What if Rodgers is really good this year?

It’s really hard to imagine Aaron Rodgers being good after looking washed two years ago on his main team, then running out Apollo Creed style for his new one and getting pasted seven seconds in.

On the other hand, if he’s got the ability (not enough reason to handedly doubt), and gets super-motivated to end on a high note, and plays similarly to his best stat-whoring seasons, the Jets could play to and beyond last season expectations.

The AFC East is ****ing terrible. Buffalo is laughable. They hung a Super Bowl banner in training camp last year. It’s over. They’re ****ing done.

Miami has a mid season meltdown every year and it’s so not an exaggeration that you can legit bank on it, and the Pats are underdogs against their entire schedule with Vegas.

Watch Mayo get boo’ed out of the building for moronic time management.

If Rodgers doesn’t suck, the Jets are actually in a really good situation. Chiefs are due for some holding calls and an early-exit taste of humble-pie.

Most everyone else sucks compared to Rodger-lead teams of the past.

A good-Rodgers team is already better than most of the Conference. Only thing that would qualify as competition to old Packer teams would be the Chiefs, Ravens, and maybe a wildcard from AFC North. Based on last season, everyone else sucks / is not worth seriously believing in compared to regular-season-Rodgers.

Jets could actually have a good year.

But… after you see a QB get injured once you just assume it’s over and/or it’s gonna’ happen immediately again. Same reason Patriot fans watched Pats games in a state of prayer and ritual from 2009 until retirement. Same reason nobody currently gives a **** about the Bengals.

Same reason you assume you’re gonna’ suck even though you have Aaron Rodgers, a good roster, and most everyone else in the AFC is terrible.

A playoff-Rodgers Jet team wouldn’t have the toughest road to the Super Bowl. Would have to get lucky against the Ravens in the AFC Championship or something.

Seems like a good year to be good.

Conference isn’t locked down by like 7 future HoF quarterbacks like it was 10 years ago.

Theres like three teams and you might be one of them.

NFC gonna’ curb stomp whoever makes it this year tho.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I didn’t think it was possible for you to write a post on JN that didn’t contain the words “Brady” and “Daddy”.

You proved me wrong there at least, so…well done?

Tom already did all this in much more spectacular fashion with the Bucs.

If Rodgers can replicate a straight-to-DVD version of it you guys have a better shot at getting stomped out by the Lions in February than you think.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Crusher lines up for the kick….and it’s right down the middle!

image.jpeg.11a327696d5089a190480490860f4f82.jpeg

Dude you were still a virgin last time I could lift my leg half that  high. Last three years been rough on this Crushlove’s flexibility.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WickedAwesome said:

What if Rodgers is really good this year?

That'd be cool.

1 hour ago, WickedAwesome said:

It’s really hard to imagine Aaron Rodgers being good

It really isn't hard.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

It’s really hard to imagine Aaron Rodgers being good after looking washed two years ago on his main team, then running out Apollo Creed style for his new one and getting pasted seven seconds in.

Fun fact: this year that Rodgers looked "washed", he had more TD on 140 less attempts and completed 1% less of his passes, then the fraud your fanbase refers to mistakenly as the GOAT.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

It’s really hard to imagine Aaron Rodgers being good after looking washed two years ago on his main team

Astute 

Fun fact…with nothing around him, Rodgers was better in his last season in GB, had more TDs, higher QB rating than Brady in his final season in NE.

• Upvote 3

he is really good every year.  hof qb.  no question that he will not only be rodgers this season, but one that is jacked and motivated beyond what we have seen in the recent past.

so long as he stays healthy, he will tear it up.  

we gonna see jets offense like never before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

If Rodgers can replicate a straight-to-DVD version of it you guys have a better shot at getting stomped out by the Lions in February than you think.

I'll take my chances in that game.  The Lions are one of the few NFL teams that have a worse history than the Jets do.

• Upvote 1

I'll take my chances in that game.  The Lions are one of the few NFL teams that have a worse history than the Jets do.
Imagine being a Lions fan, making it to the Superbowl for the first time ever this year. And losing to the Jets.

Wouldn't that just be the ultimate kick in the nuts?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

On 6/13/2024 at 10:03 PM, WickedAwesome said:

On the other hand, if he’s got the ability (not enough reason to handedly doubt), and gets super-motivated to end on a high note, and plays similarly to his best stat-whoring seasons, the Jets could play to and beyond last season expectations.

The AFC East is ****ing terrible. Buffalo is laughable. They hung a Super Bowl banner in training camp last year. It’s over. They’re ****ing done.

Miami has a mid season meltdown every year and it’s so not an exaggeration that you can legit bank on it, and the Pats are underdogs against their entire schedule with Vegas.

Watch Mayo get boo’ed out of the building for moronic time management.

If Rodgers doesn’t suck, the Jets are actually in a really good situation. Chiefs are due for some holding calls and an early-exit taste of humble-pie.

Most everyone else sucks compared to Rodger-lead teams of the past.

A good-Rodgers team is already better than most of the Conference. Only thing that would qualify as competition to old Packer teams would be the Chiefs, Ravens, and maybe a wildcard from AFC North. Based on last season, everyone else sucks / is not worth seriously believing in compared to regular-season-Rodgers.

Jets could actually have a good year.

But… after you see a QB get injured once you just assume it’s over and/or it’s gonna’ happen immediately again. Same reason Patriot fans watched Pats games in a state of prayer and ritual from 2009 until retirement. Same reason nobody currently gives a **** about the Bengals.

Same reason you assume you’re gonna’ suck even though you have Aaron Rodgers, a good roster, and most everyone else in the AFC is terrible.

A playoff-Rodgers Jet team wouldn’t have the toughest road to the Super Bowl. Would have to get lucky against the Ravens in the AFC Championship or something.

Seems like a good year to be good.

Conference isn’t locked down by like 7 future HoF quarterbacks like it was 10 years ago.

Theres like three teams and you might be one of them.

NFC gonna’ curb stomp whoever makes it this year tho.

Just what does Rodgers having a good year mean?  I mean he could hand off to hall forty times per game and the jets get to the playoffs and beyond.  Or he could also throw for 3800+ without many ints but the team still finishes 8-9 or 9-8.  I guess the best that can be said is Rodgers has a good year when he doesn’t cause any losses, and the team wins the east.

• Upvote 1