****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

1 minute ago, hawk said:

I wonder if Douglas even tried to bluff Broncos like he did with Vikings.

Nah, he is likely 7 high noons into his evening and wiping flaming hot Cheeto dust on his sweatpants.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Torn.

Its a decent enough long term pick, our OL is old and short termers.

It’s a decent enough move because we’re all in on Rodgers with three VERY fragile OL starters.

But personally I still think we’re very weak at O skills. Wilson and Hall, that’s it. Williams is as fragile as our OL, Larard is a loathsome lazy bum and the guys behind thst are total JAG’s.

Protecting zrosgers isn’t enough. We have to score. Wilson and Hall are good, but we need another real healthy weapon. Badly.

This, pretty much. The draft isn't over, and the receiver depth is good into the second and third rounds, so there is still a chance that they can meaningfully upgrade the receiver room. Truth is if Mike Williams stays healthy we have that additional weapon,, but I would have vastly preferred somehow landing Odunze in the first and then Going offensive line in the third. The Giants Taking a wide receiver basically took that off the board

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

This, pretty much. The draft isn't over, and the receiver depth is good into the second and third rounds, so there is still a chance that they can meaningfully upgrade the receiver room. Truth is if Mike Williams stays healthy we have that additional weapon,, but I would have vastly preferred somehow landing Odunze in the first and then Going offensive line in the third. The Giants Taking a wide receiver basically took that off the board

Yup. Is what it is. OT isn’t a bad pick.

I just worry we’re lacking the horses for Rodgers to score enough.

Who know, lotta picks left, as you say.

People were pissed we missed out on Broderick last year when he would’ve entered the same situation with lesser talent in front of him.  How would he have been a good pick and Fashanu is a terrible one?  Not sure, but if he’s a true LT for next 5-10 years, no one will care.  I get the pick, the draft isn’t over and the jets can still leverage current and future picks for talent in the draft.  Let’s see how everything turns out first before lighting the torches. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The combo of Fashanu and tomorrow’s wr is better than rome and any tackle they could get tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1