs-cleveland-browns-sam-darnold-vs-baker-mayfield-week-16/4033678001/

Before that game, they were still in the running for Trevor Lawrence. They had no idea what they were doing in December, friend. 

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If even 50 percent is true.....they should clean house. Not sure why you are dying on a hill with the "media is bad" thing here. They have more sources then any of us, tell you that much. They didn't just make some sh*t up......The Jets, Saleh and the front office put themselves in this mess. No one else. 

The reason why I die on the hill of "media is bad" is because the people writing the article are using sensationalist tactics in effort to drive a wedge in the organization. It's a hit piece. They're twisting the facts in effort to paint a worse picture. Perfect example: 

Wilson told coaches and teammates he was under the impression he’d have a direct line to Rodgers, even after Rodgers tore his Achilles and flew home to California for surgery in the early stages of his rehab. Instead, Wilson barely heard from him.

This is 1000% false. If I have to get a direct text from Zach Wilson himself, god damnit I will. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Guys, Woody isn’t making the decisions or draft picks.  

Every video shows the FO talking to him telling who they want and him basically agreeing to it.  They had to tell him they were benching the guys he sent dozens of millions on a few months earlier so they didn’t look completely incompetent. 

I do believe he wanted Rodgers, probably because JD and Saleh had to run it by him first and put the idea in his head.  

They’re running the team, but ultimately have to tell him what they’re doing before the checks get signed.  I bet he rarely tells JD no.  No front office has free reign to do what they want except GB.  I’m sure every GM has to run huge financial signings by the owner first. 

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN