NJC - Jerry Jeudy traded to Cleveland for two draft picks I

HAHAHA Jeudy gets shipped off to the Mistake by the Lake Cleveland. YIKES! To go from beautiful Mountain High Dever to crime ridden, rusted out Cleveland is gonna suck for him. Even Labron who said he loved it there couldn't get out fast enough. They have two restaurants, one night club, and 12 strip clubs.

That's the only part that sucks about being a pro athlete...you just never know what city will be your home next season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

HAHAHA Jeudy gets shipped off to the Mistake by the Lake Cleveland. YIKES! To go from beautiful Mountain High Dever to crime ridden, rusted out Cleveland is gonna suck for him. Even Labron who said he loved it there couldn't get out fast enough. They have two restaurants, one night club, and 12 strip clubs.

That's the only part that sucks about being a pro athlete...you just never know what city will be your home next season.

You’ve got my attention… Tell me more about the strip clubs

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

https://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM?si=d0pRSJAOOGfV2VG2

• Haha 2

I think Jeudy is due about 13 in 2024 and he's a UFA in 2025. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/jerry-jeudy-47609/ Look he's a good player but Payton didn't want him around. And traded him for a 5th and a 6th not much for a player of his talent. He never struck me as a team player but look at some of the players that have gone through Cleveland in recent years. Great talent esp at the WR position. 

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Do you say this about every player who gets traded by a team that’s obviously in rebuild mode?

I’d imagine if the Jets were the team who got him, you’d be the one here arguing it was a nice trade.

No just the ones where the argument is being made just to bitch about.  He’s not going to be the only WR available. 

8 hours ago, Tooooon said:

2 draft picks and 13 mil next year for a guy who never hit 1k yards. No thanks.

You realize only 28 WRs hit 1k yards last year, right? So not even every #1 WR in the league managed 1k yards. A 5th and 6th for a legit #2 guy is good value.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No just the ones where the argument is being made just to bitch about.  He’s not going to be the only WR available. 

I think Jeudy was a good get at that price, but that’s tbd, I suppose. Let’s see who we get, and at what cost.

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Top Caliber for a 5th and a 6th ? That pretty much tells me he sucks just like the numbers say he does

Im referring to how he is viewed by most fans. The league knows he sucks.

While we debate if this is a good move or not, we are signing Mr Jack sh*t at wide receiver, we are one injury away from Allan Lizard being your #No1 receiver, let that sink in. Plus last time I looked Cleveland are in the AFC so they just got better. Get ready for the best thing about 2024 will be the new uniforms.

On 3/9/2024 at 3:37 PM, Beerfish said:

I would say it 100% was his plan last year, you do not pay a guy 44 million over 4 years to be a 3 or 4 WR.

Lazard leap frogged Corey Davis the day he was signed.

Your saying it doesn't make it so.

If that was the case they'd have simply cut Davis (or put a salary squeeze on him) rather than keep him on the roster at the same pay as Lazard. They certainly wouldn't have kept a light on for Davis to return whenever he felt like it, under the same contract terms, once he'd made the announcement.

Lazard's $11MM/year contract was in line with contracts previously given to Michael Gallup / Russell Gage for a ~50 yard/game starting WR3 whom they hope has untapped potential for more.Lazard was brought in to be the WR3 behind Davis (or anyway the distinction hardly mattered as they don't start a FB or 2 TEs anyway). Davis was inked here as a borderline WR1/2. Then (at least the plan) was to have a borderline WR2/3 when Davis would miss his eventual starts to injury so they wouldn't be down to a WR4/5 when it happened again.

Obviously they didn't foresee the collapse of the entire WR corps outside of Wilson or they would have gone in another direction in hindsight.If it had been a stronger class of FA WRs, Lazard probably would've commanded a little less; it was thinner so he got a little more (plus make it more enticing for Rodgers to keep his interest in a trade to the Jets rather than another team that might've signed his buddies). 

41 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Your saying it doesn't make it so.

If that was the case they'd have simply cut Davis (or put a salary squeeze on him) rather than keep him on the roster at the same pay as Lazard. They certainly wouldn't have kept a light on for Davis to return whenever he felt like it, under the same contract terms, once he'd made the announcement.

Lazard's $11MM/year contract was in line with contracts previously given to Michael Gallup / Russell Gage for a ~50 yard/game starting WR3 whom they hope has untapped potential for more.Lazard was brought in to be the WR3 behind Davis (or anyway the distinction hardly mattered as they don't start a FB or 2 TEs anyway). Davis was inked here as a borderline WR1/2. Then (at least the plan) was to have a borderline WR2/3 when Davis would miss his eventual starts to injury so they wouldn't be down to a WR4/5 when it happened again.

Obviously they didn't foresee the collapse of the entire WR corps outside of Wilson or they would have gone in another direction in hindsight.If it had been a stronger class of FA WRs, Lazard probably would've commanded a little less; it was thinner so he got a little more (plus make it more enticing for Rodgers to keep his interest in a trade to the Jets rather than another team that might've signed his buddies). 

Has anyone adequately explained the disaster that was Allen Lazard last year.  I mean and $11 million signing who was a healthy scratch much of the year is pretty head scratching.  

Has anyone adequately explained the disaster that was Allen Lazard last year.  I mean and $11 million signing who was a healthy scratch much of the year is pretty head scratching.  
He played in 14 games and started 12. He wasn't good but he wasn't a healthy scratch for most of the year.

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Jeudy never amounted to anything to justify his draft position. Not even close. Not sure why he avoids scrutiny and is treated like a top caliber guy.

No he's not a #1 but he's a solid #2 who we could have used for that cheap a price. 

6 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

No he's not a #1 but he's a solid #2 who we could have used for that cheap a price. 

I would not have given up draft picks for a guy that never came close to performing as high as his hype, when he’s going to also need a second contract soon.

He isn’t even better than Josh Reynolds. That should be the low bar.