NJC - Jerry Jeudy traded to Cleveland for two draft picks I

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Jeudy never amounted to anything to justify his draft position. Not even close. Not sure why he avoids scrutiny and is treated like a top caliber guy.

I thought he was overrated during the draft process.  You don’t draft guys in round 1 whose best attribute is route running.  He’s slightly above a jag and this wr class is good.  The jets can get a better wr if they got a 2nd rounder. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not going to lose sleep over Jerry Jeudy but I sure hope JD's plan for WR2 in 2024 isn't Allen Lazard.

It wasn't his plan last year, when Lazard was coming off a productive season. Doubtful it'd be his plan a year later after Lazard got outright benched on a team that had no one behind him.

I'm more concerned who it is than I am that he'll stay pat with no one else to complement GWilson.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It wasn't his plan last year, when Lazard was coming off a productive season. Doubtful it'd be his plan a year later after Lazard got outright benched on a team that had no one behind him.

I'm more concerned who it is than I am that he'll stay pat with no one else to complement GWilson.

I would say it 100% was his plan last year, you do not pay a guy 44 million over 4 years to be a 3 or 4 WR.

Lazard leap frogged Corey Davis the day he was signed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Jeudy never amounted to anything to justify his draft position. Not even close. Not sure why he avoids scrutiny and is treated like a top caliber guy.

Exactly my thoughts.  Dude might be ok but hasn’t shown anything except that he was overrated 

tha jets shouldn’t be looking for “might be ok” guys   

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Lol at the people knocking the Browns for this trade. They made a great trade here. They gave up garbage and will be getting a 24 yo starting WR.

This is the type of move Douglas should be trying to make. Let’s see if our 5th and 6th round picks produce what Jeudy does going forward.

Is thus the part  I hug you and we console one another and realize Cleveland is a much better destination than the Jets? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetsFlyer said:

we have no number 2's.. no #2 WR and no 2nd round pick. apparently we made an offer.

Our 5&6 would’ve been higher than Cleveland’s. Douglas is clueless if he wouldn’t give them those picks 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

16 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Jets don't have a 5th this year. Talk about clueless 

Indiferenca Ok GIF
sorry, didn’t mean to question your boy. He obviously couldn’t work around an obstacle like not having a 5th round pick…  I mean  how could we expect a GM to do something as difficult as that?

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Lol at the people knocking the Browns for this trade. They made a great trade here. They gave up garbage and will be getting a 24 yo starting WR.

This is the type of move Douglas should be trying to make. Let’s see if our 5th and 6th round picks produce what Jeudy does going forward.

Or better yet, let’s see if the team that drafted him, had him in their locker room and on their roster was right and he wasn’t worth what they were able to get today for him.  
Instead of thinking the other 30 teams were wrong

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or better yet, let’s see if the team that drafted him, had him in their locker room and on their roster was right and he wasn’t worth what they were able to get today for him.  
Instead of thinking the other 30 teams were wrong

Do you say this about every player who gets traded by a team that’s obviously in rebuild mode?

I’d imagine if the Jets were the team who got him, you’d be the one here arguing it was a nice trade.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s definitely strange to see a wave of people mad that we didn’t trade two draft picks for another team’s bust. 

the way to look at it is that, regardless of who we bring in at WR, we ultimately want our starting WR2 to be a a better player than Jerry Jeudy has been. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

It’s definitely strange to see a wave of people mad that we didn’t trade two draft picks for another team’s bust. 

the way to look at it is that, regardless of who we bring in at WR, we ultimately want our starting WR2 to be a a better player than Jerry Jeudy has been. 

I’m convinced most of JN doesn’t watch football.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Top Caliber for a 5th and a 6th ? That pretty much tells me he sucks just like the numbers say he does