If Brock Bowers falls, do we take him?

Obviously we have it set in stone that we are picking an OT at 10. Nearly every mock draft seemed to be leading us in that direction. But, I am seeing Brock Bowers fall to us lately, including Mel Kiper’s latest mock.

i personally feel like we can get enough offensive line help in free agency and later in the draft, to allow us to get a unique playmaker like Bowers. He compares to George Kittle with a championship college career and is a superb talent. It would obviously make Aaron Rodgers happy and give a dynamic to our offense that we have really never had. (And to follow that up, wouldn’t be shocked to see us draft WR Ladd McConkey from Georgia, as well, later on day 2)

Is Brock Bowers an acceptable pick, Jets fans, or will this cause a revolt? This might have been brought up previously, but I haven’t been around much. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

It would be very Jetsy, so yes in play.  No, we shouldn’t pick him at 10.  So pencil him in

Could it break the mold where we finally pick a highly touted TE that pans out for us?. We see how much they can affect offenses with the 2 SB teams being perennial SB contenders with TEs Kelce and Kittle making their teams offenses basically what has them in SB contention every year. We truly do not see WRs have that much of an impact on any offense that makes them SB contenders i.e Diggs can’t get Bills over the hump, Jefferson can’t even get the Vikings to the playoffs every year, heck even all world WR Hill couldn’t get the Fins to win a crucial home game for the division against the Bills, and then couldn’t get them to even be competitive in the playoffs. Jets are so down and out right now maybe Bower is the way to go if he is there and someone to take a chance on. As bad as we are what have we really got to lose.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UnknownJetFan said:

Could it break the mold where we finally pick a highly touted TE that pans out for us?. We see how much they can affect offenses with the 2 SB teams being perennial SB contenders with TEs Kelce and Kittle making their teams offenses basically what has them in SB contention every year. We truly do not see WRs have that much of an impact on any offense that makes them SB contenders i.e Diggs can’t get Bills over the hump, Jefferson can’t even get the Vikings to the playoffs every year, heck even all world WR Hill couldn’t get the Fins to win a crucial home game for the division against the Bills, and then couldn’t get them to even be competitive in the playoffs. Jets are so down and out right now maybe Bower is the way to go if he is there and someone to take a chance on. As bad as we are what have we really got to lose.

Kyle Brady

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Obviously we have it set in stone that we are picking an OT at 10. Nearly every mock draft seemed to be leading us in that direction. But, I am seeing Brock Bowers fall to us lately, including Mel Kiper’s latest mock.

i personally feel like we can get enough offensive line help in free agency and later in the draft, to allow us to get a unique playmaker like Bowers. He compares to George Kittle with a championship college career and is a superb talent. It would obviously make Aaron Rodgers happy and give a dynamic to our offense that we have really never had. (And to follow that up, wouldn’t be shocked to see us draft WR Ladd McConkey from Georgia, as well, later on day 2)

Is Brock Bowers an acceptable pick, Jets fans, or will this cause a revolt? This might have been brought up previously, but I haven’t been around much. 

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Kyle Brady

I mean, it’s not even a remotely comparable player. Kyle Brady was good in college,  Bowers was ridiculous. 

Brady 

4 seasons 76 receptions, 940 yards, 9 TDs

Bowers 

3 seasons 175 receptions, 2,500 yds,  31 TDs and 2 National Championships 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

I mean, it’s not even a remotely comparable player. Kyle Brady was good in college,  Bowers was ridiculous. 

Brady 

4 seasons 76 receptions, 940 yards, 9 TDs

Bowers 

3 seasons 175 receptions, 2,500 yds,  31 TDs and 2 National Championships 

We need OL, if we draft TE.  It translates.

• Haha 1

He's an incredible prospect and the best te prospect I can remember. 

If they signed a legitimate number 2 wr and drafted Bowers plus another wr in the middle rounds that can contribute, we'd be absolutely set. 

The oline because of Rodgers age and realistically having a two year window will probably need a majority of it fixed in free agency obviously if we take Bowers. 

But Bowers with Wilson and just avg oline play is extremely close to Superbowl contender as long as Rodgers stays healthy 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Yes they should.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If you forget about the past TEs the Jets drafted high you’d say yes. He’s an incredible prospect. 

If you don’t want them to draft a TE high because of how the TEs they drafted panned out you might as well not want to draft any position then. The Jets haven’t exactly been the beacon of good draft picks. 

If a top OT isn’t available and no one is offering you an amazing trade I’d say they draft him if he’s available. 

Look how well we did last time we picked an OT high in the first round. ;-) 

• Haha 1

Tough call. Jets obviously need o-line bad. It is rare that a rookie TE makes a big impact. Kyle Pitts was supposed to be a generational TE. He is a nice player but really has not had much of an impact. Another overlooked point is financial/positional value. His slot #10 salary would make him one the highest paid tight ends in the league as a rookie. Kittle, Kelce, etc were all 3rd round picks or later.

• Upvote 3

Another good receiver shouldn’t be discounted but at what cost?  If they can trade back a few spots, pick bowers and still pick up a solid oline man later then maybe it’s something to consider.  But I think it’s going to be tough for them to pass up one of the top tackles at ten.

Im really torn on Bowers, I do believe that he has the tools to become special, but the size and fit for the Jets are something that really concerns me.

Aaron doesn't really like to throw over the middle (see the play where he got injuried), and will Bowers be able to survive taking hits in the NFL? Not a lot of tight ends do, plus he got some miles after playing in the SEC for 3 years.

My preferred way to address this offseason is to get 3 starting OLineman in FA or trade. Where we can go into the draft open minded at 10.

Where if Bowers or a WR falls in our lap at 10 we can take them and it's not a necessity to draft OLine there.

I'd still want to draft an OT or 2 later to develop like Warren. Assuming the OTs we'd bring in would be older vets.

Absolutely 
You can patch together a decent OL with a couple of mid-tier signings.
I fully expect the Jets to add two FA OL and make a move for a receiver to compliment Garrett before the draft rolls around.
What the hell are you talking about .... If this were true the Jets would not be in the position they are now ...with one(maybe 2) competent starters. JD has preached trench play for 5 years .... How is that line looking ...

FML this place ....

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I’m not confident the Jets will know how to utilize him, especially with Conklin and Ruckert, so not sure.

You could say that for any tackle prospect as well. How confident would you be that a) Douglas would pick the right one and b) Carter would know what to do with them. 

At least Bowers would be a stellar building block for the next regime. 

Saying that, my own preference would still be a trade down, take a tackle and recoup a second round pick. If we unable to trade down, I'd be fine with Bowers. 

I cant see us picking Bowers at 10,  TE's typically take a few years to develop. , but the Jets need to show genuine interest in him, like they should, and with some of these QB's, so that if 1 of them falls to 10, hopefully someone trades up and we can recoup some draft picks.

47 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

What the hell are you talking about .... If this were true the Jets would not be in the position they are now ...with one(maybe 2) competent starters. JD has preached trench play for 5 years .... How is that line looking ...

FML this place ....

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The hell do you mean what am I talking about?

Teams do this all the time. The Jets are just stupid and pick the wrong players.

The Jets don’t need to build some kind of dominant OL. They just need a passable line that won’t get Rodgers sh*t clobbered left and right.

• Haha 1