Former NFL GM Michael Lombardi DESTROYS New York Jets coach Robert Saleh!

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a funny statement, but when you break it down, there's indirectly some truth there.

The Chiefs were able to hire Andy Reid back in 2013.  That didn't happen by accident.

The front office built a strong team and Andy Reid was able to win some playoff games with Alex Smith.  That didn't happen by accident.

Reid decided Smith wasn't enough.  He then traded up for Pat Mahomes, who wasn't exactly considered an automatic slam dunk pick by many/most at the time.  Reid then kicked Smith to the curb coming off a career year and handed the keys to Mahomes.  That also didn't happen by accident.

Strong ownership and front office brought Reid to KC.  Reid brought a QB in and won championships as a result.

Culture does matter.  And the owner establishes that culture.  But of course you still need the QB or you'll always have a missing piece.

Having a Franchise QB actually isn’t enough, believe it or not, if your goal is to win a Super Bowl, although that’s what this fan base has been craving for Decades and can’t be blamed for.

Insane stat I heard the other day, out of All the Super Bowl winning teams, 80% of them had a QB that went to the Hall of Fame.  The remaining 20% had an All Time Defense.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a funny statement, but when you break it down, there's indirectly some truth there.

The Chiefs were able to hire Andy Reid back in 2013.  That didn't happen by accident.

The front office built a strong team and Andy Reid was able to win some playoff games with Alex Smith.  That didn't happen by accident.

Reid decided Smith wasn't enough.  He then traded up for Pat Mahomes, who wasn't exactly considered an automatic slam dunk pick by many/most at the time.  Reid then kicked Smith to the curb coming off a career year and handed the keys to Mahomes.  That also didn't happen by accident.

Strong ownership and front office brought Reid to KC.  Reid brought a QB in and won championships as a result.

Culture does matter.  And the owner establishes that culture.  But of course you still need the QB or you'll always have a missing piece.

Excellent point.  Not enough attention is paid by the media and fans to the most important issue and impediment to success: woody Johnson.  He may want to win but he has no idea how to build a championship caliber football organization.    

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, doitny said:

Great line by Asman....you sound like the Jets went 2-15 and not 7-10...sounds like some of you guys.

Good point.  I’m no saleh lover mainly because I think he could’ve pushed them over the top.  At least another two wins was in their grasp.  But there’s a huge difference between a 2-15 team and a9-7 team.  The great bellichicken couldn’t get past 4 wins. A lot of coaches didn’t have the same injury or qb issues and didn’t get to 7 wins.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’ll end up a motivational speaker like Maccagnan.

It’s the eventual career path of all Jet failures who can no longer get jobs in the league.  

This is the way.  

If McCagnon ever spoke at an event… id walk out.  He is a loser.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I feel like money in pro sports has gotten so absurd that once you land at the top and make 5-6 million a year, it’s easy to stop caring. If you asked me if Saleh has lost any sleep over the Jets or losing I’d say no. It’s why that Cimini question about not looking angry got under his skin so much. 

Moreover… they were making 7 figures for a few years before that as coordinators.  But I agree with you.  Same with athletes.   Wilkerson, Richardson etc never were interested in a ring. Just the pay day.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, doitny said:

just because there on the market doesnt mean they would come here. Bill was suppose to be a lock in Atlanta and then that fell through. even Harbough interview for that job. twice.

if we fired Saleh i bet you make this same post with.......and we hired Ulbrich. 

If enough money and power are offered…I’m not sure about that. Given their age I would expect Belichick and Carroll would entertain any job as I don’t think there will be a big market for them.

Vrabel as we seen needs an owner who is dumb (check) and will fawn over him (check) and give him the keys to the organization (I’s expect Woody to do so as he has done with Rodgers).

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Moreover… they were making 7 figures for a few years before that as coordinators.  But I agree with you.  Same with athletes.   Wilkerson, Richardson etc never were interested in a ring. Just the pay day.  

Imagine you’re Woody Johnson on a Sunday morning, you open your paper with your coffee and croissant and you see that your 5 million dollar 43 year old head coach’s goal is to play 1000 different golf courses.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

“Former NFL GM” Lombardi’s HC hires: Rob Chudzinski and Mike Pettine 

1st round draft picks: Barkavious Mingo, Justin Gilbert, and Johnny Manziel

Then what a shocker, he was fired.

Turns out GMs finding success from dozens/hundreds of coach & player options is a lot harder than looking at others’ past failed results and saying they sucked. There aren’t too many who are good at the former, whereas we’re all good at the latter (except Pac, who still had faith in Mike Maccagnan to the bitter end).

Like most here, I am hardly waving pom-poms for either or Douglas right about now, but getting bullets from a failure hack like Lombardi makes them seem more sympathetic if anything.

Exactly!!

If it was so easy, and obvious, how come you didn't do it in Cleveland Mike??

Just asking for a friend.

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh not at the Senior Bowl. Won’t go to the combine. Scratch golfer. Toothpaste salesman. Stair runner. Spent his first season living in a hotel while renovating a mansion that needed to be gutted. It’s fair to ask what’s important to him and if football is actually it. He doesn’t seem to be all that committed. 

Oh come on.....

i dont want to defend him but this is ridiculous: 

is every coach at the senior bowl/combine? NO

He runs stairs to be fit so what

Who on this board has not done home improvement?

He may be a crappy coach but everything u mentioned is bogus. Im sure you were half kidding i hope

• Sympathy 1

what does saleh really do? what r his priorities?  He breathes oxygen, eat food, enjoys a sitcom or two, like to have sex with his wife, he puts windshield washer fluid in his hummer, he changes his ac filters, sounds like he has a LOT more on his mind than football

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I always love the hyperbole behind all this stuff nowadays. Like 80 billion videos per day with titles like Roughneck OBLITERATES highbrow New Yorker in argument about snails and caught on camera! LOL SO EMBARRASSING

Then you click on it and it's just two people having a really dull and boring conversation.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

“Former NFL GM” Lombardi’s HC hires: Rob Chudzinski and Mike Pettine 

1st round draft picks: Barkavious Mingo, Justin Gilbert, and Johnny Manziel

Then what a shocker, he was fired.

Turns out GMs finding success from dozens/hundreds of coach & player options is a lot harder than looking at others’ past failed results and saying they sucked. There aren’t too many who are good at the former, whereas we’re all good at the latter (except Pac, who still had faith in Mike Maccagnan to the bitter end).

Like most here, I am hardly waving pom-poms for either or Douglas right about now, but getting bullets from a failure hack like Lombardi makes them seem more sympathetic if anything.

1000%

50 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If enough money and power are offered…I’m not sure about that. Given their age I would expect Belichick and Carroll would entertain any job as I don’t think there will be a big market for them.

Vrabel as we seen needs an owner who is dumb (check) and will fawn over him (check) and give him the keys to the organization (I’s expect Woody to do so as he has done with Rodgers).

I wound imagine Vrabel despises the Jets.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Oh come on.....

i dont want to defend him but this is ridiculous: 

is every coach at the senior bowl/combine? NO

He runs stairs to be fit so what

Who on this board has not done home improvement?

He may be a crappy coach but everything u mentioned is bogus. Im sure you were half kidding i hope

He’s making 5 million dollars a year to coach football. He’s not coaching high school football.

Every coach is basically there yes. What else does he have to do? Two offseason events that are on your calendar every year. These aren’t surprise events. 

You get your big break as a HC and year 1 you are living with your big family in a hotel while working on gutting a house? Priorities. If I’m Woody I’m looking at that like what are you doing? Rent a house while you get your job in order first. It’s a distraction. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He’s making 5 million dollars a year to coach football. He’s not coaching high school football.

Every coach is basically there yes. What else does he have to do? Two offseason events that are on your calendar every year. These aren’t surprise events. 

You get your big break as a HC and year 1 you are living with your big family in a hotel while working on gutting a house? Priorities. If I’m Woody I’m looking at that like what are you doing? Rent a house while you get your job in order first. It’s a distraction. 

if its true that at least 75% of nfl coaches are there then thats valid. the house thing? no way. you get money you spend on a nice house its human nature. You expect him to rent a room in west orange lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^ Everybody should read this. Well said.  

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

if its true that at least 75% of nfl coaches are there then thats valid. the house thing? no way. you get money you spend on a nice house its human nature. You expect him to rent a room in west orange lol

He was living in a hotel the first season with a wife and 7 kids. I mean yeah that’s a distraction. The house he bought turned into a total sh*tshow because it needed to be gutted and he was suing the GC. I mean you get your first big break as a young HC, dealing with that sh*t is a total distraction. 

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We really don't need Lombardi (jerk) to confirm the obvious.  We all know that Saleh is a meathead and a bad NFL HC.  No surprise.  So Lombardi can go shove it.  

That’s the thing.  There’s no real insight here.  

37 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I wound imagine Vrabel despises the Jets.

Besides Belichick, I think most of that hates the other stuff is overplayed by the media and fans. 

Mangini was Belichick's best friend and went to the Jets. If someone thinks an opportunity is good for them and the money and power is right they'll take it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Imagine you’re Woody Johnson on a Sunday morning, you open your paper with your coffee and croissant and you see that your 5 million dollar 43 year old head coach’s goal is to play 1000 different golf courses.

Those are the people Woody hires.  He is simply not cut out for a competitive business.  Remember Chris kneeling with the players???  Fine, but jeez you have 3 wins.   They dont care about winning.  The NFL unfortunately pays well to lose. We are the Washington Generals in a Globetrotters sense.  

• Upvote 2

You seem to have a real problem with people that make good money. Are you dirt poor or something?

Those are the people Woody hires.  He is simply not cut out for a competitive business.  Remember Chris kneeling with the players???  Fine, but jeez you have 3 wins.   They dont care about winning.  The NFL unfortunately pays well to lose. We are the Washington Generals in a Globetrotters sense.  
Woody didn't hire Saleh. Douglas did.

11 hours ago, bicketybam said:

When it comes to blame for the last 2 seasons the bulk of it is on JD. He handed Saleh this bag of sh*t. The fact that Saleh won 14 games the last two years with the WORST QB room in football is a nothing but short of amazing. But if you are hell bent on blaming Saleh, just ask yourself who hand picked the guy. That would be Douglas.

All of this is on Douglas. Imagine being handed Gase's 2 win roster and the biggest QB bust in the past 2 decades and being expected to win games. Who coaches the Jets to more than 7 wins this past season? I'm all ears.

Ahhh. Good points. So....that begs the question (maybe a survey?): What was Joe Douglas' biggest f-up: Hiring Saleh, or drafting Zack Wilson?

16 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

You seem to have a real problem with people that make good money. Are you dirt poor or something?

wow what an observation Sigmund