Antonio Cromartie to join the Jets coaching staff as an intern.

ARodJetsFan

Why?  He was a player who never made the effort to perfect his technique.  He just tried to get by on his natural talent/ability.  He was an undisciplined player.  I have my doubts that he'll have anything to contribute.  If the CBs start playing more poorly this season, we'll know why.

4 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Antonio Cromartie helped the Jets make it to their second of back-to-back AFC title games in 2010, playing opposite of future Hall of Fame cornerback Darrelle Revis on one of the best defensive units in franchise history.

In a few weeks, Cromartie will be back in Florham Park trying to help a defense with big-time aspirations take the next step, this time as a member of the coaching staff. Cromartie announced Sunday that he’s joining the Jets coaching staff as an intern in the Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship.

Former Jets star joins coaching staff as an intern - nj.com

Any man that has 14 kids with who knows how many women, I wouldn't want around my team.  There... I said it.

The Jets all-world starting CB trio last year combined for a single interception. Cromartie had 13 interceptions over his first four year stint with the Jets and once led the league with 10 in a season with SD. This gig is designed to largely be a learning experience for him, but I suspect that he might also have something to offer as a coach. 

While on the subject, I’m weirdly excited about this year’s last pick of the fifth round. Stiggers appears to have some natural ball-hawking abilities and it’ll be interesting to see if he’ll get a chance to display them on the field this year. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets all-world starting CB trio last year combined for a single interception. Cromartie had 13 interceptions over his first four year stint with the Jets and once led the league with 10 in a season with SD. This gig is designed to largely be a learning experience for him, but I suspect that he might also have something to offer as a coach. 

While on the subject, I’m weirdly excited about this year’s last pick of the fifth round. Stiggers appears to have some natural ball-hawking abilities and it’ll be interesting to see if he’ll get a chance to display them on the field this year. 

Stiggers could wind up being the steal of the 2024 draft.