Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

You don’t get it. The jets couldn’t give out a long term deal to huff, not with the resources they’ve already invested into the position . Reddick was a one year rental that wouldn’t interfere with the ability to sign our young guys next year.

in addition to that, this was all worked out prior to the trade and Reddick changed his mind.  I’m not blaming JD for a guy going back on what he said. 

I am this happens all of the time in sports and JD has gone back on his word a million times himself so yes it is on JD 

“Jamal is an unbelievable player as we talked about at the end-of-the-season meeting,” Douglas said Tuesday at the NFL Scouting Combine. “We’re excited about Jamal. The plan is for Jamal to be a Jet for life.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Ghost said:

This is hilarious. The ultimate JD blunder. Not re-signing a young stud pass rusher that was barely in his prime only to TRADE for a pass rusher that is nearly in the end of his prime only to never agree to a contract prior to being traded. 

I give JD credit for most of his moves he made this year but how can this happen? This is beyond embarrassing. The absolute worst GMs would even understand my point. 

Is he even trade able? Can we at least acquire our 3rd back? 

no one is trading for this dickhead.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

ok but that doesn't answer my question. This guy is an ass. Who would want to trade for him after what just happened?

The Jets should say, sure - you have our word that we'll trade you to the team you can find who wants you. Then demand 2 first round picks. Just out o spite.

Meh - I'm sure there's desperate teams that would pay for a good pass rusher. Giving up the right compensation though is a different story. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why would anyone want to trade for a guy who was just traded to a team he agreed verbally with on a contract and then held out/demanded a trade?

I honestly don't know if there is a team that would touch Reddick with a 100 ft pole, after the crap he's pulled here.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

ok but that doesn't answer my question. This guy is an ass. Who would want to trade for him after what just happened?

The Jets should say, sure - you have our word that we'll trade you to the team you can find who wants you. Then demand 2 first round picks. Just out of spite.

a team that wants to win and one with a competent gm-chiefs , ravens, niners

Joe will end up moving him for a 5th ....

15 minutes ago, Trotter said:

While not the greatest look in the world - is it really a disaster? 

Huff did not want to be here  - and was going to go one way or another.

So now potentially they move Reddick for the same 3 or possible 4th rounder and let the young guys play or let him sit and let the young guys play.

JD trusted the guy and got burnt if the story of how the trade went down is accurate. So bad look - absolutety but I dont see the disaster aspect.  

We’ve lost two key guys from last years DL rotation, and now we could lose the guy we traded for to replace the one we needed most. We still have McD out back jumping cars and Clemons walking around with shillelaghs though. 
I’ll let you decide where that lands on the Disastometer

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, green&white said:

Let him seek a trade, yea.  All we need back is the third we gave up for him.  Otherwise, rot.

Would not take less than a 2nd. Want to turn a profit on this. At worst a 3rd and a 5th rounder.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If he had all the leverage he'd have a new deal.   Instead, he's asking to be traded because the Jets can wait him out.

^ Indeed.  Trade request just another agent ploy to make the Jets look bad. In that regard they sure can fool stupid Jets fans, or at least it seems so.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I doubt this report is true and lol if it is because Reddick has managed this like an absolute fool. 

It's being reported through multiple media outlets.

So, I guess you can LOL now.

I do agree with you though, as far as how he's handled it.

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe D defenders arriving in 321....

this is all on Joe 

total incompetence on full display in this trade

Here’s the memo that’s gone out, a step by process on how to defend the indefensible:

IMG_1320.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

We’ve lost two guys from last years DL rotation, and now we could lose the guy we traded for to replace them. We still have McD and Clemons though.
I’ll let you decide where that lands on the Disastometer

honestly - bottom of the disaster scale for me.

Huff was not going to be an every down player - he was going to be used how he was previously - so do i think having Huff is a difference maker - not really.

Very early but some of the young guys are showing potential both on the dl and lb so this could all be a wash.

In no way am I saying that Reddick would not have had an impact - by all means he would - but if he does not report I just can't go disaster.

Losing Rodgers in 4 plays is a disaster. Biting my tongue here and not going with names but losing any of the young guys on Offense and defense or some of the key OL they brought in - possible disaster.

Reddick - horrible look but at some point the Jets were going to Jet so lets get it out of the way early.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If he had all the leverage he'd have a new deal.   Instead, he's asking to be traded because the Jets can wait him out.

Yep, shots fired from the Reddick camp. Hardball time from the Jets. Either get a 2nd rounder for him or he can retire lol.

• ARodJetsFan changed the title to The Bleacher Report says Haasan Reddick is requesting a trade;

Ha! Solid Hail Mary attempt. Unfortunately I’m not sure this moves the needle for Reddick. Hell either report and get his bonuses upgraded (if that hasn’t been pulled already) or surrender his money for the year…

Ultimately this will go away one way or another. The Jets are better with Reddick, no doubt, but they’ll be a top tier defense with or without him

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:
Bleacher Reports Jordan Schultz reports Jets EDGE Haason Reddick has informed the team he wants to be traded.

2m ago
Source: Jordan Schultz

The Jets/Reddick saga continues to reek of ineptitude from the team and their front office. Reddick’s desire for a new contract is what ultimately led to him being traded from the Eagles to the Jets earlier this offseason, but the team seemingly has no interest in giving him the extension he desires. Because of this, Reddick has held out from OTAs, mandatory minicamp, and now training camp and is now looking to be traded for the second time in the last five months. Reddick has totaled 38 sacks in his last three seasons and led the league with 16 sacks in 2022. He has one year remaining on his current deal and will turn 30 shortly after the start of the season. Whether this leads to a trade or not, this almost certainly won’t be the last we hear of one of the offseason’s stranger stories.

So the Jets are inept because they won't just cave to Reddick's demand?

And then of course SOJF just eats that right up.

Jets FO should remain firm, I wouldn't have a problem with a minor concession with some incentives, but either Reddick takes that or he rots.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade