July 30th camp tweets. Pads and fans!

1 hour ago, Larz said:

This can be healthy and productive or a sign of trouble ahead. No idea what they are saying but second time they have been seen having this type of conversation 

Looks like they can't agree on what toppings they want on the pizza they are ordering after practice. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Agreed.  That’s what smart teams do and also why they typically don’t overdraft or overpay for non premium positions like safeties, linebackers, run stopping DTs ..

JD has a script.  Outside of a unique talent like Sauce and a ‘value’ free agent like Reed, CBs have all been 5-6th round picks.  

Bryce Hall, Carter II, Echols, JBC, Stiggers.

Money needs to be freed up for our stars at premium positions like CB1, WR1 and Playmaker1 (Breece Hall, who is more than a RB).  The one exception I see is Jets paying Carter II at the $10M top tier rate of a slot CB.  That’s more affordable than upwards of $15-18M for Reed.

First of all, **** you for responding to a post with Stiggy in it.

Second, this is one way to look at it.  Another is that Douglas and Saleh started out trying to go the late round route with cornerbacks and they were 32/32 out of 32 in defense.  The following year they used #4 overall and signed a starting CB and they have been very good ever since. 

I don't know that they will want to revisit that stunning secondary of 2021.  They took their lumps that year, but they were also probably recovering mentally from getting out from under Trumaine Johnson's deal.  I agree they would love for JBC and Stiggers to become viable replacements, but I don't think they will go into 2025 without an actual starter at corner across from Sauce.  If they roll with Stiggers, JBC or Echols back on a cheap deal, they had better be damned sure.  I am not going to happily sit back while they pull those stupid Pierre Desir, Quincy Wilson deals where they try to recreate the vaunted 2017 Colts secondary.  At least Maulet didn't completely suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Rodgers - "Yes, I ordered pineapple on the Pizza"

G.Wil - "Wtf is wrong w/ you, that's disgusting, keep that hippy sh*t to yourself, man"

Rodgers - "it's healthy!"

G.Wil - "I aint trying to be healthy when I eat pizza, nobody wants fruit on their ******* pizza"

Breece - "G, G, G, bro, I like pineapple on my pizza too and told ARod to order it that way, its my bad but I didnt order the Tempeh, that was all Arod"

Yep, the crap those West coast hippies want to put on pizza is a big reason they have earthquakes there. Just messing wit the natural order of things, eventually Nevada will be ocean front and they got no one to blame but themselves. 

• Haha 2

LOL 😂 classic Bobby

He’ll also start worrying about his win-loss record after he’s been fired by the NYJ…

On the #Jets offensive struggles the last two days: “We’re very early in the process. There’s a lot of thinking going on in the playbook. We’re installing…I’ll start worrying after the Giants preseason game.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

This can be healthy and productive or a sign of trouble ahead. No idea what they are saying but second time they have been seen having this type of conversation 

Wow! I was almost expecting Garrett to break Aaron's jaw!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Of all the coaches this is the one I believe the most when he talks. Must be the legendary beard game. I got a friend of mine that recently met him at an airport in Cabo, said dudes a nice guy for real. 

He’s a head coach next year. No doubt in my mind 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Second, this is one way to look at it.  Another is that Douglas and Saleh started out trying to go the late round route with cornerbacks and they were 32/32 out of 32 in defense.  The following year they used #4 overall and signed a starting CB and they have been very good ever since. 

I don't know that they will want to revisit that stunning secondary of 2021.  They took their lumps that year, but they were also probably recovering mentally from getting out from under Trumaine Johnson's deal.  I agree they would love for JBC and Stiggers to become viable replacements, but I don't think they will go into 2025 without an actual starter at corner across from Sauce.  If they roll with Stiggers, JBC or Echols back on a cheap deal, they had better be damned sure.  I am not going to happily sit back while they pull those stupid Pierre Desir, Quincy Wilson deals where they try to recreate the vaunted 2017 Colts secondary.  At least Maulet didn't completely suck.

Agreed.  They were wise to invest in Sauce at #4.  Premium position.

My point is that they cannot over invest in CB with only so many dollars to go around to keep their other top talent.  So it’s wise to groom one of these mid rounders to fill CB2.

I like a strategy of elite talent at CB1, a mid rounder to fill CB2 in year 2 or 3, and keeping an elite talent at Slot where the pay is lower.

Then pay Garrett, Breece next year and JJ the following year.

Consider using your 2025 first rounder on WR2 given the ridiculous rising costs at the position.

Anyways, just some 2 cent thoughts on how best to spread the dollars around in todays NFL.  Buyer beware in investing big dollars extending soon to be 30 year old Reddick (which I don’t think they’ll do) or using premium dollars at safety like some wanted to do this offseason.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, y2k8 said:

So many games are going to be won and lost bc of the new kickoff rule. I'm terrified of teams like Miami and KC if they put their speedsters back there. 

I think the league is going to be quite surprised when most coaches just elect to kick it out of the endzone and "give up" the extra five yards.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

If Allen does take over the RB2 role, I think this how Izzy makes the team and has an impact.  He returned kicks in college, a couple last year and he's got the speed/cut/break tackle combo to be effective...at least you'd think.

He and his Fashanu-sized hands aren’t very good at catching footballs. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, slats said:

He and his Fashanu-sized hands aren’t very good at catching footballs. 

But like, he's done it and caught the ball when he has and I dont think large hands is a requirement for returning kicks or at least, first time hearing it.  Think about all the smaller high twitch guys throughout the years have played that role. idk, seems like probably not a big deal.

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

In that last one, it looked a bit more heat but they shook hands and laughed it off.  In this one, you can see Rodgers smiling and laughing, then G.Wil laughs and then Breece comes up, taps G.Wil and starts tapping his chest.

Here's what my insanely accurate senses are telling me; Garret Wilson wants to win, bad.  Possibly more than any other player on the team.  You could see how the losing was impacting him last year and he's getting frustrated in camp when people are not doing their jobs correctly and/or maybe even Rodgers not getting him the ball or something.  My assumption, is he didnt have anyone to bring this too the past few years who have cared.  Now, he's got Rodgers to get in people's asses and demand better and team will respond.  So he's coming to him w/ his gripes and Rodgers is either talking him down/explaining a decision or asking him, what do you want me to do?

you're welcome when this is confirmed.

I really hope the Jets don’t break GW man. I think it’s a fragile situation and I love how much he wants to win as a talented player at a premium position and one where guys can get caught up in their own numbers too. 

Think he’s a keeper and I’d hate to see the organization be so incompetent they run him out of town. He’s one I think good franchises are going to be in on if he wiggles away.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Rodgers to Wilson

"The warning that I received, you may take with however many grains of salt you wish, that the brown acid that is circulating around us, is specifically not too good. It's suggested that you do stay away from that; of course, it's your own trip, so, be my guest."

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

There has been nothing to indicate this. Why do you insist on making things up

Because he is either VERY stupid or is going with some kind of shtick... which is also stupid..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Hopefully they have a sense of how much a notch down Stiggers or JBC would be from Reed. 

With JBC it’s kind of interesting because both he and MCII were athletic CB/S tweeners coming out of college, JBC definitely has a good build for outside but Reed is small for outside too. I wonder if that skill set kind of meshes with what they want their nickel to be able to do and whether he gets a look there. Especially with Oliver moving to safety. They definitely have an interesting eye for DB’s with so many CB/S types (Adam’s too) and where they ultimately land.

Anyway, if one of JBC/Stiggers can be penciled in as a top three corner next year I think that’d be a huge win.

20 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

But like, he's done it and caught the ball when he has and I dont think large hands is a requirement for returning kicks or at least, first time hearing it.  Think about all the smaller high twitch guys throughout the years have played that role. idk, seems like probably not a big deal.

Hand size is absolutely a factor when it comes to catching the football, especially in the cold and wet NE. On 11 targets in the passing game, he had two drops (and two other misses). He returned two KOs last year with the longer one being all of 19 yards. He fumbled once on 22 carries in the regular season, and also fumbled in the preseason. His hands are an issue, whether you’d like to dismiss their size or not. 

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This guy could become the greatest player of all time and I still wouldn't even think of buying his jersey. Waaaaay too risky,

It took me a good 7 seconds to register what you were saying.