Should Jets Consider Mike White Reunion to Fill QB3 Role?

Hell No.  I have a ton of respect for Mike White - He stood in there and got his ******* clock cleaned more than once during that bills game and then came back in the game with broken ribs.  That being said, that QB3 position needs to be filled with someone young and has the talent in hopes that you can develop him.  If it's me, I'm keeping Taylor, Peasley and Travis on the IR.  I do believe that Travis has the physical and mental skills to be a damn good QB down the road.  His injury just might be a blessing in desguise because we seem to never let a QB sit and learn.

12 hours ago, JetNation said:

Mike White

Should the Jets be considering a reunion with quarterback Mike White?  As absurd as it may sound to some, we think the answer may be yes.

With Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor occupying the top two spots on their quarterback depth chart, there are some durability concerns.  Even if you feel current backups Andrew Peasley and Adrian Martinez have some potential, neither appear ready to step in and take live snaps in a real game.

After all of the injuries the Jets dealt with last season, they should be looking to reinforce every position on the roster with as many upgrades as possible.  With Mike White as their QB3, an upgrade is exactly what he would be.

So while he won’t make anyone forget Peyton Manning anytime soon, that doesn’t mean a player like White wouldn’t have any value to Gang Green if they needed him to step in for a game or two.

The post Should Jets Consider Mike White Reunion to Fill QB3 Role? appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

Not if Brooks Bollinger is available.

Was somewhat surprised to see Rypien released, thought he looked pretty good.

Bears released QB Brett Rypien.

Rypien impressed at the Hall of Fame game earlier this month, completing 11-of-15 passes for 166 yards and three touchdowns. Unfortunately, that strong outing wasn’t enough to unseat Tyson Bagent, who will get a chance to back Caleb Williams in his rookie campaign. In 10 regular season games, Rypien has thrown for 950 yards, four touchdowns, and nine interceptions. Rypien is free to sign with another team and could end up on a practice squad in the coming days.

Related
Transaction
4m ago
Source: Tom Pelissero

On 8/26/2024 at 7:55 AM, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Hell No.  I have a ton of respect for Mike White - He stood in there and got his ******* clock cleaned more than once during that bills game and then came back in the game with broken ribs.  That being said, that QB3 position needs to be filled with someone young and has the talent in hopes that you can develop him.  If it's me, I'm keeping Taylor, Peasley and Travis on the IR.  I do believe that Travis has the physical and mental skills to be a damn good QB down the road.  His injury just might be a blessing in desguise because we seem to never let a QB sit and learn.

Why isn’t mike white allowed to develop as a QB 3? 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not a coincidence that our division rivals go out of their way to keep us from having him on this team. 

Nor is it a coincidence the coward signed to backup a QB built like Lebron that never misses games. 

He’s not even familiar with this teams playbook or offensive scheme. Outside of once being on the team already and knowing a lot of the guys here, wouldn’t make much sense. He moved on, so did we. Still a guy I’ll root for, no sour grapes for me, but I’d rather take a shot at developing what we have and have a little more upside. We already know white is a fringe qb2 at best. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He wants a piece of that macho alpha-wolf vertical passing game. 

Dolphins didn’t want him.  Bills just haven’t gotten to know him yet. 

What kind of hazing do you think Milano has planned for him?

ooof lol 

• Haha 1