Poll: what would make you happy as a Jets fan this upcoming season?

What would make you happy as a Jets fan this year?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What minimum do the Jets need to achieve?

• Super Bowl victory
    • Super Bowl appearance (loss)
    • AFC East Champions
    • Wild Card
    • No playoffs, clean house for the future of this franchise
  2. 2. Another way to look at minimum?

3. 3. What is your biggest concern?

• Talent
    • Injury risk
    • Coaching
    • Rodger’s (diminishing) skill
    • Super Bowl III curse
    • Schedule

4 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

The team is built to win now so the goal needs to be a Super Bowl appearance. How can it not be? Rooting for a playoff appearance and maybe a 1st or 2nd round win is what you do when you have a young up and coming QB who has many years of success ahead of him. The Jets clearly don't have that. Rodgers wasn't brought in to win one playoff game and be content. He's here to win it all.  The Jets have been losers for so long that many of us have been beaten into submission and have lowered the bar of success so low in order for us to at least feel a ripple of joy.  F that! Super Bowl or bust!

Super under-rated top-shelf rant right here.  So much truth.  So much pain.  Thank you.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, peebag said:

There's going to be some very disappointed people at the end of this coming season.

Not really. My disappointment started after first four snaps of last season. still here, just hanging out. Like an old friend, that hates my freaking guts. 

• Haha 1

On paper this is a competitive team that can make the playoffs. (Remember on paper)

This team has three things going against them the first is the oline sure they signed a few experienced players to play the oline. But what is going against them is that they haven't played together yet and remaining healthy is the main goal. In two years the oline hasn't remained healthy all season and that question will remain throughout the year. The schedule is the second problem, because it is never easy and they always face very strong offenses with good defenses as well. The third problem is they don't have sufficient weapons for Rodgers. The WRs are a huge question mark going into the season, and no one can say this team is stacked or definitely going to the playoffs. 

IMO, I don't feel confident this team has what it takes to win or put up a winning streak to make the playoffs. On paper this team looks like a playoff possible Super Bowl team, but that is on paper. This team hasn't stepped on the practice field together and haven't played one game yet. I don't blame the GM or head coach for this at all. The Jets still have to face the likes of Buffalo, Miami, LA Rams, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Houston most were in the playoffs last season and have good offenses. 

I'm not sold on the Jets this season at all. They need to put up a winning streak not of two or three games, it has to be an impressive number of games against playoff contenders. Rodgers has to remain healthy as well as the oline in order to win. 

• Upvote 1

I’m more worried about the coaching than injuries.  Good coaching can overcome injuries.  The jets should have enough talent to overcome a key injury but it’s up to saleh to keep the team focused and be able to adapt.  I don’t think he does that very well offensively or defensively.  Why defensively?  Because he doesn’t move sauce to cover the hot receiver.  Those are things they should be doing.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Claymation said:

What minimum do the Jets need to achieve?

Uniforms that actually look nice.

What is your biggest concern?

My biggest concern is that Zach is still on the team, and I would have to read hundreds of threads about him or referencing him.

Anything more than that is just gravy, anything less is just par for the course.

Hopefully more than 7 wins .

57 minutes ago, peebag said:

There's going to be some very disappointed people at the end of this coming season.

Not necessarily. I don’t think those of us with high standards expect the team to actually meet those expectations. In this case, I think a large portion of those fans will be indifferent.

Speaking for myself, I no longer get truly disappointed. I just stop watching the Jets and start watching another team. This is what I did last year. Soon as it was clear the Jets were going nowhere, I started watching the Texans.

1 hour ago, harts724 said:

I`ve been a fan for 55 years if they make it to the Superbowl and lose that will be the final nail in my coffin.

It was overcast for the eclipse here yesterday. Bunch of people I was with were bummed. When asked if it bugged me I just said, "I'm a Jets fan. I was prepared for this..."

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I'd be great w/ not having a complete embarrassment of a season and finding another way to underachieve, but that just goes to show just how low my expectations are for this team any given season.

I expect a typical Saleh season. Some excitement early, then inability to adjust mid season and then another collapse. Six to 8 wins no playoffs. 

People think Rodgers instantly wins games but teams will actually try against us instead of looking to following week

At the start of the 2023 NFL season, I was sick to see how we lost the chance to play against so many of the 'top' teams who were playing lousy football.  When Rodgers went down and we were never able to gauge our team.  I envisoned being not only to be able to play competively with them, but to even beat these 'tough' teams with the newly constructed offense (Rodgers,Breece back from injury, GW ROY performance etc). So now on to a new year. Rodgers will  be back. Breece with another year to recover after a fine 2024 season. The additions of Smith, Williams, Simpson, Moses, Reddick, and an upcoming key draft pick to round out the roster and fortify the OL and WR corp can only improve our chances.  Again, on paper, we are looking good.   Still need some OL depth and WR depth. This is a MUST.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AL047 said:

On paper this is a competitive team that can make the playoffs. (Remember on paper)

This team has three things going against them the first is the oline sure they signed a few experienced players to play the oline. But what is going against them is that they haven't played together yet and remaining healthy is the main goal. In two years the oline hasn't remained healthy all season and that question will remain throughout the year. The schedule is the second problem, because it is never easy and they always face very strong offenses with good defenses as well. The third problem is they don't have sufficient weapons for Rodgers. The WRs are a huge question mark going into the season, and no one can say this team is stacked or definitely going to the playoffs. 

IMO, I don't feel confident this team has what it takes to win or put up a winning streak to make the playoffs. On paper this team looks like a playoff possible Super Bowl team, but that is on paper. This team hasn't stepped on the practice field together and haven't played one game yet. I don't blame the GM or head coach for this at all. The Jets still have to face the likes of Buffalo, Miami, LA Rams, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Houston most were in the playoffs last season and have good offenses. 

I'm not sold on the Jets this season at all. They need to put up a winning streak not of two or three games, it has to be an impressive number of games against playoff contenders. Rodgers has to remain healthy as well as the oline in order to win. 

How about on a computer monitor?  Or a smartphone screen?