Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

Genuinely curious, are there other teams in the league,  which had a bad season, where beat writers/respected reporters are teaming up to interview 30 people in order to totally assassinate the team and embarrass them?

When was the last time they interviewed 30 people to write something positive?

• Post of the Week 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:09 AM, T0mShane said:

Newsy autopsy of the 2023 season. A lot of these storylines were predictable and transparent, but it’s good to see them confirmed. Some highlights:

—Hackett was lazy as sh*t, didn’t watch a lot of film, didn’t communicate with his offensive staff, and only took advice from Aaron Rodgers on in-game adjustments.

—Rodgers abandoned Zach halfway through the season. Zach thought he’d have a “direct line” to Rodgers, but it ended up not being the case. Zach and Rodgers weren’t talking toward the end when the whole “reluctant to play again” thing came down. 

—Zach was embittered by Hackett and Saleh constantly slurping Rodgers’ nuts and treating Zach like a side chick until Rodgers was supposedly going to return. 

—Woody was being influenced by fan and media criticism of the team he read on Twitter and would confront Saleh with it. (lolololol)

—Saleh is portrayed as a true bitch in this article—blamed Zach for everything going wrong, saying that getting to 8 wins with Zach would “be a miracle.” Was obsessively paranoid about being fired and wanted Rodgers and Johnson to endorse him for the 2024 season. Most hilariously, Saleh confronted his offensive coaches about the “reluctant to play” Zach leak, and was apparently laughed out of the room:

IMG_4907.jpeg

I never liked the signing of Rodgers and hated it more as they brought in his Packer buddies. The hiring of Hackett really pissed me off.  Hackett's game plans and play calling sucked. No change from week to week. A Pop Warner coach could out coach him. Plus he never adjusted during games. Woody is a poor owner who knows nothing about football and should sell the team ASAP! May-be he should give the franchise to Rodgers and Hackett. Then I can stop rooting for this awful franchise. If you think the Jets are a playoff team next year you're dreaming. This franchise is now 15 to 20 years from being a great franchise unless Woody is still alive and owns this team.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I never liked the signing of Rodgers and hated it more as they brought in his Packer buddies. The hiring of Hackett really pissed me off.  Hackett's game plans and play calling sucked. No change from week to week. A Pop Warner coach could out coach him. Plus he never adjusted during games. Woody is a poor owner who knows nothing about football and should sell the team ASAP! May-be he should give the franchise to Rodgers and Hackett. Then I can stop rooting for this awful franchise. If you think the Jets are a playoff team next year you're dreaming. This franchise is now 15 to 20 years from being a great franchise unless Woody is still alive and owns this team.

I'm a huge fan of Rodgers (including his comments about topics we're not allowed to discuss) and am grateful he agreed to be traded here.  But I have to say that it's looking like a disaster right now.  I hope @Pac is correct that AR8 is going to go on a rampage next year and we'll win big.   The NFL is unpredictable enough that it's not out of the question.  It's funny because the expectations next year will be low.  Everyone will be like "what's going to happen next to this franchise?!"  Maybe that will be a good thing.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, doitny said:

i think your right. but another question just came to mind...SOME got anonymity. ok but what about the rest? can we put a name to any of this? 

i heard yesterday on some talk shows that even though they dont want to discredit a fellow journalist there taking this with a grain of salt. an obvious hit piece on Salehs birthday is not a coincidence. with not one name to the story.

like you said there is probably alot of truth in this but alot of this is also i think anyway there is alot of exaggeration. 

What is interesting to me is the reaction of the other beat reporters. A guy like Cimini would be all over this if it were truly legit, but just skimming his social media (I don’t do twitter so perhaps I’m missing a reference) I’m not seeing much of this at all, if anything it’s totally ignored….for me, that is telling.
I know he’s not universally popular here and clearly all is not well with this team but a guy like RC is very well plugged in and I’d expect him to be following this heavily were it a representative look into the workings of the team rather than 1 or 2 disgruntled ex employees.
Reporters are competitive, they are desperate to break THE story but even they have to recognise when the story has been broken, even by an arch rival….and will follow it up heavily.
I’m not really seeing that here but I could be wrong 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Barton said:

If the jets had Brock Purdy the last few years, he would have been treated the exact same way that Mike white got treated. He’d be the phins backup QB right now. Guaranteed. 

So accurate. The entire building knew White was light years better than Zach.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini has that cherry ESPN local gig that every other beat guy would happily kill for. ESPN is a hand-in-hand partner of the NFL and its affiliate teams, and Rich has settled in nicely as a court stenographer happy to cash the checks and write whatever NFL-approved copy they want him to write. He’s not risking that job to take down Nate Hackett. 

Them gen-Z ESPN stats !

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Genuinely curious, are there other teams in the league,  which had a bad season, where beat writers/respected reporters are teaming up to interview 30 people in order to totally assassinate the team and embarrass them?

When's the last time the Jets did anything positive worth writing about?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

We're getting closer by the day for the new uniforms and draft, they will sell us on some BS FAs and Jets 1D Drive hype videos and I can't wait.

The Jets are the only professional sports team in the country and Canada whose owner thinks that his biggest responsibility is which uniforms the Jets are going to be wearing this week or next season. Not only that but you guys watch when training camp time rolls around it's going to be announced that Chris Johnson will be once again taking over since Woody will be so immersed trying to get trump back in as president 

11 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Only if they're doing their job.

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

The Jets are the only professional sports team in the country and Canada whose owner thinks that his biggest responsibility is which uniforms the Jets are going to be wearing this week or next season. Not only that but you guys watch when training camp time rolls around it's going to be announced that Chris Johnson will be once again taking over since Woody will be so immersed trying to get trump back in as president 

It's also funny that Woody cares so much about uniforms but he completely screwed them up 5 years ago, when we went from one of the best to one of the worst uni's in the NFL.

#Clothes

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's also funny that Woody cares so much about uniforms but he completely screwed them up 5 years ago, when we went from one of the best to one of the worst uni's in the NFL.

#Clothes

We had the best logo the 80s one and hopefully the "reports" of us returning to it are true.

I'd like to see an alternate logo too with an NY with the 80s swoosh on top, below, or through the NY.

Keep the 80s logo + uni's and have some off the wall 3rd alternate option.

I'm still waiting to hear anything collaborating this story from any other Jets beat writer. Nothing but crickets. Rich Cimini, a guy who loves a negative Jets story as much as the majority of the posters here, hasn't tweeted a single thing.

This was a story whose sole purpose was to get clicks out of a desperate fan base. It seems to have accomplished that goal. Of all the New York teams I root for, by far the least intelligent are Jets fans. It's ******* embarrassing.

Remember, the Athletic was the news source that broke the story of the racist 10 year old Chiefs fan. GTFOH with this nonsense.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I'm still waiting to hear anything collaborating this story from any other Jets beat writer. Nothing but crickets. Rich Cimini, a guy who loves a negative Jets story as much as the majority of the posters here, hasn't tweeted a single thing.

This was a story whose sole purpose was to get clicks out of a desperate fan base. It seems to have accomplished that goal. Of all the New York teams I root for, by far the least intelligent are Jets fans. It's ******* embarrassing.

Remember, the Athletic was the news source that broke the story of the racist 10 year old Chiefs fan. GTFOH with this nonsense.

There really wasn’t anything from that article we didn’t know already. The issues with the Jets stem from the owner fawning over a nepo baby QB who didn’t have to do anything. Rodgers is not the problem with the Jets. Zach Wilson, who is back in Utah traveling around with the Brady Bunch will never get it. The QB they committed to for 3 years never lived in New York. That right there is your issue. Rodgers I’m still trying to figure out what he did wrong here

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2024 at 12:26 AM, Mogglez said:

Excuse me?  Play insider?  Act like I’m the second coming of John Clayton or Adam Schefter?  What in the world got under your skin?

You want to gag and roll your eyes because I vetted and shared something that goes against your belief that every single miserable thing about the Jets that comes out in the media must be true?  Reporters have never skewed something to an extreme or fabricated a story?

Got it.  

See, this the stuff I can’t stand and irritates the ever-living f*ck out of me.  I have EXPLICITLY said 1,000 times that I don’t share things to make a career out of it.  I share it because I happen to have gotten extremely lucky to have access to things behind the scenes, have been posting amongst the people on this forum since 2007, so I know those people/this community would appreciate hearing something from inside the building every now and then.  For the last time: I don’t have a career in football, the media, or anything of that ilk, nor do I want one.  Ever.

But hey, I’ll do you a solid since you “like me.” (you certainly have an odd way of showing it.)  I’ll tone it down.  Entirely.  I’m not doing this song and dance every single time I share something.  It’s absolutely exhausting having to defend myself when I try to share tidbits.  I’ve been down this road before.  Typically, I would just respond to DMs only, blow off steam, get fascinated when I get a text with something new, and go back to sharing on the main board, but this response really did a great job of pissing me off because it was a back-handed slap across the face from someone I never expected it to come from so, for the foreseeable future, I’m just going to keep it to myself.  I come here to have fun and talk football.  I used to think that passing along what I hear makes doing so more enjoyable and sparks far better on-topic conversation(s), but all it seems to do nowadays is interfere with the enjoyment of it all when someone gets sour grapes over something I said.  Too many disagreements end with people coming at my throat with accusations that I’m trying to be something that I’m not, nor is it anything that I want to be, so I’m done.  Rest assured, you won’t have to “gag” or “roll your eyes” anymore.

Now all I ask is that you do me a solid: put me on ignore and don’t respond to any more of my posts because I’ll be doing the same for you.

Loop Waiting GIF

There really wasn’t anything from that article we didn’t know already. The issues with the Jets stem from the owner fawning over a nepo baby QB who didn’t have to do anything. Rodgers is not the problem with the Jets. Zach Wilson, who is back in Utah traveling around with the Brady Bunch will never get it. The QB they committed to for 3 years never lived in New York. That right there is your issue. Rodgers I’m still trying to figure out what he did wrong here
It's ok...5df5e0f6d850bc9662f20b209c64a650.gif