Something we don't want to talk about with Rodgers

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He looked fine in the little preseason part but was deer in the headlights on that first drive.   He froze on a simple play in which a 20 year seasoned vet should have gotten rid of the ball.

Remember this is what we are getting going into this year.

A guy who's last year in Green Bay was his worst since his rookie year in which they lost the last game of the year at home and missed the playoffs.  The same team looked really good this year and Love was far better than rodgers had been the year before.

A full year out of the game.

Coming off an Achilles tear.

40 plus years old.

I think his arm is fine but less mobility and not sure about the head space, he has to be extra good becasue he is getting zero help from an oc.

Ugh. Perpetual axe to grind. You've become mini-Bitonti.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He didn't get hurt on the first play he got hurt after three plays being murdered out there. 

He looked gun shy, like he didn't know what to do. Look I'll admit I am the biggest fan of Rodgers as a jet and I have no doubt he leads us to the promise land with this team 

BUT you saw well as I what those plays looked like and how he just took the hits.

Was it first drive jitters? Too big a moment?? Was it just poor line and what we found out later, the play designs and calls were crap?

I don't know but I know it wasn't all sunshine and rainbow with 8 under center. He looks indecisive and like he was lost in headlights before he got hurt.

Maybe my memory is wrong and someone else knows better but as far as I know Rodgers is healthy, the line should be more that good as of right now with no other additions but man if Rodgers gets three pass plays to open the season and Wilson is our only option at wr I'm a little worried. 

It did not look good last year before the injury. Hackett better not ruin this season too 

Great post and 100% accurate.

Every fan that’s being honest would have to agree with this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Someone brought this up shortly after his injury as well.  Trying to come up with some deep thesis about how Rodgers might be washed because of how he looked on 4 plays is about as reactionary as it gets.  

Bonkers!

The OL was a sieve that 1st series and AR did hold onto the ball too long looking for the home run instead of taking the 5 yard gain.

That said, with the changes to the OL and the expectation of a healthy AVT return, Rodgers will have more than 2.5 seconds to go through his progressions. He will need to realize his health is way more important than one offensive series. Got to throw that ball away if the play’s not there… especially with our defense.

• Upvote 4

Fredo and beerfish in their bag with this thread.

Brady took 8 or 9 games to get comfortable in Tampa. Can we give this Mt Rushmore QB the benefit of more than his first 4 plays on 9/11 on a brand new team? Absurd thread and responses by some of you. Be better. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Nania had the All-22 on the play(s) and he guessed that Rodgers was trying to open the game with a deep shot, but the bad cut blocks didn’t give him time, and Rodgers should have been aware of that. On the specific play where he gets hurt, Uzomah was coming open down the seam. Points to several concerns: 1. Why is Keith Carter still here? 2. Direct result of Rodgers not facing enough live fire in camp and preseason—not that you want to expose Rodgers to injury, but the disconnect between what the OL was doing and how Rodgers likes to manipulate the pocket should have been identified and corrected in July and August. 3. Rodgers pulling some primadonna sh*t that got him wrecked, for which he didn’t take responsibility. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nania had the All-22 on the play(s) and he guessed that Rodgers was trying to open the game with a deep shot, but the bad cut blocks didn’t give him time, and Rodgers should have been aware of that.

On point. Those cut blocks were horrendous. Too many variables with a cut block. Just get in front of the player, get hold of his chest and stand him up for 3-4 seconds. The DLmen of today are too agile & too fast to get chopped by a lumbering OL. 

• Upvote 2

He didn't get hurt on the first play he got hurt after three plays being murdered out there.

He looked gun shy, like he didn't know what to do. Look I'll admit I am the biggest fan of Rodgers as a jet and I have no doubt he leads us to the promise land with this team 

It did not look good last year before the injury. Hackett better not ruin this season too 

He was out there for four plays. 
Three were handoffs.  Are you kidding with this?

• Sympathy 1

Many of us pointed out in real-time that he looked nervous and gun shy. I attributed it to jitters in his first drive as a Jet QB after a summer of almost unparalleled hype.

It's definitely something to watch for, but as others have pointed out, it's hard to go too nuts from 4 plays. He looked good in the preseason and supposedly performed very well against the Jets defense in practice. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I agree we all noticed it, but again... 4 plays.

My much bigger concern is that the OL coach and the Offensive Coordinator were not on the same page as far as what blocking schemes to use on what plays. An offense isn't supposed to be a cobbling together of different positon groups. It should be a cohesive, coordinated unit in which every block and every route is designed to complement. Seems to me Hackett says "you guys figure out how to block,  my receivers will do this..."

I HATE this coaching staff if that's not obvious. The Jets may well put out one of the more talented teams in the league this year. Does anyone believe they're going to outcoach say, Andy Reid and Spagnolo in the playoffs?

I gotta say I feel the same way. Free agency is going well and we have a chance to complete an amazing free agency and draft and I’d have some excitement restraint due to the coaching staff.

Was Rodgers with a talented team great enough to overcome that? Yes. Is he still? I guess we’ll find out.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Great post and 100% accurate.

Every fan that’s being honest would have to agree with this.

4 plays?!  Any fan that's being honest can evaluate a player after 1 play!

/s

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

First play was a 26 yard run by Breece. Next three plays were pass plays.

I knew after the running play that he was going to run for VP.  Any fan that's being honest would tell you the same!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If the 1st play of next season doesn't go well, we should switch to Tyrod immediately (and for the rest of the season).

Every fan that’s being honest would have to agree with this.

Tyrod Taylor may very well be better than the Veep at this point in his career.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I agree we all noticed it, but again... 4 plays.

My much bigger concern is that the OL coach and the Offensive Coordinator were not on the same page as far as what blocking schemes to use on what plays. An offense isn't supposed to be a cobbling together of different positon groups. It should be a cohesive, coordinated unit in which every block and every route is designed to complement. Seems to me Hackett says "you guys figure out how to block,  my receivers will do this..."

I HATE this coaching staff if that's not obvious. The Jets may well put out one of the more talented teams in the league this year. Does anyone believe they're going to outcoach say, Andy Reid and Spagnolo in the playoffs?

Assuming we fill out the WR position and add depth to the line in the draft, the coaching is easily the biggest issue this team has to overcome this year. 

These coaches have a lot to prove and it starts with the head StairMaster, himself 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Assuming we fill out the WR position and add depth to the line in the draft, the coaching is easily the biggest issue this team has to overcome this year. 

These coaches have a lot to prove and it starts with the head StairMaster, himself 

People should also be prepared that the offensive line will take some time to come together. Even if they all somehow stay healthy, this is 5 guys who have never played together. I don't even think AVT and Tippman have played real snaps at the same time. That's a challenge even for a good coach, let alone Keith Carter.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

People should also be prepared that the offensive line will take some time to come together. Even if they all somehow stay healthy, this is 5 guys who have never played together. I don't even think AVT and Tippman have played real snaps at the same time. That's a challenge even for a good coach, let alone Keith Carter.

AVT (RT) and Tippman (RG) started against NE, KC, and Denver.

I thought that was the best line we had last year 

There's no doubt that even a 40 year old AR gives the team a marked improvement and increases chances to make the playoffs. The guy's won 4 MVPs. I don't blame him for his injury last year or over analyze it. He was one of a good number of QBs last season with significant injuries. I don't know about his persona in the NY market off the field. There were things he could get away with in the league's smallest market that won't wash here. 

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

BUT you saw well as I what those plays looked like and how he just took the hits.

Was it first drive jitters? Too big a moment?? Was it just poor line and what we found out later, the play designs and calls were crap?

I don't know but I know it wasn't all sunshine and rainbow with 8 under center. He looks indecisive and like he was lost in headlights before he got hurt.

Maybe my memory is wrong and someone else knows better but as far as I know Rodgers is healthy, the line should be more that good as of right now with no other additions but man if Rodgers gets three pass plays to open the season and Wilson is our only option at wr I'm a little worried. 

He was tired after running out with the flag.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

AVT (RT) and Tippman (RG) started against NE, KC, and Denver.

I thought that was the best line we had last year 

Good info, thanks. But now they'll both be at different positions (where they belong).

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BP said:

He didn’t play at all in the pre season as per bobs strict plan of lots of rest and relaxation for his players. And he looked rusty when playing. BUT DID YOU SEE HIS INTRODUCTION???!!!!! SPECTACULAR!!!!!

I think you can trot the greatest team in nfl history out there. But with this dog sh*t coaching staff they’d look like, well..dog sh*t.

you can probably almost guarantee we won't be playing this coming preseason either

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He absolutely got hurt on a play were it was a quick read and he didn't throw the ball away. It wasn't the line's fault on that play - ball was supposed to be out quickly or thrown away. I attribute that to opening day jitters and wanting to make something happen. You can't judge anyone on a few plays. He was amped and held the ball longer than he was supposed to. It was pretty well documented. It wasn't the line like people make you believe. He would be the first to tell you that...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

First play was a 26 yard run by Breece. Next three plays were pass plays.

Ok, saw he was 0-1 passing.  Wether he had 3 attempts or 1 and we’re talking how he looked for three passes or one

Theres a reason no one talks about this nonsense.  Rodgers looked gun-shy.  Must have been the first time ever that a QB was kept out of meaningless preseason games.  How’s Rodgers going to learn how to play football

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nania had the All-22 on the play(s) and he guessed that Rodgers was trying to open the game with a deep shot, but the bad cut blocks didn’t give him time, and Rodgers should have been aware of that. On the specific play where he gets hurt, Uzomah was coming open down the seam. Points to several concerns: 1. Why is Keith Carter still here? 2. Direct result of Rodgers not facing enough live fire in camp and preseason—not that you want to expose Rodgers to injury, but the disconnect between what the OL was doing and how Rodgers likes to manipulate the pocket should have been identified and corrected in July and August. 3. Rodgers pulling some primadonna sh*t that got him wrecked, for which he didn’t take responsibility. 

For my records, is your assertion that

1) QBs freelancing causes Achilles injuries

2) All of the Achilles injuries this year were because of Aaron Rodgers playing primadonna?

3) In his illustrious career, this was the first and only instance of Rodgers freelancing which is why he had his first and only Achilles injury?