Something we don't want to talk about with Rodgers

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why are you the way that you are?

Why is it so bad that I think a soon to be 41 year old QB, coming off major surgery.  While two years ago he had his worst season since his rookie year - is shot?

Frankly, I feel like one of the few people here that are being realistic as to what Rodgers is right now.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why is it so bad that I think a soon to be 41 year old QB, coming off major surgery.  While two years ago he had his worst season since his rookie year - is shot?

Frankly, I feel like one of the few people here that are being realistic as to what Rodgers is right now.  

Still waiting for you to smash the thumb of your throwing hand with a mallet and try to throw a football.

#bookmark

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I’m with you Fido. I was 100% A-Rod until his Achilles exploded after 4 plays. I simply don’t trust it. If our opener is a home game on that turf I’ll need a sedative. Miserable. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He didn't get hurt on the first play he got hurt after three plays being murdered out there. 

He looked gun shy, like he didn't know what to do. Look I'll admit I am the biggest fan of Rodgers as a jet and I have no doubt he leads us to the promise land with this team 

BUT you saw well as I what those plays looked like and how he just took the hits.

Was it first drive jitters? Too big a moment?? Was it just poor line and what we found out later, the play designs and calls were crap?

I don't know but I know it wasn't all sunshine and rainbow with 8 under center. He looks indecisive and like he was lost in headlights before he got hurt.

Maybe my memory is wrong and someone else knows better but as far as I know Rodgers is healthy, the line should be more that good as of right now with no other additions but man if Rodgers gets three pass plays to open the season and Wilson is our only option at wr I'm a little worried. 

It did not look good last year before the injury. Hackett better not ruin this season too 

Didn’t even read half of that, you’re putting too much emphasis on 3 plays. That’s about 5% of 1 game. Or 0.29% of the season. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Still waiting for you to smash the thumb of your throwing hand with a mallet and try to throw a football.

#bookmark

I really hope you're not hanging your hat on the hope that Rodgers was a middle of the pack QB two years ago (before the injury) and that was only because of a sore thumb.

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's washed 

It's all over but the cap hits 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

#bookmark

Isn’t Rodgers on record downplaying this injury entirely? Didn’t he say it only affected like 1/1000 throws and it was harder to play with his knee inury?

his 2022 season looked like the beginning  of the end IMO

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

@BornJetsFan1983 Skiddish or not, it really doesn't matter. He's going to be the QB this year. I could tell you he's going to win a SB, or blow chunks - you're still gonna have to sit through it. 

Some forms of speculative discourse are useless. This is one of them.

Sure. But it's something interesting to talk about and something I have put in the back of my head not really wanting to break it down. 

I mean sure bad plays, bad blocks all that, but we all saw how he looked. It was weird and not a lot of time talking about that. - I can't wait to watch it play out this season. Put me on side of SB!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

It's a bad take but it's not the first time I've seen it posted. I've seen it mentioned numerous times on this forum. I guess it depends on who is delivering the message whether it gets mocked or if it gets praised. Tough crowd.

For the record, I thinks it's a bad take no matter who floats it out there.

Wait what is the bad take? 

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

A welcome change after three years of being unrealistic about Zach.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

In Super Bowls he has a steely eyed disposition. His first plays with the Jets he is nervous because  he his trying to impress Jetnation.

Makes sense. 

He def had a lot on us mind and pressure. The real pressure from bad block didn't help 

Haha I never thought Aaron Rodger would look nervous but he did. 

Of he didn't get hurt it would have given him time to recover. But it was very weird he looked like a different QB in that serie

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I really hope you're not hanging your hat on the hope that Rodgers was a middle of the pack QB two years ago (before the injury) and that was only because of a sore thumb.

Rodgers was a top half of the league QB playing with a broken thumb in his throwing hand and throwing to a bunch of rookies, Lazard and Cobb. Sore thumb, derp.

I'm worried about 2 things when it comes to Rodgers.

1. Can he stay healthy.
  2. Can we upgrade the WR corps?

If those two things are true he'll be at worst a top half of the league QB. Even if they don't improve the WR's he has a top end WR closer to Davante Adams in G Wilson.

The idea that 34 year old never has been Tyrod Taylor MiGHt Be bETteR tHAn hIM is nothing more than a troll play.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nania had the All-22 on the play(s) and he guessed that Rodgers was trying to open the game with a deep shot, but the bad cut blocks didn’t give him time, and Rodgers should have been aware of that. On the specific play where he gets hurt, Uzomah was coming open down the seam. Points to several concerns: 1. Why is Keith Carter still here? 2. Direct result of Rodgers not facing enough live fire in camp and preseason—not that you want to expose Rodgers to injury, but the disconnect between what the OL was doing and how Rodgers likes to manipulate the pocket should have been identified and corrected in July and August. 3. Rodgers pulling some primadonna sh*t that got him wrecked, for which he didn’t take responsibility. 

Wow great response 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9as0sn17pfwgjqokstsae

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I agree we all noticed it, but again... 4 plays.

My much bigger concern is that the OL coach and the Offensive Coordinator were not on the same page as far as what blocking schemes to use on what plays. An offense isn't supposed to be a cobbling together of different positon groups. It should be a cohesive, coordinated unit in which every block and every route is designed to complement. Seems to me Hackett says "you guys figure out how to block,  my receivers will do this..."

I HATE this coaching staff if that's not obvious. The Jets may well put out one of the more talented teams in the league this year. Does anyone believe they're going to outcoach say, Andy Reid and Spagnolo in the playoffs?

💯

Rodgers had a strained calf all through pre-season.  He may not have been 100%.  Plus he had Hackett in his ear calling plays.  I’m sure a sense of reality sunk in before taking the snap.

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Rodgers was a top half of the league QB playing with a broken thumb in his throwing hand and throwing to a bunch of rookies, Lazard and Cobb. Sore thumb, derp.

I'm worried about 2 things when it comes to Rodgers.

1. Can he stay healthy.
  2. Can we upgrade the WR corps?

If those two things are true he'll be at worst a top half of the league QB. Even if they don't improve the WR's he has a top end WR closer to Davante Adams in G Wilson.

The idea that 34 year old never has been Tyrod Taylor MiGHt Be bETteR tHAn hIM is nothing more than a troll play.

Middle of the pack.  Just doing a quick search:  Rodgers #14 on QB Index...

NFL QB Index: Ranking all 32 teams' primary starting quarterbacks at the end of the 2022 regular season

QBR he was #26
2022 NFL Season Leaders Total QBR | ESPN

Let's try it this way.   What's more likely?

1) Middle of the pack 2022, 39 year old Rodgers, who then had a season ending Torn Achiles on the 4th play in his 2023 and then find the fountain of youth at 41 in 2024

OR

2) He's an aging athlete that started to show real decline at 39 and now two years later - after a major injury - is likely show further decline and not be close to the QB he used to be

Again - if you're being honest, which one is more likely?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

NFL QB Index: Ranking all 32 teams' primary starting quarterbacks at the end of the 2022 regular season

QBR he was #26

1) Middle of the pack 2022, 39 year old Rodgers, who then had a season ending Torn Achiles on the 4th play in his 2023 and then find the fountain of youth at 41 in 2024

OR

2) He's an aging athlete that started to show real decline at 39 and now two years later - after a major injury - is likely show further decline and not be close to the QB he used to be

Rodgers 91.1 passer rating in 2022 would rank as the 2nd best rating of Jets starting QB in the last 21 seasons. The immortal Josh McCown is #1 with a 94.5 in 2017. Rodgers doesn't have to go back to MVP form in order to be the best QB we've had since Namath. Sorry your boy couldn't crack a 77. Don't take that out on Rodgers.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

QBR he was #26

OR

He doesn’t have to be close to what he used to be.  The Jets have one of the best OC’s and HC’s in the NFL.  The Jets went to two AFC championship games with Sanchez and the dolt Ryan as HC and a lawyer playing GM.  

Bobby Saleh will figure out a way.  Hackett will finally realize that it’s called the “Red Zone” and JD is about to have a draft where the WR doesn’t ask to be traded by week 4.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Isn’t Rodgers on record downplaying this injury entirely? Didn’t he say it only affected like 1/1000 throws and it was harder to play with his knee inury?

his 2022 season looked like the beginning  of the end IMO

The Packers didn’t think he was done.  They held out for crazy compensation as if he was still an MVP QB.

27 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Rodgers 91.1 passer rating in 2022 would rank as the 2nd best rating of Jets starting QB in the last 21 seasons. The immortal Josh McCown is #1 with a 94.5 in 2017. Rodgers doesn't have to go back to MVP form in order to be the best QB we've had since Namath. Sorry your boy couldn't crack a 77. Don't take that out on Rodgers.

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

Again, we don’t need Rodgers to be an all-time great anymore. We need him to be better than average. We need to be competitive at the QB position, not elite. 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He looked fine in the little preseason part but was deer in the headlights on that first drive.   He froze on a simple play in which a 20 year seasoned vet should have gotten rid of the ball.

Remember this is what we are getting going into this year.

A guy who's last year in Green Bay was his worst since his rookie year in which they lost the last game of the year at home and missed the playoffs.  The same team looked really good this year and Love was far better than rodgers had been the year before.

A full year out of the game.

Coming off an Achilles tear.

40 plus years old.

I think his arm is fine but less mobility and not sure about the head space, he has to be extra good becasue he is getting zero help from an oc.

Going after him was a mistake.  Carr would have been better.

No Hackett

No Lazard

No Boyle

No Turner 

We would have draft picks to keep building with.

We would have drafted an OT last year instead of a GD tweener.

We would have a 2nd rounder in a WR, OT, QB heavy draft.

Aaron Rodgers was a horrible decision.  Keeping JD and BS was bad as well.

What failed strategy will they dust off for next year?

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Packers didn’t think he was done.  They held out for crazy compensation as if he was still an MVP QB.

That’s a GM doing his job. Jets were the only game in town and he squeezed Douglas awfully well.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He looked fine in the little preseason part but was deer in the headlights on that first drive.   He froze on a simple play in which a 20 year seasoned vet should have gotten rid of the ball.

Remember this is what we are getting going into this year.

A guy who's last year in Green Bay was his worst since his rookie year in which they lost the last game of the year at home and missed the playoffs.  The same team looked really good this year and Love was far better than rodgers had been the year before.

A full year out of the game.

Coming off an Achilles tear.

40 plus years old.

I think his arm is fine but less mobility and not sure about the head space, he has to be extra good becasue he is getting zero help from an oc.

He was a deer in headlights because Duane Brown was a turnstile who should have retired before last season.

18 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He was a deer in headlights because Duane Brown was a turnstile who should have retired before last season.

Duane Brown cut blocked on that play as the tackle, had done on play one.   When the tackle cut blocks you have to get rid of the ball immediately.   Stupid play, stupid play call but none the less he froze, held the ball and got sacked and hurt.

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He def had a lot on us mind and pressure. The real pressure from bad block didn't help 

Haha I never thought Aaron Rodger would look nervous but he did. 

Of he didn't get hurt it would have given him time to recover. But it was very weird he looked like a different QB in that serie

I was in a bar that Monday night with one eye watching Dinosaur Jr and the other watching the tv, so I can't tell you what he was thinking. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Going after him was a mistake.  Carr would have been better.

No Hackett

No Lazard

No Boyle

No Turner 

We would have draft picks to keep building with.

We would have drafted an OT last year instead of a GD tweener.

We would have a 2nd rounder in a WR, OT, QB heavy draft.

Aaron Rodgers was a horrible decision.  Keeping JD and BS was bad as well.

What failed strategy will they dust off for next year?

You can argue AR8 was a mistake but I don't want to hear that Derek Carr would've been better.  I wanted no part of Carr then or now.  Or ever.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

Again, we don’t need Rodgers to be an all-time great anymore. We need him to be better than average. We need to be competitive at the QB position, not elite. 

Quick. Name the last team to win a Super Bowl with just a "competitive" QB.

Would that be a big change for THIS franchise? Sure. But we've a LOT further away from elite than most think. 

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Would that be a big change for THIS franchise? Sure. But we've a LOT further away from elite than most think. 

A competitor isn't going to get it done!

Competitor.jpg.05afc382f5580d2209d0bfc30eabd49b.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Foles in 2017? Goff, Jimmy G, and Purdy have all played in a SB in recent years and two of those guys got really close to winning it. 

Either way, I just want to make the playoffs. You get into the tournament with a really good defense/ST and a healthy Rodgers (even if past his prime) and you have a puncher’s chance in any game. 

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

If ever there was a small sample size in football, this would be it.

He got 4 plays. One of which was a throw for a first down. I don't think you can really conclude anything. 

???

Aaron Rodgers has never completed a regular season pass for the NYJ

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Baby steps.