Do You Agree With CBS QB Rankings?

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jalen Hurts

Dak Prescott

Jordan Love

Brock Purdy

None of these guys are better than Aaron F'n Rodgers. I mean c'mon bruh. Y'all gon learn.

100%.

Since receipts were mentioned earlier in the thread as well, I have receipts of the JN disbelievers who will not be permitted to enjoy all the Jets wins with Rodgers, including the upcoming NYJ Super Bowl victory.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Rodgers at #11. I think it’s a favorable ranking, since he hasn’t played meaningful snaps in 18 months by the time the season rolls around.

IMG_0230.thumb.png.f03b46f93745430dc749c46781ffc13c.pngIMG_0231.thumb.png.6b85e1cbdde7506d38bb27302cf0bd78.png

Stafford is way too low on this list. Hurts is way too high, and Purdy love like that is insane.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Stafford is way too low on this list. Hurts is way too high, and Purdy love like that is insane.

Purdy is going to win multiple rings and will be battling Jordan Love for the next 10 years.

CJ Stroud will flame out.

mark it down.

• Upvote 1

If we're going off recent performance, I'd say these guys are all better than Rodgers. The only one I would question is probably Love. I'm still a bit skeptical that he will maintain that level of play, although I'm rooting for him. I would probably have Goff at 10 instead. Either way it's all meaningless

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Purdy is going to win multiple rings and will be battling Jordan Love for the next 10 years.

CJ Stroud will flame out.

mark it down.

Eh. I think Purdy is a slightly better Tua. Why do you think Stroud will go bad? Seems to have a good head on his shoulders. 

10 hours ago, PS17 said:

Underrated: 

•Allen (should be 2)

•Herbert (should be top 5)

•Goff

•Stafford

•Kyler

•Caleb

Overrated:

•Purdy (I love the guy but two is laughable clickbait)

•Rodgers

•Levis 

No to Allen at 2.  Guy has a lot of talent, but he's also shown enormous talent for giving away games.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, rbstern said:

No to Allen at 2.  Guy has a lot of talent, but he's also shown enormous talent for giving away games.

Who’s going ahead of him? Burrow who can’t stay healthy… Lamar who can’t consistently win from the pocket… Stroud who’s not as proven… Herbert who doesn’t win enough games.

Allen’s boneheaded mistakes look terrible when isolated but the Bills have been a lock for the divisional round at minimum since 2020 which is tremendous. He is good when it matters and is perhaps the most physically gifted QB in our lifetime. Just so happens to have the potential GOAT in his way every year. 

This has got to be a joke... There are at least 5 qb's on this list ahead of him that he is better than.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

11 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Also lol at Daniel Jones at 32.  Feels nice not seeing a Jets QB listed at 32 for the once.

and the funny part is they had a chance to get a QB. if this stays true this season will go down hill and DaBoll is fired.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

So Jordan love who had 32 td passes and 11 ints and 4 more rushing tds isn’t better than rodgers at this point?  

He had a single season better than Rodgers while Rodgers was hurt. So no he is not better. He has a chance to prove it over the next 15 years. We will see, but I will bet Rodgers ranks higher than at least 4 of those QB's next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, doitny said:

and the funny part is they had a chance to get a QB. if this stays true this season will go down hill and DaBoll is fired.

Like I get being nervous about taking either Penix or McCarthy at 6th overall - it's definitely a risk, but I don't think people talk about the risk of not taking one and watching them turn into CJ Strouds.  If even one of those guys pan out and the Giants struggle to find their QB for the next handful of years, this will forever be talked about, regardless of how good Nabers is(and I think he's elite).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetfan40yrs said:

How in the world did none of the Giants' DB's not knock down that Hail Mary?

They decided not to play for the Lions on that day🙃

• Sympathy 1

Danny dimes is better than the options on the table when they selected. You don't just pick one if you already have a better option. I am not a Danny fan at all but they will suck again next year and will be able to pick one then and get rid of his contract.

Like I get being nervous about taking either Penix or McCarthy at 6th overall - it's definitely a risk, but I don't think people talk about the risk of not taking one and watching them turn into CJ Strouds.  If even one of those guys pan out and the Giants struggle to find their QB for the next handful of years, this will forever be talked about, regardless of how good Nabers is(and I think he's elite).
I honestly think Penix would have been a good choice for them and is better than Danny but he has an injury history and their current qb is brittle.

He had a single season better than Rodgers while Rodgers was hurt. So no he is not better. He has a chance to prove it over the next 15 years. We will see, but I will bet Rodgers ranks higher than at least 4 of those QB's next year. 
1000%

Cant wait to see some of these people wall their comments back this fall on Love.... And Rogers.

On 5/11/2024 at 9:41 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Rodgers at #11. I think it’s a favorable ranking, since he hasn’t played meaningful snaps in 18 months by the time the season rolls around.

IMG_0230.thumb.png.f03b46f93745430dc749c46781ffc13c.pngIMG_0231.thumb.png.6b85e1cbdde7506d38bb27302cf0bd78.png

The great Derek Carr is #26, already behind JJ McCarthy - lol.

How is Daniel Jones #32, btw?  Didn't he just get a 4 year $160M extension a year prior?  And his TD/INT numbers last year weren't good but he only played in 6 games and he completed 67.5% of his passes.  This seems like a ridiculous ranking.

image.thumb.png.6f8c9813fe8a01688a8fe618027410a5.png

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How is Daniel Jones #32, btw?  Didn't he just get a 4 year $160M extension a year prior?  And his TD/INT numbers last year weren't good but he only played in 6 games and he completed 67.5% of his passes.  This seems like a ridiculous ranking.

image.thumb.png.6f8c9813fe8a01688a8fe618027410a5.png

Probably because Zach isn’t a starter anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I know people on this forum like to crap on AR8, but if he's healthy, he can be in the "Allen/Burrow/Stroud" tier, right behind Mahomes.  

I think people are underrating Trevor Lawrence, btw.  He's tough as nails and plays through injuries as well as anyone.  Saw this just now.  If Jax is dumb enough to give up on Trevor (they won't be), JD should jump all over that.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know people on this forum like to crap on AR8, but if he's healthy, he can be in the "Allen/Burrow/Stroud" tier, right behind Mahomes.  

I think people are underrating Trevor Lawrence, btw.  He's tough as nails and plays through injuries as well as anyone.  Saw this just now.  If Jax is dumb enough to give up on Trevor (they won't be), JD should jump all over that.

Heavy.com publishes bull**** and little else. The Jags already picked up Lawrence’s 5th year option. They will have a decision on their hands, though, when it comes time for his next contract. He’s been good, but he hasn’t been great. I’m not sure that signing up for him at $50M/year is the best team building move. 

Besides they had an awful lot of QBs who have done very little in the top ten, I think the real discriminator should be which qb can move to another team and have equal or greater success.  Hard to tell since QBs seem to spend quite a few seasons with the same team.  How many of these guys will move on like Peyton and Brady did and have success?  And so much always depends on the supporting cast.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don’t think people truly understand how much of a role Andy Reed plays a part in Mahomes greatness! 

No doubt he is the best off-platform Qb ever… but the play calling and movement are all Reed. Defenses don’t have a clue what to expect which magnifies Mahomes athleticism and decision making

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don’t think people truly understand how much of a role Andy Reed plays a part in Mahomes greatness! 

No doubt he is the best off-platform Qb ever… but the play calling and movement are all Reed. Defenses don’t have a clue what to expect which magnifies Mahomes athleticism and decision making

Reid is a tremendous HC (and essentially OC) and Spags is a tremendous DC.

I have to say this again, though.  If things go well for us this year, we could potentially have a playoff matchup with Robert Saleh/Nate Hackett/Jeff Ulbrich going against Reid/Spags. 

For all the people who invent their reasons to defend Robert Saleh (including his scapegoating of a certain player), I wonder if they realize the disadvantage we'd be at going into that matchup.  And the whole idea of "well, he'll learn and get better from it" is an empty argument because, again, we only have AR8 for a short window.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

The Jags already picked up Lawrence’s 5th year option. They will have a decision on their hands, though, when it comes time for his next contract. He’s been good, but he hasn’t been great. I’m not sure that signing up for him at $50M/year is the best team building move. 

He needs to cut his hair to truly realize his potential! How can your teammates respect you when you’re constantly pulling your hair back like in a Pantene commercial 😁

in the cut hair flip GIF by Bounce

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Reid is a tremendous HC (and essentially OC) and Spags is a tremendous DC.

I have to say this again, though.  If things go well for us this year, we could potentially have a playoff matchup with Robert Saleh/Nate Hackett/Jeff Ulbrich going against Reid/Spags. 

For all the people who invent their reasons to defend Robert Saleh (including his scapegoating of a certain player), I wonder if they realize the disadvantage we'd be at going into that matchup.  And the whole idea of "well, he'll learn and get better from it" is an empty argument because, again, we only have AR8 for a short window.

We almost beat them with the Slapster. We'll be fine.