Jets Heading Back to London to Face Jaguars in 2024?

Jets in London

Could the New York Jets be heading back to London for another international contest in 2024?  There appears to be a very good chance of that happening after a poster on shared a video that suggested as much.

England native @gustoon took to the platform to share a video he’d received earlier in the day that was reportedly sent to him by fellow user @Coo84_ff.

🇺🇸 fam… whose coming ? #Jetstwitter @nyjets pic.twitter.com/hxJ7YNeDet

— Gus (@Gustoon) February 27, 2024

As you can see, the video is from Wembley Stadium in London and has cameras panning from one end zone to the other with Jets and Jaguars logos showing on the big screen.

The Jaguars of course are confirmed as a 2024 Jets road opponent and they play more games in London than any other club.

So while we make no claim that the video confirms a Jets vs Jags matchup, it certainly makes you wonder if the two teams will be squaring off in London during the 2024 season.

The post Jets Heading Back to London to Face Jaguars in 2024? appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Ugh 1

8 hours ago, JetNation said:

Jets in London

Could the New York Jets be heading back to London for another international contest in 2024?  There appears to be a very good chance of that happening after a poster on shared a video that suggested as much.

England native @gustoon took to the platform to share a video he’d received earlier in the day that was reportedly sent to him by fellow user @Coo84_ff.

🇺🇸 fam… whose coming ? #Jetstwitter @nyjets pic.twitter.com/hxJ7YNeDet

— Gus (@Gustoon) February 27, 2024

As you can see, the video is from Wembley Stadium in London and has cameras panning from one end zone to the other with Jets and Jaguars logos showing on the big screen.

The Jaguars of course are confirmed as a 2024 Jets road opponent and they play more games in London than any other club.

So while we make no claim that the video confirms a Jets vs Jags matchup, it certainly makes you wonder if the two teams will be squaring off in London during the 2024 season.

The post Jets Heading Back to London to Face Jaguars in 2024? appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

Drop Saleh and Hackett off at the Azores on the way there.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

You’re funny 

It was actually a serious question

i dont look at my invoice and I know I should but if it is a jet home game, I assume I pay for one less game or us their the choice to purchase tickets in the same general area if you wish to go?

say my tickets are 150 face is there the so called presale opportunity for ticket holders to get something close prior to general public?

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

It was actually a serious question

i dont look at my invoice and I know I should but if it is a jet home game, I assume I pay for one less game or us their the choice to purchase tickets in the same general area if you wish to go?

say my tickets are 150 face is there the so called presale opportunity for ticket holders to get something close prior to general public?

ok nevermind - i read the above incorrectly and thought it said the jags were a road opponent meaning a jets home game. It is a jags home game so my stuoidity.

it is an interesting question though - if you have a home game that is moved oversees - do you have first crack at tickets or are you in the general pool as anyone else.

I believe Woody and Khan want to move the franchises to the UK, all part of the NFL's plan to expand to Europe, which is an open secret. Many will deny it but I believe this is the plan and the reason why both teams are eager to play there, most likely volunteering to the league offices to schedule them there. We've seen that. Woody enjoyed his time as Ambassador more than most know. The NFL would like to have games played there every week. Creative scheduling can accomplish that. And it's a way to grow their revenue to a wide open and untapped market which is the bottom line. Bringing 2 established teams gives them immediate credibility and I believe the league would assist in financing a new retractable roof, multi purpose stadium there..    

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Trotter said:

ok nevermind - i read the above incorrectly and thought it said the jags were a road opponent meaning a jets home game. It is a jags home game so my stuoidity.

it is an interesting question though - if you have a home game that is moved oversees - do you have first crack at tickets or are you in the general pool as anyone else.

There are different releases of tickets ... I don't know all the details but ahead of a general free-for-all there are opportunities for different purchases. US home fans, fans who have / had season tickets to the London games, that sort of thing. 

24 minutes ago, jamesr said:

There are different releases of tickets ... I don't know all the details but ahead of a general free-for-all there are opportunities for different purchases. US home fans, fans who have / had season tickets to the London games, that sort of thing. 

Thanks and interesting 

so is there such a thing as season tickets to all London games?

On 2/28/2024 at 11:33 AM, ScouserJet said:

Hell, as long as it's not in that hell hole Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, I might even go.

No Chance I'm going that crudhole ever again. Wembley, I may well.

I'll take that stadium over Wembley any day. Far handier to get to and back from than Wembley.

Lots of rumours that it's going to be October 20th, which I'm really hoping they're wrong about. It's ridiculous though, it's only three years since they were last in London, but I guess they want to show off Rodgers. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

I'll take that stadium over Wembley any day. Far handier to get to and back from than Wembley.

Lots of rumours that it's going to be October 20th, which I'm really hoping they're wrong about. It's ridiculous though, it's only three years since they were last in London, but I guess they want to show off Rodgers. 

If you live in London or the surrounding areas it's absolutely perfect.

But for me, it's absolutely garbage. When they first started thefe were fanzones etc to use at Wembley.

Tottenham Stadium is over a mile to nearest tube, can't leave your car near by, it's just a hell hole.

Wembley they've developed so much that it's actually an enjoyable day out.

At least Wembley I can get a train in from WWatford and be home in 3-4 hours. Took nearly 6.5 after the Falcons games, all to sit in a stadium where people genuinely do not care for the game just want a day out.

Sorry for the rant.