Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You just posed the question on why it happens more frequently here.

I suggest re-reading the posts in question Matt, as I never asked that question.  

I said it (mass shooting/gun violence) happens more frequently here. 

I never asked why it does, nor did I solicit opinions as to how to fix it.

Excellent example of the post I made this morning in live action.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Says he’s not “of the opinion” that “the events didn’t take place.” Consciously avoids any position on 2A. Refers to “identifying the signs” to prevent blah blah blah. It’s a solid enough mea culpa to defuse the news cycle but vague enough to avoid alienating libertarians later on. Glad he posted it, though. Jets have enough problems. 

I agree with both points, oddly worded and the Jets have enough problems 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I guess it comes to the point where you have to ask people why they embrace conspiracy theories and fact free disinformation. The bottom line it's on them. If they block out facts and accept made up claims. And we heard a lot of them lately esp during the pandemic when the entire country and world faced a mental health crisis. So if something backs your pov you like it even though probably false. It's like 1984 and scary. There are some around that encourage this. And what are their motives? Make things up etc. Do I have to mention names? It's really up to us to call this out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Rodgers leaving could be the best thing for this regime

imagine a world where we draft a QB in the first and he is actually good enough to beat out tyrod in camp, goes on to have a great rookie year like Russ Wilson’s 

that could save the legacy of JD and Saleh and the future of this franchise for 15 + years VS this one shot in the dark with a one legged, undecided 40 year old hippie 

Just leave Rodgers go run for office 

i imagine a world that we keep going the FA route. after Rodgers leaves try for the best FA again. maybe we get lucky and a Kurt Cousins TYPE is available and can play here for 6 years like what happened in Minnesota.

unlike you and others i dont think this roster is crap. and we have a nice core of young players we all want to keep. if Rodgers left and we draft a QB at 10 and he turns out to suck like Zach or Mac Jones all those guys will never re-sign here. then we really will have to start over again.

draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th rd. no pressure to play him and if he plays we know he deserves it. draft a QB at 10 and he will be handed the job just like Zach, Sanchez, Darnold....

we just cant afford to gamble like that again, not with all these young kids contracts up in a year or 2.

• Upvote 1

Oh no not Private conversations!!

Whether it occurred or not I have a hard time giving a damn when athletes such as Kyrie and potential Politicians like Cornell West have said absolutely awful things...IN PUBLIC...and not a damn thing happened to them.

Trying to tear him down to tear down nutjob RFK (who wont snif the presidency btw) suggested him as a running mate??? There is just no low our media will not sink to.

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sounds like a politician to me.

@bicketybam

I am curious as to why you would downvote this.

It doesn't bother me at all that you did, but a legit curiosity.  That Tweet, to me, reads very much like the tweet of a politician. 

Do you think it doesn't?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

@bicketybam

I am curious as to why you would downvote this.

It doesn't bother me at all that you did, but a legit curiosity.  That Tweet, to me, reads very much like the tweet of a politician. 

Do you think it doesn't?

I think no matter what he said you and many other would have an issue with it, especially a Zach Truther like yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I think no matter what he said you and many other would have an issue with it, especially a Zach Truther like yourself.

That is a very strange response to a legitimate question.  

Good for you I guess.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Yup 

well I did edit it and say that's going to be funny for all the haters I guess.

They did ignore Kennedy and now our quarterback could bring a lot of attention maybe he does it just to the start of the season.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Corn said:

well I did edit it and say that's going to be funny for all the haters I guess.

They did ignore Kennedy and now our quarterback could bring a lot of attention maybe he does it just to the start of the season.

It’s crazy he chooses the start of free agency to do this and his teammates have to be side eyeing him right now with all those distraction comments he made

Regardless if he plays for us or not this year, this is not a good omen for our season

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It’s crazy he chooses the start of free agency to do this and his teammates have to be side eyeing him right now with all those distraction comments he made

Regardless if he plays for us or not this year, this is not a good omen for our season

You would think this would be something he has to be thinking about, which also leads me to believe it's possible he's actually going to be RFK's guy.

If he wasn't really expecting it I can't imagine he would be allowing this to happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You would think this would be something he has to be thinking about, which also leads me to believe it's possible he's actually going to be RFK's guy.

If he wasn't really expecting it I can't imagine he would be allowing this to happen.

This 

I agree 100%

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There could be a political reason to let this play out over the next couple weeks.

RFK's ticket likely hurts one of the legit nominees.  

The Jets owner and Arod may not like that nominee.  

Even if Arod isn't RFK's choice (no way imo)...  this is still getting RFK talked about.  Which is great in this case.  Good or bad, the more people thinking of RFK, the better for them.

It doesn't take much for a 3rd party option to flip things.  See green party in Midwestern states in 2016.

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Have all 7,000 of your posts been this pathetic?  A brief sampling suggests yes, absolutely.  Just confirming though.

go to your safe space & have a good cry.