Official NFL Draft Rumors and News Thread

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, this guy—who’s been on top of the Jets free agents this offseason—posted this yesterday. 

Nabors would seem to need a trade up to six or seven, and that just seems like a massive stretch for a team with no second round pick this year - no matter how “all in” they may be. But, while I’m here, who are the other draftable LSU WRs, and where are they expected to be taken? 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Nabors would seem to need a trade up to six or seven, and that just seems like a massive stretch for a team with no second round pick this year - no matter how “all in” they may be. But, while I’m here, who are the other draftable LSU WRs, and where are they expected to be taken? 

Brian Thomas JR. 15-20 ish.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Lol, I am not in the loop this year at all. He’s gotta be in play at #10 if the Jets have him as the BAP over their top OT and they can’t move down. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, this guy—who’s been on top of the Jets free agents this offseason—posted this yesterday. 

I have a hunch that Nabers is going to end up being the superstar WR of this class over MHJ.  I'm hoping against hope that he'll somehow fall to us, even though I know it's not even remotely realistic.  

Enjoy this win all offseason!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I’m in the minority here, but kind of looks like a one-trick pony to me.

I see go-routes being high-pointed repeatedly.

Can he run full route free?

Also a 1-year wonder, which is always a bit scary.  Legette is similar in that regard.

17 TDs is nothing to sneeze at, but at the same time, seems like a significant dropoff from the elite tier 1 guys.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Everybody here seems to love him (including at least a few respected draft analysts), but I don’t want BT jr., even if they move back in round 1.

And at #10 that seems like a monumental reach.

An uncomfortable degree of bust risk picking that high with a ceiling of a guy already on your roster in Mike Williams.

If the big 3 are off the board and they don’t take an OT, I’d even rather take Bowers and see if he can essentially play WR in year 1, which also leaves Conk or Ruckert on the field.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2024-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-giants-trade-up-for-qb-drake-maye-wr-ladd-mcconkey-to-chiefs

Lance Zierlein's Mock from today. 

-Giants trading up with NE for Maye. 

-Chargers and NE taking MHJ then Nabers. 

-Has Jets taking Bowers. Like every other human being. 

I would take Fautanu in this situation I think. 

Please I pray to God the giants or pats take Maye

• Upvote 1

I have to say if I am Chicago I should seriously think about trading down. Other than their 2 1st rounders they have almost 

Bagent actually looked pretty decent last year and is worth developing further.

It is an unusual year in that arguably 6 teams, including Chicago arguably have no QB:

Minn

NE

Chicago*

Denver 

LV

Washington

Maybe even the Giants

Chicago already owns 9

If they have Caleb Williams in a completely different tier then fine take him but to me there are a lot of questions about him so I am thinking that 

Maye Daniels and Williams are all graded really close. From all indications JJ is just behind. And Penix is probably worth a first rounder as well.

Let's say they have Penix as a 1st round prospect but maybe a later round one. Well if they take him at 9 after a trade down the "reach" is completely mitigated.

Chicago can probably get a 1st or 2nd from Washington or NE just to guarantee they get their guy and then they are still at 2 or 3. 

Or they can get like 3 first rounders or 2 1s and 2 2s from someone like Minn or Washington. 

If they have the QBs ranked in a cluster there is a huge opportunity cost in not trading down

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2024-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-giants-trade-up-for-qb-drake-maye-wr-ladd-mcconkey-to-chiefs

Lance Zierlein's Mock from today. 

-Giants trading up with NE for Maye. 

-Chargers and NE taking MHJ then Nabers. 

-Has Jets taking Bowers. Like every other human being. 

I would take Fautanu in this situation I think. 

I don’t know why people are so adverse to Bowers but then they’re all for taking a tweener OL like Fuaga or Fautanu who profile better as guards and you’re hoping they don’t even see the field as rookies.

Are people so terrified of someone like Carter Warren starting a few games that they’ll take one of those guys over arguably the best TE prospect to ever come out of college? Especially if all Top 3 wideouts are gone?

I just don’t understand that 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 2

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t know why people are so adverse to Bowers but then they’re all for taking a tweener OL like Fuaga or Fautanu who profile better as guards and you’re hoping they don’t even see the field as rookies.

Are people so terrified of someone like Carter Warren starting a few games that they’ll take one of those guys over arguably the best TE prospect to ever come out of college? Especially if all Top 3 wideouts are gone?

Honestly - If I was a GM, I'd be scared to pull the trigger on a TE lol.

But if we end up doing it, hey I'll be excited. Actually very excited to see how he does.

But I'd be a wimp and take a versatile OL. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Just my opinion (because I am one of those people), it's because I simply don't believe that. Not saying Bowers may not be a good (or even great) TE, but I think the other 2 are safer picks & have higher floors (I'm more in favor of Fautanu). When I see Fautanu's comp as AVT and given the injury history and contract situation of our 2 OTs, that's where I'd prefer to go. I don't view either as being "tweeners"...but that's what comes to mind when I think of Bowers (just my opinion). I would also prefer trading down (if possible) a few slots to get Fautanu if the 3 top WRs and 2 top OTs are gone before #10.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Honestly - If I was a GM, I'd be scared to pull the trigger on a TE lol.

But if we end up doing it, hey I'll be excited. Actually very excited to see how he does.

But I'd be a wimp and take a versatile OL. 

For two reasons:

1) You don't know if he's going to be dominant in the draft.

2) You get so much less value for a TE on a rookie contract vs a WR/QB/Pass Rusher on a rookie contract.    Top Tier WRs/QBs, etc.. make so much more than a first round draft pick rookie scale.   TEs?    Not so much unless you are one of the top 1-2 

The second is probably not on JD's radar if he's in win now mode.....

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Edgy said:

For two reasons:

1) You don't know if he's going to be dominant in the draft.

2) You get so much less value for a TE on a rookie contract vs a WR/QB/Pass Rusher on a rookie contract.    Top Tier WRs/QBs, etc.. make so much more than a first round draft pick rookie scale.   TEs?    Not so much unless you are one of the top 1-2 

The second is probably not on JD's radar if he's in win now mode.....

Meh - TE and DE was on top of his board last year. He drafts who's on top of his board and for the future. Don't think he'll ever steer away from that.

I honestly don't see many trades in the top 10. I think chargers, cardinals, falcons, giants are all fair game for wr. I think many of you will end up being disappointed and seeing Bowers go at 9 to the bears when they don't have a wr to draft. I fully expect the best prospect available when we draft to be a defensive player hopefully we are able to trade down and get another pick but I think all of these offensive weapons people want are going to be gone.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

I honestly don't see many trades in the top 10. I think chargers, cardinals, falcons, giants are all fair game for wr. I think many of you will end up being disappointed and seeing Bowers go at 9 to the bears when they don't have a wr to draft. I fully expect the best prospect available when we draft to be a defensive player hopefully we are able to trade down and get another pick but I think all of these offensive weapons people want are going to be gone.

Bears are not drafting bowers they have cole kmet, a very very good TE target, 7 catches , 720 yards and 6 tds.

The Bears will also not take a Wr imo, keenan allen and dj moore.

I see them going defense, or trading down.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Bears are not drafting bowers they have cole kmet, a very very good TE target, 7 catches , 720 yards and 6 tds.

They also just signed Kmet to a 4 year, $50+ million extension last summer.

No way they’re taking Bowers

They’ll either take a wideout or Turner/Verse to pair with Sweat.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

They also just signed Kmet to a 4 year, $50+ million extension last summer.

No way they’re taking Bowers

They’ll either take a wideout or Turner/Verse to pair with Sweat.

To play devils advocate, Bowers is effectively a big slot receiver and the Bears’ OC ran a lot of 2TE sets. I do lean towards them going with an edge or moving down to accumulate picks.

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I kinda want Odunze more than MHJ. Kind of. 

NAaaah come on. I like Odunze a lot but let's not get crazy. Now Odunze over Nabers is a better debate as I can see the argument for both players.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

Because we are kings of beating teams at the wrong time. When it matters most we lose. When it matters least, we win. Its the jet way

Those 2 Miami losses were pretty sweet though 

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Bowers isn't an inline TE yet... This is a weakness... He is a Glorified WR... TE take years to learn how to block... Especially ones like Bowers. 

No TE drafted in the first makes an immediate impact... 

TE that High is never worth it in terms of draft value... 

5 years in and you are paying what you pay any TE... There is no financial benefit

The bust rate on highly drafted TEs is extremely high... 

Conklin and Ruckert are not weaknesses on this team... 

They need more OL and WRs... Not fringe TE/WR combos 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1