Simms receivers Harrison third, I agree

These rankings are near meaningless in an absolute sense.  Wasn’t Surtain or stingley ahead of sauce?  Good corners but sauce is better.  Or what about wrs that went ahead of gWilson?  I don’t think anyone would make the swap now.  IMO these rankings put players into tiers where just about anyone in the top tier can become the no 1 guy in the nfl.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, usapaw said:

I'm still waiting on his "Best TE in the draft" to emerge. Ruckert.

How can he emerge when he is on a team that offensively does not develop talent.  Everyone got Zach Wrong or did they?  if Zach goes to San Fran would he really have been that horrible.  I mean I think at this point he is washed.. but how much of that was what we put him through... I never liked Zach but I cannot put this all on him (SEE GENO SMITH).  That said Ruckert has not been given enough of shot on an offense that is developed enough to get the ball to the TE.

1 minute ago, TRUE GREEN said:

How can he emerge when he is on a team that offensively does not develop talent.  Everyone got Zach Wrong or did they?  if Zach goes to San Fran would he really have been that horrible.  I mean I think at this point he is washed.. but how much of that was what we put him through... I never liked Zach but I cannot put this all on him (SEE GENO SMITH).  That said Ruckert has not been given enough of shot on an offense that is developed enough to get the ball to the TE.

San Fran also drafted a bust

On 3/20/2024 at 9:29 AM, rangerous said:

These rankings are near meaningless in an absolute sense.  Wasn’t Surtain or stingley ahead of sauce?  Good corners but sauce is better.  Or what about wrs that went ahead of Wilson?  I don’t think anyone would make the swap now.  IMO these rankings put players into tiers where just about anyone in the top tier can become the no 1 guy in the nfl.  

Agreed.  Too much weight is placed on the wrong measurables... what about the Work Ethic, Passion and Time spent in the film room. Two wide receivers to watch next year IMO   Keon Coleman and Ricky Pearsall.  Love their hands, route running and game speed. Forget the 40 yd run.

1 minute ago, TRUE GREEN said:

Did Geno even really play well last year? <4,000 yards, 20 TD's, 9 INTs. 

Idk, if Zach has a 2022 Geno season @ 30 and says "Joseph Smith once said"'thy shall never writeth back" should we care?

He got most of three years and nearly every backup we played when he was hurt/benched outperformed him with the same roster.

14 minutes ago, TRUE GREEN said:

Agreed.  Too much weight is placed on the wrong measurables... what about the Work Ethic, Passion and Time spent in the film room. Two wide receivers to watch next year IMO   Keon Coleman and Ricky Pearsall.  Love their hands, route running and game speed. Forget the 40 yd run.

@The Crusher

#MoreMeanThanFunny

• Post of the Week 1

On 3/19/2024 at 9:20 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

MHJ is like the pure uncut Columbian cocaine of WR prospects. 

I honestly don't understand all the people trying to knock him down all of the sudden. Not to take away from the other wr prospects but I don't see them as on the same level.

Barry u r parroting

if his name was bob smith instead of mhj hed be a second rounder. 

yes, i said this in the other thread

IMG_1363.png

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TRUE GREEN said:

By definition work ethic, passion and time spent in the film room are not measurables. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Barry u r parroting

IMG_1363.png

Have you even watched the guy play? Can you name who played QB for Ohio State last year without looking it up? 

I like Legette. Do you want to argue he's better than MHJ because college stats?

Ya, Simms not always right, but he's one of the very few that actually watches film and gives his best opinion. Versus just re-packaging what other 'experts' say. Kinda like everyone on here 
Totally agree ... I regurgitate the sh*t out of an amalgam of sources ... I definitely don't study college film and only have seen most of these guys in a handful of games.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Have you even watched the guy play? Can you name who played QB for Ohio State last year without looking it up? 

I like Legette. Do you want to argue he's better than MHJ because college stats?

As i said in the other thread, no i havent watched him play other that the highlight vids.

yes the mcdermott kid or mcsomething

all i am saying is i took it for granted that he was the next best thing but was surprised with the stat comparison. Ppl on this board have already mention the hof and “ red jacket” and the kid isnt even drafted yet.

Then i find stats that rank him at 10. 

you dont find that interesting? I hope @warfish is proud of my data 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, HighPitch said:

As i said in the other thread, no i havent watched him play other that the highlight vids.

yes the mcdermott kid or mcsomething

all i am saying is i took it for granted that he was the next best thing but was surprised with the stat comparison. Ppl on this board have already mention the hof and “ red jacket” and the kid isnt even drafted yet.

Then i find stats that rank him at 10. 

you dont find that interesting? I hope @warfish is proud of my data 

So the stat you're quoting is one that has him 10th because he had less total yards than the other 9 guys, simply because he played less games, had less targets and thus less catches, in the Ohio State system?  His YPC was as high or higher than anyone else on that list and he had the most TDs. He won the Biletnikoff Award. Won the Richter–Howard Receiver of the Year award the year before. MHJ is a stud.

On 3/21/2024 at 7:56 PM, HighPitch said:

Barry u r parroting

IMG_1363.png

More over the top, ridiculous thinking to make your point.

If his name was HighPitch he’s still a top of the 1st pick.  
Fun fact, talent of WRs isn’t set in order via yardage.  

On 3/21/2024 at 6:21 PM, FootballLove said:

Ya, Simms not always right, but he's one of the very few that actually watches film and gives his best opinion. Versus just re-packaging what other 'experts' say. Kinda like everyone on here 🤣

I find it nearly impossible to believe Chris Simms has watched more than 5 mins of film since retiring from the NFL 🤣

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

More over the top, ridiculous thinking to make your point.

If his name was HighPitch he’s still a top of the 1st pick.  
Fun fact, talent of WRs isn’t set in order via yardage.  

Fair enough but goof all you want, the stats are factual whether you like it or not.

mhj, breaking down the stats and adjusting for games played, is maybe the #3 or #4 wr. And thats good!

But there are at least a half dozen posters here that have literally posted about him being SO good, the he might up in the hall of fame.

so believe what you want. Neither one of us knows what the future holds. But being that im smarter and more rational than you, I’m pretty sure I am right.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:38 PM, hmhertz said:

Anyone taking Odunze over BT, is nuts.

Brian Thomas has the ability to make Wilson a two.

An injured Williams is not my cup of tea. We need

an explosive receiver and that's what Thomas is

Good to see you posting, Henry. 

On 3/21/2024 at 7:21 PM, FootballLove said:

Ya, Simms not always right, but he's one of the very few that actually watches film and gives his best opinion. Versus just re-packaging what other 'experts' say. Kinda like everyone on here 🤣

Yes, Chris Simms knows more than Dan Orlovsky.  So does an empty Powerade bottle 

• Haha 2

On 3/21/2024 at 7:37 PM, TRUE GREEN said:

Coleman is Anquan Boldin 2.0

• Upvote 1

" userid="31705"] Bad class or not, Wilson turned out to be the worst of the bunch
Meh .. Fields sucks balls too ... But the worst clearly is Trey Lance... Has he started a game yet .

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk