Zach traded to Denver [merged]

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I hope he somehow starts the MetLife game.

I’ll have the Jets Defense ready to go in every fantasy lineup 🤣

I bet Q and JJ can’t wait to sack him for real.  No more red jersey protection.

Saleh will abandon his philosophy of only rushing 4 and send the house 😂

Nah, Saleh is a vagina.  

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because you thought he wasn’t going to draft a QB no matter what Zach said to Payton over those 2 days?  Or because he reached for Bo Nix at 12? 
Or for actually trading for Zach?  

Fun fact: Zach Wilson is six months older than Bo Nix. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The Jets drafted him, led by the OC that everyone loves, MLF, no matter how you slice this, the Jets are the ones with the major problem here, which is why they had no choice but to hope a 41 year old QB can play like he is 30 again

Agreed in that the Jets scouted, drafted, and gave thirty starts to an historically horrible QB prospect.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Fun fact: Zach Wilson is six months older than Bo Nix. 

That’s crazy, especially given Zach’s already got 3 full seasons of work, pay and 0 sucess.

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2024 at 1:27 PM, T0mShane said:

How many Jets seasons do we get to witness in this life? That we’re conscious of? 60 maybe? Zach Wilson single-handedly ruined three of those and, if we’re being real, probably more because Rodgers is a psychotropic ******* mess and we’re hog-tied to him until he chooses to leave. I somewhat get why people who argued for Zach Wilson would like to shut down conversation about him, but I always find it curious when any Jets fan chooses to forgive and/or forget the pieces of garbage who came in and stole that time from us. Jamal Adams, Zach Wilson, Becton, Calvin Pryor, etc. **** those guys. 

Trounced.gif.491cc8a16f733abc6d0a4444ac14f849.gif

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bo Nix is going to have the best season of any of the qb drafted this year.  Zach will be the 3 string qb behind Stidham.

Zach will start games for the Broncos next season.  I predict by the end of next season Zach will be less popular in the Denver area than Chris Watts

(If you don’t know who Chris Watts is you can go ahead and google him.  Yes, people in Colorado will hate Zach more than that guy.)

9 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach will start games for the Broncos next season.  I predict by the end of next season Zach will be less popular in the Denver area than Chris Watts

(If you don’t know who Chris Watts is you can go ahead and google him.  Yes, people in Colorado will hate Zach more than that guy.)

It won't go that far with Zach under Payton. If he plays and like here fails to move their offense he'll be out. Probably Nix will be their starter. 

• Upvote 1

You don't draft a 1st round QB to have him sit behind one of the biggest bust QB's in NFL history.

Nix will start.  Wilson will be lucky to make the active roster, or the roster at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You don't draft a 1st round QB to have him sit behind one of the biggest bust QB's in NFL history.

Nix will start.  Wilson will be lucky to make the active roster, or the roster at all.

Denver smartly did not want to pick at QB outside of 10 in the first round and not have at least some type of option of someone who has started an NFL game before.  

Zach will start game 1.  I dont’ think he makes it until 6, but I think that will be worth it to the Broncos.  

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It won't go that far with Zach under Payton. If he plays and like here fails to move their offense he'll be out. Probably Nix will be their starter. 

Zach will get to start initially.  He will stink, get booed mercilessly by broncos fans who are drunk and high and he will get benched for Nix by week 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Zach will have a couple decent preseason games playing against guys who will be flipping burgers by week 1

47 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach will have a couple decent preseason games playing against guys who will be flipping burgers by week 1

I think Nix will beat him out. Zach could make the team as backup but there's competition for that slot too. I think he'll be like Fitz. His career will be based around injuries. Is it possible he'll improve with age and good coaching. So far we haven't seen the consistency needed to start we've seen spurts and good games and talent. If he adjusts his game esp the short game he could be an ok game manager. But a game manager with a big time arm who can throw deep. The reason Payton traded for him. It was worth a small financial risk. 

22 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think Nix will beat him out. Zach could make the team as backup but there's competition for that slot too. I think he'll be like Fitz. His career will be based around injuries. Is it possible he'll improve with age and good coaching. So far we haven't seen the consistency needed to start we've seen spurts and good games and talent. If he adjusts his game esp the short game he could be an ok game manager. But a game manager with a big time arm who can throw deep. The reason Payton traded for him. It was worth a small financial risk. 

I think folks are over estimating Nix.

2 hours ago, rbstern said:

I think folks are over estimating Nix.

I think whoever the starting QB is for Denver they will operate as a game manager for this year. The Broncos have a lot more invested in Nix than in Zach. So he will get the edge in training camp. Unless Zach is lights out. Zach btw is only 6 months older than Nix.