Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Enjoy your fantasy land bubble where everything is gonna be fine.  

I can't the only one who knows '25 is gonna be a sh*tshow right 😂.

Maybe more "watchable" by normie standards but it ends in the dark dark place that we call home.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:09 AM, T0mShane said:

—Saleh is portrayed as a true bitch in this article—blamed Zach for everything going wrong, saying that getting to 8 wins with Zach would “be a miracle.” Was obsessively paranoid about being fired and wanted Rodgers and Johnson to endorse him for the 2024 season. Most hilariously, Saleh confronted his offensive coaches about the “reluctant to play” Zach leak, and was apparently laughed out of the room:

• Haha 3

Into Day Two and the only pushback on the article has come from the esteemed Jets Blogger community, and even that’s due to those kids getting catfished by various Eric Allen alts telling them that everything at 1JD is superawesome

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Into Day Two and the only pushback on the article has come from the esteemed Jets Blogger community, and even that’s due to those kids getting catfished by various Eric Allen alts telling them that everything at 1JD is superawesome

Truth hurts 

Rosenblatt and Russini definitely pulled this regimes pants down. 

Them attempting to defend this is will only dig them deeper in this hole 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2nd blush; Saleh was a passenger in every way when it comes to the offense. Either farms it out to Hackett and Rodgers, or laments his bad luck to be stuck with Wilson. No taking the initiative to solve the problem, no impassioned plea to the GM and really the owner to get a real backup. And when Wilson went south like WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD, Bobby Salad holds himself a pity party.

See no point in retaining him. Johnson looks ridiculous. But problem is Johnson is still doing the hiring and any coach with options wants nothing to do with 1JD. Reality is team had a glaring weakness at backup QB all off season, had it blow up in their faces Opening Night, and still didn't fix it, even though there were options  at both junctures. At this point, a potential head coach is more likely to interrogate the owner rather than be interviewed. "Mr. Johnson, if this happens again, are you gonna hang me out to dry like you did Saleh when Rodgers got hurt?"

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MykePM said:

Moore and Boyle (assuming he was the leak on the Zach story, which you seem to be) damaged the whole team by their actions, even more than they damaged Zach.  Getting rid of them was absolutely the right move.

Likely. Boyle should have never been with the Jets to begin with. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Serious question - why would there be any pushback to an article that largely contained a bunch of stuff we all already knew?

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Serious question - why would there be any pushback to an article that largely contained a bunch of stuff we all already knew?

A lot of stuff we already knew, and a lot of it was either twisted or false. It's that stuff that's getting pushback.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why the Jets should acknowledge or push back on things that aren't even getting acknowledged by the people that cover the Jets on a daily basis.

The best franchises do not participate in this stuff. Best to just let this one go away as quickly as it was dropped out of nowhere. If anything, yank both of these people's credentials like they had to do with Manish and call it a day.

The best move that the Jets could make is to put their head down, go to work, and do everything possible to win ball games in 2024. Spending any time at all addressing this stupidity is a waste of time. I think that's what they'll do.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

15 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

That article has pretty heavy traction across the sports media landscape and the Jets are a laughingstock, again. If, as some people are suggesting, the article contained slanderous inaccuracies about the leadership of the New York Jets, you’d think somebody—anybody—from the org would at least attempt to counter those lies and distortions. 

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Not sure why the Jets should acknowledge or push back on things that aren't even getting acknowledged by the people that cover the Jets on a daily basis.

The best franchises do not participate in this stuff. Best to just let this one go away as quickly as it was dropped out of nowhere. If anything, yank both of these people's credentials like they had to do with Manish and call it a day.

The best move that the Jets could make is to put their head down, go to work, and do everything possible to win ball games in 2024. Spending any time at all addressing this stupidity is a waste of time. I think that's what they'll do.

The Jets should not comment on this hit piece at all. Just move forward into the off season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

BOTTOM LINE: Whether this story is 0% true, 50% true, 100% true, whatever.., this kind of thing happening repeatedly to the Jets only happens because of the circus WOODY is in charge of.

A professional organization nips this in the bud on Day 1.

But not 110% true

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Jets should not comment on this hit piece at all. Just move forward into the off season.

We're getting closer by the day for the new uniforms and draft, they will sell us on some BS FAs and Jets 1D Drive hype videos and I can't wait.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That article has pretty heavy traction across the sports media landscape and the Jets are a laughingstock, again. If, as some people are suggesting, the article contained slanderous inaccuracies about the leadership of the New York Jets, you’d think somebody—anybody—from the org would at least attempt to counter those lies and distortions. 

Unless asked about it directly at a press conference, nobody ever comes out and makes a comment on an article. It's just drama, not like it's something illegal that they have to come out and publish a statement.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Unless asked about it directly at a press conference, nobody ever comes out and makes a comment on an article. It's just drama, not like it's something illegal that they have to come out and publish a statement.

It would be great if Saleh broadcasted from the team gym after a fresh pump and cut a WWE promo where he started screaming and ripping pictures of Blatt and Russini in half. Fight fire with fire you know what I'm saying

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Eh, pretty sure. Saleh is petty, but not so petty as to threaten to remove cell phones. Honestly though, if it gets the CS out of the team faster I'm all for this type of stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, redlichtie said:

This is an odd and confusing statement from the Athletic. I think they mean that they(the publication) granted the promise of anonymity to those sources although I think you’ve read it as someone in the organisation did? 

I mean of course they did, that’s how they are ‘sources’ ….that’s how an off-the-record expose like this works.
I’ve not read the article fully but they have named about a dozen people and attributed quotes to them but every single one is an in-season quote that’s been in the public domain for weeks. There are no ‘fresh’ attributed quotes that I can see. Rodgers on the Pat McAfee show, Garrett after a tough mid-season loss. Sauce too…..etc etc

So I suspect they are including those in their 30 sources, which is somewhat disingenuous to say the least, but then that, sadly, is how a lot of journalism works, oversell to grab headlines, sex it up…..naughty, but not at all surprising, it’s 90% of what passes for journalism today.

Some of those sources might have answered their phone, passed the time of day, exchanged some pleasantries and then said that on balance they have no comment to make or worse/better “actually, I thought we had a really tight group this year and things aren’t as bad as you are making out” …that counts as one of the 30 sources you spoke to, but hey, just leave that bit out because to paraphrase the old saying “don’t let that awkward fact get in the way of our good story”

believe me this happens, 

I’m not suggesting that this is all made up and entirely false. Far from it. In fact I’d say there’s enough plausibility in here that at the very least there are some embers, if not a wee bit of fire, to go with all that smoke but equally I wouldn’t get hung up on the ‘30 sources’ part of this as you can easily inflate those numbers with a bit of smoke and mirrors.

What’s clear is that after yet another failed season, a no longer favourable cap situation, and no haul of high draft picks to fall back on as in previous years (it’s a lot harder to sell off all your own family silver if you are Joe Douglas, it was so much easer when it was Mike Maccagnans fault!) that all is far from well at 1JD….not surprising, there’s probably similar dysfunction up and down the league, particularly, but not exclusively, where losing seasons and playoff droughts have taken hold.

Anyway, apologies for the long winded explanation that I think we may be misreading that as someone (Woody, Douglas) in the organisation has personally cleared people to speak with anonymity other than the reporters doing so, which is standard operation and stating the bleedin’ obvious.

Having said all that. Joe Douglas comes off as curiously unscathed in all if this…..hmmmm 

i think your right. but another question just came to mind...SOME got anonymity. ok but what about the rest? can we put a name to any of this? 

i heard yesterday on some talk shows that even though they dont want to discredit a fellow journalist there taking this with a grain of salt. an obvious hit piece on Salehs birthday is not a coincidence. with not one name to the story.

like you said there is probably alot of truth in this but alot of this is also i think anyway there is alot of exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

dont say anything. your give fuel to this if they do. right now these 2 are hated at one Jets Drive and should have access to the team taken away.

this will go away faster than you can say your name.

now if GW or another player comes out and says some of this is true, then they have to say something. but to answer this article with not one single name attached to it would be stupid. 

and like i said above, it came out on Robert Salehs Birthday?? its obvious like @Mogglez has pointed out, someone is pissed at them and has an axe to grind and we should all be careful of what we take as truth.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Still no happy birthday for coach Saleh