ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

On 5/30/2024 at 4:11 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Wilson, Stidham, Nix ~ worst qb room ever

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

Mac Jones, Bailey Zappe and

-Malik Cunningham now a WR

-Nathan Rourke

-Matt Corral

-Will Grier

-Trace McSorley

These are the QBs that were QB1, QB2 and/or QB3/Practice Squad last year.

6 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Jones >>>>> Wilson

Without a doubt, Wilson is simply not an NFL QB. Mac Jones is a giant twat but capable of being a solid  back up  for 10-12 years like Kellen Clemons. Zach should be out of football in under 2-3 years. Simply no reason to continue the  charade. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Without a doubt, Wilson is simply not an NFL QB. Mac Jones is a giant twat but capable of being a solid  back up  for 10-12 years like Kellen Clemons. Zach should be out of football in under 2-3 years. Simply no reason to continue the  charade. 

Mac Jones is a Case Keenum clone and he will stick around for another 5-10 years.  He might even make a playoff down the line as a starter somewhere 

• Upvote 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sauce-gardner-gets-real-about-broncos-zach-wilson-i-practiced-against-him/ar-BB1nzWQO?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=33ed02ab260a4d08957cb1728d49e43f&ei=44

"“I feel like when it comes to talent, as players and coaches, if you see somebody do something – let me just speak for me. If I see somebody do something one time, then I know it’s in them. I know they can do it, right?” Gardner said on the “Green Light” podcast on June 3. “I done practiced against him for two straight years, and I done even seen him do some special things in games.”

“I know he can do it,” Gardner continued. “It’s just going to take something to get it out of him so this way this can become who he is game in, game out, every day at practice.”"

• Upvote 3

Consistency is everything when it comes to the quarterback position.

Every quarterback in the NFL has the physical talent to flash every now and then.  The only thing Zach has consistently shown is that he's a statistical bottom dweller.

He looks OK when he's wearing a red jersey and not worrying about a legitimate pass rush looking to hit him.  When the red jersey comes off, he's consistently lost out on the field and running inept offenses that can't sustain drives or score points.

• Upvote 2

Wilson has the physical tools.  We all know it QED.  He never learned the mental part of the game that would be/is needed to play at the highest level.  Either he could not learn or the Jets were poor in their ability to coach/develop.  We'll know by the end of 2024 which of the two are true.  

• Upvote 1

i agree with sauce.  the thing is people tend to forget how young some of these players are.  i don't mean age wise but in mental maturity.  some positions don't need a whole lot of mental maturity for a player to do pretty well at.  qb is something else because there's so much going on around the player each time he's hiked the ball.  and then, of course, there are the coaches who tend to be my way or highway kind of guys and don't really know how to motivate the odd player.  i hope and think zach does well in denver.  he's got a really good coach and a fanbase that is way more laid back than what he saw in new jersey.  plus where he will be living is way more comfortable for him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sauce-gardner-gets-real-about-broncos-zach-wilson-i-practiced-against-him/ar-BB1nzWQO?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=33ed02ab260a4d08957cb1728d49e43f&ei=44

"“I feel like when it comes to talent, as players and coaches, if you see somebody do something – let me just speak for me. If I see somebody do something one time, then I know it’s in them. I know they can do it, right?” Gardner said on the “Green Light” podcast on June 3. “I done practiced against him for two straight years, and I done even seen him do some special things in games.”

“I know he can do it,” Gardner continued. “It’s just going to take something to get it out of him so this way this can become who he is game in, game out, every day at practice.”"

We all seen him do it. just not often enough or with any sort of consistency. Sauce is just a nice kid. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I done even seen too.

i done seen a lot of good things from these jets.  i aint seen no winning record, though 

love the way language changes over the generations.  if anyone spoke proper english as was known prior to 1,000 AD aint none of us recognize it. 

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, you don't get drafted 2nd overall without the literal ability to "do it."

Doing it consistently, routinely is what makes someone good. 

Zach doesn’t have the ability to do it. He was drafted second because of one season against nobodies. Akili Smith was drafted second too. 

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Zach doesn’t have the ability to do it. He was drafted second because of one season against nobodies. Akili Smith was drafted second too. 

Physically he absolutely has the ability.  Mentally, probably not but if anyone can help him in that department its sean payton.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Physically he absolutely has the ability.  Mentally, probably not but if anyone can help him in that department its sean payton.

There are plenty of quarterbacks in college and high school who have arm ability. There is nothing from Wilson’s arm that’s unique enough to keep him around the league. He flat out sucks and will likely be out of football if he doesn’t stick with the Broncos. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There are plenty of quarterbacks in college and high school who have arm ability. There is nothing from Wilson’s arm that’s unique enough to keep him around the league. He flat out sucks and will likely be out of football if he doesn’t stick with the Broncos. 

No, there are not plenty of qbs who have zach’s arm talent and athleticism.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No, there are not plenty of qbs who have zach’s arm talent and athleticism.  

There are plenty all over the country who don’t even make it to the league. Zach’s arm is fine. He’s not a special athlete. He doesn’t have a special arm. It’s not going to keep him in the league like it did for Jeff George. Zach is scared of the pass rush. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There are plenty all over the country who don’t even make it to the league. Zach’s arm is fine. He’s not a special athlete. He doesn’t have a special arm. It’s not going to keep him in the league like it did for Jeff George. Zach is scared of the pass rush. 

The dehydration is real.

56 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We all know he can do it.  He has all the skill and talent.  But does he have it upstairs to actually do it?

Sean Payton will find that out.

Peyton's QB whispering might be a little overrated

• Haha 1