Possible Suitor for Wilson

22 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

yet the people who drafted him, played him before he should have, ignored his so called bad attitude, ignored his lack of knowledge of the playbook, they all get away without a scratch, and half the nitwits on this board want to let the same people draft another high QB, go figure...

That wouldn’t be me

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He will be traded for a late round pick swap at he draft by some team realizing the draft did not provide them with enough QB prospect depth

By my count about 21 or so of the 31 other teams look pretty well set at their QB1-QB3 spots.  Given most draft classes have double digit QBs selected, I doubt there will be any teams out there unhappy with their QB depth entering camp.  

Zach may well be viewed as a QB4 at this point.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

By my count about 21 or so of the 31 other teams look pretty well set at their QB1-QB3 spots.  Given most draft classes have double digit QBs selected, I doubt there will be any teams out there unhappy with their QB depth entering camp.  

Zach may well be viewed as a QB4 at this point.  

He is still a better long shot prospect than some lower end guys in this draft such as Hartman or Milton.   His salary is what is keeping him off another team right now.  If he gets cut or the jets eat salary some team will take him on.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

29 pages on Zach Wilson 

Zach Wilson, the #2 overall pick and three year historic-bust starting QB of the NY Jets?

Yeah, why would anyone be interested in that topic eh.

Maybe you should start a thread on Bowers, I am sure there are new things to be said about him.

Or maybe about Aaron Rodgers, I have no doubt there is so new angle you could talk about.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is still a better long shot prospect than some lower end guys in this draft such as Hartman or Milton.   His salary is what is keeping him off another team right now.  If he gets cut or the jets eat salary some team will take him on.

If another team takes him on he’ll have to make the roster as a 3. Which he’s never actually had to do in the league yet. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

29 pages on Zach Wilson 

And none on the people who drafted him, developed him, played him, kept playing him. Weird, it’s almost like all our problems will be magically solved when we cut our 3rd string qb, I was wrong about jet fans, they are much smarter than I give them credit for 

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He'll get picked up if cut, yes.  But I don't see a trade of any kind being possible any longer, even if the Jets eat nearly all the money in the deal. 

He has 1 year left on his deal.  Why do a 7th round pick swap for Zach, then have to decided on extending him, when you could just use that same 7th rounder on a dirt cheap rookie QB arriving on a 4-year deal?

And if Zach can't be traded and Woody's comment about not cutting him is to be taken seriously....he's back next year.  Thus sucking up the QB3 spot and preseason snaps away from a rookie QB we should be taking instead.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And if Zach can't be traded and Woody's comment about not cutting him is to be taken seriously....he's back next year.  Thus sucking up the QB3 spot and preseason snaps away from a rookie QB we should be taking instead.

That’s what’s exactly happening. Wilson gave the Jets his desired locations, which didn’t come through on a trade. Now, we’ll see dribs and drabs of damage control from both sides (Woody already gave us a peek). Watching Saleh pump up Zach again this year while keeping a straight face will at least be entertaining.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach Wilson, the #2 overall pick and three year historic-bust starting QB of the NY Jets?

Maybe you should start a thread on Bowers, I am sure there are new things to be said about him.

Or maybe about Aaron Rodgers, I have no doubt there is so new angle you could talk about.

Maybe the morons who made him the biggest bust? Who are still very much around and may get another draft pick to bust on? I know I know, that’s a crazy thought, I just can’t wait till he’s cut And we can win the SB he’s stopping us from at 3rd string qb

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That’s what’s exactly happening. Wilson gave the Jets his desired locations, which didn’t come through on a trade. Now, we’ll see dribs and drabs of damage control from both sides (Woody already gave us a peek). Watching Saleh pump up Zach again this year while keeping a straight face will at least be entertaining.

It’s nauseating. The player on this team that is by far the worst at his position than any other is holding this team hostage. If this guy ever gets in the building again I could see another IK incident.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If another team takes him on he’ll have to make the roster as a 3. Which he’s never actually had to do in the league yet. 

He is easily good enough to be a #3 in this league, despite what we think of him here.   He'll be 25 to start the year has had 30 games under his belt and has a good arm and some mobility.   He obviously stinks at most other things thus his present situation but league experience means something if you are taking a flyer on a #3 guy.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is easily good enough to be a #3 in this league, despite what we think of him here.   He'll be 25 to start the year has had 30 games under his belt and has a good arm and some mobility.   He obviously stinks at most other things thus his present situation but league experience means something if you are taking a flyer on a #3 guy.  

What first round QBs stick around the league after they’ve been demoted to a #3? It’s generally over by that point.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Just curious, who and when, if you're JD?

Honestly I have done very little research on this draft so I'd have to defer to others on the mid-late round QBs.  I just think we should really look to take a QB somewhere in the Rd 4-7 range.  In the worst-case-scenario situation where both Rodgers and the injury prone Taylor go down, it would be nice to have a rookie next in line to get a nice look at.  

And, really, it makes sense to be taking a QB in that range in basically every draft, anyways.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He is easily good enough to be a #3 in this league, despite what we think of him here.    

Easily good enough?  The only reason you think that is he has a lot of starts under his belt.  If Clayton Tune got as many starts as Zach in his career he'd probably put up comparable or better career numbers.

If the league truly felt that Zach was a high-end QB3 he'd have probably been moved already. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Honestly I have done very little research on this draft so I'd have to defer to others on the mid-late round QBs.  I just think we should really look to take a QB somewhere in the Rd 4-7 range.  In the worst-case-scenario situation where both Rodgers and the injury prone Taylor go down, it would be nice to have a rookie next in line to get a nice look at.  

And, really, it makes sense to be taking a QB in that range in basically every draft, anyways.

Zach splitting preseason reps with Boyle last year was maddening. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

He’s a BUST many of us knew it when they drafted Peter Pan …get over it already and FTR I never started any threads on Rodgers or Bowers. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It's not that he can't be a good 3.  It's that he would be far and away the highest paid 3 in the league.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He’s a BUST many of us knew it when they drafted Peter Pan …get over it already and FTR I never started any threads on Rodgers or Bowers. 

If you were so 'over it' yourself.....why did you open the thread?  

You're aware you are part of the 29 pages you're critical of, right?

On 4/17/2024 at 4:08 PM, mrcoops said:

I looked at the sale listing of Zach's house out of sheer nosiness earlier today.

I have never seen a more bland, nondescript looking house. It was like an off-the shelf show home with zero warmth or individuality.

It does feed into the "was Zach ever fully committed to NY" argument. He often seemed to spend as much time as possible in Utah, and his spartan and - for an NFL QB - undersized house does add to the feeling that he was never going to be a Jet for the long term.

You mean the pre furnished condo for a guy who signed a  30 million dollar contract didn’t scream commitment to you?

• Haha 3

On 4/17/2024 at 3:41 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He'll get picked up if cut, yes.  But I don't see a trade of any kind being possible any longer, even if the Jets eat nearly all the money in the deal. 

He has 1 year left on his deal.  Why do a 7th round pick swap for Zach, then have to decided on extending him, when you could just use that same 7th rounder on a dirt cheap rookie QB arriving on a 4-year deal?

I think we can all agree we don’t want to see Wilson touch a football for this team anymore. But if we can’t trade him. We should just keep him. No sense of eating up that money for someone else to pick him up. All while he’s younger or the same age as most the QBs in this draft. I don’t mean don’t draft a late QB. I’d wait and see how the draft falls before doing anything.

For example if we use a 4tg on Pratt or Travis. We now have a decent investment in them. So likely we might cut Wilson. But not sure I’m cutting him if we draft Hartman in the 7th.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we can all agree we don’t want to see Wilson touch a football for this team anymore. But if we can’t trade him. We should just keep him. No sense of eating up that money for someone else to pick him up. All while he’s younger or the same age as most the QBs in this draft. I don’t mean don’t draft a late QB. I’d wait and see how the draft falls before doing anything.

For example if we use a 4tg on Pratt or Travis. We now have a decent investment in them. So likely we might cut Wilson. But not sure I’m cutting him if we draft Hartman in the 7th.

Keeping Zach Wilson is dead weight, a distraction, a roster spot, and less snaps in camp, practice and preseason games for a young QB who will actually be here in 2025.

No thanks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Keeping Zach Wilson is dead weight, a distraction, a roster spot, and less snaps in camp, practice and preseason games for a young QB who will actually be here in 2025.

No thanks.

It’s a little sad that Zach has Steve Young out there lobbying for him with other teams and even he can’t convince any of them to cough up a seventh round pick swap.

• Upvote 1