Seahawks release oft injured safety who can't cover

He really hurt Seattles defense and even his first 'all pro' year many people just refused to see his impact on that team.

He had something like 9.5 sacks and that was his big calling card but he was blitzed almost non stop and roamed going forward at the los almost every play.  It put their secondary and their corners at big risk all game long and the true lbs had to cover for his free lancing.  Their overall D ratings were terrible while he got all of his sacks while being lauded as a play maker.  In reality almost any safety in this league would have put up similar numbers if given the freedom to attack every play and put the rest of the D at risk.

As soon as he actually had to have some real SS responsibility he epically failed.

The narrative will be that injuries just caught up with him but in reality he was never really that good at more than about one thing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

The interesting thing about that tweet is that MORE than 95 safeties played in 2023. You would think with some teams locked down at either SS or FS that the number would be way lower. But then again we probably played 6 of them ourselves.

4 hours ago, Pac said:

Another hall of fame career in the making derailed by a rash of injuries. 

Let’s see if he can stay healthy and get back on track.  His time here has passed but interested to see where he winds up. 

LOL.  You think he’s just unlucky and snake-bitten?  If he had any ability to cover he wouldn’t get hurt so often, ya Jamal shill.  

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Number thirty-cringe will go to the Chiefs so when they when it again next year all our lives will be even that much more worse 

It will be the end of me f I have to see Jamal with Jake from State farm or sharing delicious artery clogging food with Andy Reid in commercial after commercial. 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Track down and flounce the weasels who ever said Jamal Adams was good. 

How dare you compare me to that bum. Look at my acceleration, my broad jump, the focus of my killer instinct. The nerve. 

IMG_2414.jpeg

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Number thirty-cringe will go to the Chiefs so when they when it again next year all our lives will be even that much more worse 

Spags would want nothing to do with the player and he does not at all fit that scheme.

I bet he retires when he sees the lack of interest in him.

On 3/6/2024 at 4:27 PM, bicketybam said:
On 3/6/2024 at 4:12 PM, sciond said:
Guess you didn't know what a hard pass means....
smh

It's a play on words. "Easy pass" when Jamal's in coverage. Get it?

not worded well but ok

On 3/5/2024 at 6:20 PM, The Crusher said:

Or….

B7A315A1-4674-4E7E-936F-C3C7D95598A6.gif

I heard that song every morning for 2 years during HS. My cousin is a year older than me and his Plymouth Duster had an 8 Track... and that album was the ONLY cassette he owned. 

I was so happy when my dad helped me get a car. If I never hear Big ol Jet Airliner or that we have to shoe the people with no shoes on their feet again,  it'll still be too soon....

• Upvote 2