Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

So tell me why I shouldn’t think that our offense AND defense won’t improve with Rodgers leading an offense that can take some pressure off an already elite defense?

The defense is due to regress, for one thing.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm I don't do this anymore but I will come out of semiretirment and I will play.....

Please watch in full, listen, and learn from the man who BROKE THE STORY!!

Remember the GUY broke the story!

And yes I'm taking names!  :) 

@Dcat @ToonforPrez @Rich Thornburgh @Biggs

AGAIN... WHY ARE YOU TRADING FOR A TOP NFL PLAYER WHO IS BEING LESS THEN HE IS WORTH AND EXPECT TO SCREW HIM BEFORE HE SUITS UP!!!

This is an EMBARRASSMENT!

And no we out here shall not be pimp simps for an inept Jets Front Office on this One!

Noooo!

Good Grief!

Excuse me but he is under contract. Was he promised a new one?  We don't know.  The comical trade demand is just CAA acting all tough.  But the reality is that Reddick either reports or he Lev Bell's his career.  It is pretty simple. Your opinion on his "worth" has zero relevance to the facts of the matter.  There is no credible proof that JD is  "screwing" him. You are assuming that he was promised things by JD and neither you nor I know it to be a fact.  If JD is reneging on a promise he made to Reddick,  then I would be pissed too.  But neither you nor I know that. Thanks for the video. Good Grief Charlie Brown.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly I don't mean to keep repeating this.

His leverage is the Jets want him.  They wouldn't have traded for him if they didn't want him on the team. 

It really isn't that complicated.   

The question is how badly do they want him? Badly enough that they traded a 3rd round pick 3 drafts from when they made the trade. That's pretty badly I guess 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Trading Reddick leaves the Jets with $20 mil in cap space; $60+ mil in 2025. Would you rather have that cap space available for a potential Davante Adams deal or would you rather watch Douglas have a prolonged dick-measuring contest with an agent who’s repeatedly beat the Jets down in negotiations?

So trading Reddick gets us Adams.  Thanks for the tip T0m.  In case you are wrong about that, bring on the dick-fight. JD will crush CAA's balls like a pretzel...   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I could only imagine the love that would get thrown around here if JD threw Reddick a 4 year, 110 mil extension tomorrow

the same exact people would have their pitch forks out over it.  We all know that.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly I don't mean to keep repeating this.

His leverage is the Jets want him.  They wouldn't have traded for him if they didn't want him on the team. 

It really isn't that complicated.   

It's not complicated because you're wrong.  He has no leverage compared to what the Jets have.  They wanted him for a 3rd in a year, nothing more.  If they wanted him so bad, they would have given him what he wants.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I actually thought it was quite a cleaver turn of a phrase!  :)

However, the point still holds that the REPORTER who broke the story is saying the Jets are NOT Telling the Truth here and that Reddick did not say he would play on the current deal!  

That is the point!

And you believe him because....?  He could be wrong.  He could be lying.  CAA agents don't always tell the truth do they?  And "never" send in a duped reporter to do their bidding?  Let's not be naive here please.

• Upvote 1

Saleh and Uhlrich have to be sick over this.

They are going to lose a proven ER who would’ve been out there for about 70% of the snaps, and making everyone’s job easier on ALL 3 downs… QW would get less attention, Mosely and Quincy would be free to do their thing and the secondary could be more aggressive knowing the rush was going to put pressure on the QB.

That’s gone for now, and stiffs like Kinlaw and Hoti (or whatever his name is)along with the 25yo project McD will have to step up and take up the slack for one of the best defenders in the NFL.

Good luck with that.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

43 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The defense is due to regress, for one thing.

I already addressed that. There is a counter point to every reason to predict a regression.  Even if you account for one, which is possible, the offense not being manned by a historically bad quarterback should help that since, presumably, they don’t need the number one defense playing 95% of the game have a chance at winning games anymore.

If JJ and McDonald take a step forward, that helps too.

Overall, the DL got slightly weaker with Huff leaving, but the secondary improved and a great secondary helps a so-so pass rush.

Reddick helps.  I’m not denying that.  However, he doesn’t make or break the rest of the unit and, at this point, he is a luxury.  A luxury without leverage.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You can do your own research.  You can find it on Google.

Oh believe me, I know the answer already.  The fact that you refuse to address it speaks volumes.

• Upvote 1

When did this term “he’s a luxury” become so in vogue? 
Some of you are like parrots. Someone says something, you think it’s a cool turn of a phrase and you trip all over yourselves to repeat it.

Reddick isn’t a “luxury”. If he was here and playing he’d be right there with QW and Sauce as a key cog in the defense. Luxury my a$$.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

When did this term “he’s a luxury” become so in vogue? 
Some of you are like parrots. Someone says something, you think it’s a cool turn of a phrase and you trip all over yourselves to repeat it.

Reddick isn’t a “luxury”. If he was here and playing he’d be right there with QW and Sauce as a key cog in the defense. Luxury my a$$.

Yeah, none of us have used the phrase luxury before.  Ghost, only you use big words like that.

• Haha 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

One more question.

This defense lost Huff, JFM and now Reddick. We replaced them with who? Kihnlaw and the Hoti(?) guy?

How is that better?

Huff is a one trick pony, JFM sucked and Reddick has never played a down for us.

JJ and Willie Mac have to step up.  I think they both will. Not concerned.  They have 1st round pedigree for a reason.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

One more question.

This defense lost Huff, JFM and now Reddick. We replaced them with who? Kihnlaw and the Hoti(?) guy?

How is that better?

How can you lose a guy that's never played a snap of football for you? 🤣 Come on, bro. His presence will be missed 😅

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It's not complicated because you're wrong.  He has no leverage compared to what the Jets have.  They wanted him for a 3rd in a year, nothing more.  If they wanted him so bad, they would have given him what he wants.

2 years

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Yeah, none of us have used the phrase luxury before.  Ghost, only you use big words like that.

You sir, ARE a luxury piece. We’re lucky to have you. 
When it comes to this team and it’s defense though, it’s a stupid term to associate with a player like Reddick.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Huff is a one trick pony, JFM sucked and Reddick has never played a down for us.

JJ and Willie Mac have to step up.  I think they both will. Not concerned.  They have 1st round pedigree for a reason.

You know who else has 1st round pedigree? Sam Darnold, Zach Wilson, Mekhi Becton and Javon Kinlaw.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Nothing actually happened today.  Nothing changed. Reddick’s agent made a crude attempt at leveraging using the media. JD held firm 

Both sides continue to play a waiting game hoping the other side will blink. 

if the Rodgers situation showed anything, it’s that JD can hold his water and wait.  

Agree. Although I think Reddick is getting some bad advice… holds zero leverage, costing himself millions and youth.

• Upvote 1