Aiyuk Requests Trade

49ers are an iconic franchise with an incredible stadium and grass field with elite coaches and talent ready to make another run at a championship. 

I don’t think this is serious, I think it’s a (kinda awkward) ploy. 

If he does want to leave over essentially dick measuring with the other WRs, he’s not coming here primarily because of the taxes and stadium conditions.  

This would almost certainly interfere with the Jets extending the core 4. 

Anything is possible of course but I think he stays and gets a “save face “ tweak on his deal. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

49ers are an iconic franchise with an incredible stadium and grass field with elite coaches and talent ready to make another run at a championship. 

I don’t think this is serious, I think it’s a (kinda awkward) ploy. 

If he does want to leave over essentially dick measuring with the other WRs, he’s not coming here primarily because of the taxes and stadium conditions.  

This would almost certainly interfere with the Jets extending the core 4. 

Anything is possible of course but I think he stays and gets a “save face “ tweak on his deal. 

I agree 

and if he’s traded, it’s hard to see it being here. I don’t think we have another move this large left in us this offseason 

• Upvote 3

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000190-bc86-d988-a5b8-bdd6f5070000

NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reports Brandon Aiyuk has requested a trade from the 49ers.

Aiyuk and the 49ers haven’t been able to reach a deal so this comes as no surprise. Despite the two sides coming together recently in efforts to work something out, no deal could be reached so Aiyuk has “respectfully” asked to be moved. Coming off an All-Pro season, Aiyuk is looking to cash in as one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL. Things could get sticky as he’s still under contract for 2024. Nonetheless, Aiyuk has certainly made a name for himself in the league.

3h ago

Source: Mike Garafolo

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Kind of worried that the Bills are going to make a play here…

They likely will, they always  seem to, but at the end of the day the Bills will blow in the post season no matter who they get. Just who they are, 

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think that’s more of a Niners not trading him to anyone thing. Why would they? Team is loaded for a run. A lot of noise but he likely stays put, 

Also, he cannot shoot his way out of Dodge!

Aiyuk has ZERO LEVERAGE!

Aiyk is owed about 14 Million this year and the 49ers can then Franchise him next year and the year that follows. 

So that means the Niners for the next 3 years have control of Aiyuk so he is NOT GOING ANYWHERE in a SB potential season!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Also, he cannot shoot his way out of Dodge!

Aiyuk has ZERO LEVERAGE!

Aiyk is owed about 14 Million this year and the 49ers can then Franchise him next year and the year that follows. 

So that means the Niners for the next 3 years have control of Aiyuk so he is NOT GOING ANYWHERE in a SB potential season!

Yeah, knowing nothing about it, my first guess, 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Kind of worried that the Bills are going to make a play here…

Patriots make a ton of sense. 45 mill in cap space. Qb of the future on first year of rookie deal. I think the biggest common denominator in more recent memory between qbs that bust and the guys that have panned out is the talent around them in year one and two. If they want to give maye a chance, they need to get him some help. They can definitely afford him and most definitely have the need. 

With that being said, I’m not sure they would send a first for him and pay a massive contract. 49ers will almost certainly require at least one first for him at this point in the season. 49ers are trying to win now, they have the team. They could and probably should just do what the bengals are doing with Higgins.